BANGKOK
webfact

Thai Rath poll: Bum guns get the thumbs up from Thais after parliamentary debate

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tilacme said:

The bum gun is one thing the Thais have got right.  Couldn't do it in UK as mains water is too cold.

In the UK they should as a start get rid of the nasty carpet in the bathrooms … :thumbsup:

http://maxipowercleaning.co.uk/why-brits-have-carpet-in-the-bathroom/

Edited by ttrd
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I had one in the apartment in Tokyo when I lived there, and, in a separate toilet room, they had fitted a TOTO Toilet system.  Heated toilet seat for wither, as well, as a push button " Master Blaster ".  Japan has the best toilets in the world, and, also the worst. The " Squatters " . I only used a squatter on a couple of occasions when I was desperate,

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wiggy said:

Not forgetting the water pressure. You’d end up with more than just s*** on the ceiling.  

Never have problem with the pressure. I ordered a “bum gun” from China off of EBay and installed it myself in Canada a few years ago.

It came with an adjustable valve, like a tap. You control the pressure as you like it. Like a tap. 

Why would you think there would be no way to control the pressure? 

Edited by Catoni
Correction

1 minute ago, gearsau said:

I had one in the apartment in Tokyo when I lived there, and, in a separate toilet room, they had fitted a TOTO Toilet system.  Heated toilet seat for wither, as well, as a push button " Master Blaster ".  Japan has the best toilets in the world, and, also the worst. The " Squatters " . I only used a squatter on a couple of occasions when I was desperate,

Japanese toilet facilities are best in the world IMHO

Hate squatters, especially as I age 

Just now, RJRS1301 said:

IMHO

Hate squatters, especially as I age 

The feeling is probably mutual.😃😃😃

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

I haven't seen one service station or shopping centre inc home DIY stores that has them either so what's the big deal just use what's provided and get over it .

That would forcefully make you a dirty wiper.  Disgusting.  Please provide a butt gun and a safe space.

• Like 1

The Bum Gun is a gift from the Gods. That they are available in many public places is a testament to the advanced civility of Thai Culture.

Posted (edited)

I always think that, if a seagull shat in your face, would you want to wipe it around with a tissue or water wash it?

Edited by Tilacme
spelling
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, keith101 said:

I haven't seen one service station or shopping centre inc home DIY stores that has them either so what's the big deal just use what's provided and get over it .

Bought mine from China off of EBay several years ago. Couldn’t be happier. There are also other web sites that sell them. 

Sure, I looked for bum guns around town here in Canada at first. Couldn’t find them.

But I didn’t let the fact that no brick and mortar store had them stop me from getting one. 

A lot of people buy online these days. 

Edited by Catoni
Addition
  • Like 1

Just now, Catoni said:

Exactly.   I like to ask, “If somehow you got shit on your arm or hands, would you just wipe it off with toilet paper, and call it good??”

To be fair, you would use soap as well.

2 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Spraying shitty water and bacteria all over the place is not a good idea, never used one neither does the mrs, tis a dirty foreign contraption.

If you use it and you’re spraying shitty water and bacteria all over the place, then you obviously don’t know how to use it. Oh well....another farang who doesn’t want to learn. 

• Like 2

Just now, Catoni said:

If you use it and you’re spraying shitty water and bacteria all over the place, then you obviously don’t know how to use it. Oh well....another farang who doesn’t want to learn. 

Add another to ranks of the the "dirty wiper."  He and the misses must be a real treat at the end of the day.  Now you know why dogs always sniff butts, but you rarely see that in Asia.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:
2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Practise makes perfect as the saying goes. IMO 'tis the best way to keep bum, hands and the toilet clean. I could not be without one.

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Need replaceable nozzles for hygiene purposes

You must have a very strange way of using your bum gun. 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lust said:

I used to use tissue to clean myself. Now, it’s the bum gun for cleaning, and tissue paper is to confirm that I did a good job cleaning. If I see any color on the tissue paper, it’s back to the gun for me. Repeat until tissue has nothing on it. Love my bum gun. The only thing better than a bum gun is a bidet.

The “bum gun” is often called “hand held bidet”. 

Spray with right hand, while wiping at same time with other hand, same as you do with water ladle at squat toilet. 

You get nice and clean then you can dry with toilet paper or if there is no toilet paper, (often the case in many areas of certain countries), just pull your underwear and pants up and your body heat soon dries everything. 

No problem...works very well. 

• Like 1