Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Thai Rath poll: Bum guns get the thumbs up from Thais after parliamentary debate

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

 

You must have a very strange way of using your bum gun. 🙂

 

Faecal spray can contaminate the nozzle, in fact flushing a toilet sends microscopic spray up to 3 meters unless the toilet lid is closed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I don't like the flooding they cause, some people are spraying water all over the place. Nothing butt selfishness.

I’ve had a bum gun installed for years. So far no flooding. Just like my kitchen sink taps, there is a valve to control the water pressure and to shut it right off. 

Edited by Catoni
Correction
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Faecal spray can contaminate the nozzle, in fact flushing a toilet sends microscopic spray up to 3 meters unless the toilet lid is closed.

 

Simple answer 1. Don't touch the nozzle.

 

Simple answer 2. Close the lid. That's what it's there for.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Japanese toilet facilities are best in the world IMHO

Hate squatters, especially as I age 

The longer you keep using your leg muscles for squatting, the longer they will stay strong. 

   As we age, we lose muscle we don’t use. 

   In mountain villages I’ve been in, the elderly are much stronger than most of us farangs. They have only squat toilets with a bucket of water and a ladle for pouring. And no toilet paper to be found. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tilacme said:

The bum gun is one thing the Thais have got right.  Couldn't do it in UK as mains water is too cold.

The cold is not a problem, its more the lack of water pressure. Most UK bathrooms are fed water from a loft tank, not the mains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just put some buckets in the toilets

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lust said:

I used to use tissue to clean myself. Now, it’s the bum gun for cleaning, and tissue paper is to confirm that I did a good job cleaning. If I see any color on the tissue paper, it’s back to the gun for me. Repeat until tissue has nothing on it. Love my bum gun. The only thing better than a bum gun is a bidet.

Bidet is for washing the babies out as a french lady said...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lust said:

I used to use tissue to clean myself. Now, it’s the bum gun for cleaning, and tissue paper is to confirm that I did a good job cleaning. If I see any color on the tissue paper, it’s back to the gun for me. Repeat until tissue has nothing on it. Love my bum gun. The only thing better than a bum gun is a bidet.

So, a possible case of rinse and repeat then?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Catoni said:

The longer you keep using your leg muscles for squatting, the longer they will stay strong. 

   As we age, we lose muscle we don’t use. 

   In mountain villages I’ve been in, the elderly are much stronger than most of us farangs. They have only squat toilets with a bucket of water and a ladle for pouring. And no toilet paper to be found. 

Arthritis of the hips, I do daily gym activities 50 min/60min, including leg lifts, prone and seated leg curls, hip adduction and abduction, walk 5 klm minimum daily, and still hate squatters 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Faecal spray can contaminate the nozzle, in fact flushing a toilet sends microscopic spray up to 3 meters unless the toilet lid is closed.

 

Been flushing toilets for close to 70 years. I can’t remember ever getting sick from it. E.coli would be the primary fecal bacteria. You need to intake a lot more than what is released in a toilet flush to get sick. 

   Most “traveller’s diarrhea” is caused by food handlers who didn’t wash their hands after having a bowel movement and getting some crap on their hands, or by eating vegetables with bits of feces on them from natural fertilizer and not being washed properly. 

Edited by Catoni
Correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tilacme said:

The bum gun is one thing the Thais have got right.  Couldn't do it in UK as mains water is too cold.

Well, why not get a thermostatic controlled one? Easily available via Amazon UK for around £60 - just search for 'shataf' (yes, really!) as that is their name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

To be fair, you would use soap as well.

Yes, that’s why I said you would at “...least...” wash it off with water. Of course using soap also is even better. 

   But even using water and wiping is much better than just wiping with toilet paper and calling it “good”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Need the bum gun sure.

 

Last year we stay on Chwaeng Beach Centara Hotel Koh Samui.

 

The hotel nice, is quite expensive, but no Bum gun!!!! We never go back there again because of this reason. Even the all cheap hotel in Thailand have the bumgun. 

 

We ask the staff why not have. They say the farang don’t care, don’t use. Mainly foreign customer. 

 

For me, this so dirty. If my car go in the mud, should I clean it with paper? Do the good job. Not clean it properly sure. 

Why don’t farang use it? I don’t understand. 

This farang use for 30 years!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...