Thai Rath poll: Bum guns get the thumbs up from Thais after parliamentary debate

webfact

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, overherebc said:

The biggest 'miss' for me when travelling is the bum-gun.

Korea and Japan being the best especially in cold weather. Heated seats and warm water, wonderful. ????????

Drove from Samui to Sisaket all the servos had squat toilets  and a tub of water with a dipper.

7 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Ah yes, the dreaded million billion mummy hand thing. I've sometimes pondered if I could make a quick dash to the sink with my pants down.

Lately in Oz, one of the barbarian countries, I found some relief at the pharmacy: Kleenex flushable wet wipes. Lifesaver.

Think you will find the allegedly flushable wipes, are not considered flushable, and company in trouble over them

15 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Spraying shitty water and bacteria all over the place is not a good idea, never used one neither does the mrs, tis a dirty foreign contraption.

If you are spraying water all over the place, that would be because you have no idea how to use it.

Let me ask you this - if the paper breaks through and your finger gets some "material" on it, which do you do... wipe it off with paper, or wash it?

4 hours ago, Gee Ku said:

The French invented the "bum gun" but civilly called it a "bidet", and King Louis XVI installed a solid gold one. It was carted off by one of his pages when his head was lopped off.

Well really a bum gun and a bidet provide similar service, but are two totally different things. A bidet being a separate "sink" like unit, whereas the bum gun is an attachment on a hose which does not require a separate sink.

This is it; close down the internet - the ultimate article has just been published.

In parliament, of all places in this country, the forgot WHAT? The land's most productive spot as far as .......... let's leave it there. 

How on earth could they forget the bum guns? Most likely, because (as in many other places) they are continuously stolen. Same with urinal flushers; some places have stainless steel cages with real padlocks preventing theft of urinal flushers .......... 

46 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

This is it; close down the internet - the ultimate article has just been published.

In parliament, of all places in this country, the forgot WHAT? The land's most productive spot as far as .......... let's leave it there. 

How on earth could they forget the bum guns? Most likely, because (as in many other places) they are continuously stolen. Same with urinal flushers; some places have stainless steel cages with real padlocks preventing theft of urinal flushers .......... 

Urinal flushers no longer required as new generation urinals have sensors which trigger the water flush when user moves away. Same as sensors on taps in bathrooms to save water wastage

18 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Spraying shitty water and bacteria all over the place is not a good idea, never used one neither does the mrs, tis a dirty foreign contraption.

better to smear the matter over one's bum cheeks and leave it to dry?

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Just using paper can lead to what some cultures around the world refer to as "cling-ons" or the dreaded "skid marks" on underwear.

There's no worse culprit in this regard than the ubiquitous shiny toilet paper found in British schools and public toilets. This has to be one of the cruelest inventions in human history.

So it's plaudits aplenty to the bum gun - I'd even choose one of these over a roll of Andrex velvet comfort triple wrapped around a Labrador puppy. 

9 hours ago, Inn Between said:

I was one of those who ignored it for ages, only using it when cleaning the bathroom. Then for some reason I used it one day, and there was no going back to using only paper down there to clean. When visiting family back in Canada, I had to improvise as I refused to return to the barbaric method of using paper only. So, for those who appreciate their bum gun and miss it when traveling, a squeeze bottle -- the kind used for ketchup or other condiments like that, will do in a pinch (no pun intended). And I can even fill it with tepid water for extra comfort. Paper should only be used for drying. 

I've tried to delicately explain the beauty of a bum gun to some family members, but they are stuck in their old ways and think it's a very strange concept. I get it. I thought it was strange too until I tried it. Now I think it's great. 

The best invention since sliced bread. Although I haven't used sliced bread.????

1 minute ago, lamyai3 said:

There's no worse culprit in this regard than the ubiquitous shiny toilet paper found in British schools and public toilets. This has to be one of the cruelest inventions in human history.

So it's plaudits aplenty to the bum gun - I'd even choose one of these over a roll of Andrex velvet comfort triple wrapped around a Labrador puppy. 

Alas, I too have painful memories of the crinkly loo paper back in those days, reminds me of a mate who was a hod carrier, and used cement bag strips to wipe his botty, then wondered why he developed chronic constipation!!!!!

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

I think the money to buy them was stolen, makes more sense .....

I have managed over seven decades without using one of these play things. How does the user take aim at the target ? How do they know when the target has been fully cleaned ?  How is the target and surrounding area dried ? How closely does the user check the spray head for other user's debris before taking aim ? 

7 minutes ago, Humpy said:

I have managed over seven decades without using one of these play things. How does the user take aim at the target ? How do they know when the target has been fully cleaned ?  How is the target and surrounding area dried ? How closely does the user check the spray head for other user's debris before taking aim ? 

One takes aim with an educated guess .....

Bum is fully cleaned when fingers can't find any poo ...

It isn't dried, it dries

Personally, I never check the nozzle and doubt anyone else does ...

Footnote: To use a bum gun, one must have a good sense of spatial awareness, and if you squat on the seat, you need to have balance .....

One other thing, in the event the water pressure is high, one must be able to slip the power on halfway, takes some control to this, and if you overdo it, a disaster awaits!!!

7 minutes ago, Humpy said:

With a name like Humpy, you should definitely give it a go ......

19 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

'Spraying shitty water and bacteria all over the place'....?

Do you actually know how to use one?

you actually aim it at that crinkled brown bit at the centre of your butt cheeks which are usually spread, owing to your position on the toilet seat.

The strength of the water jet is up to the operator who can adjust the pressure at source so that rogue bits of dump don't get jetted back up your jacksie causing such matter to exit your mouth or ears.

You aim the BG at this brown wrinkled bit - say 5cm distance and gently press the trigger, thus artistically removing said dump bits, (faeces or shit to the uneducated).

Thereafter one gently pats the Sphincter area with lovely soft bum tissue, (not 'Izal'), and.... hey presto! - Spotless arse.

No 'Spraying shitty water and bacteria all over the place', at all! Very hygienic and comfortable unless you went wrong at the water pressure bit.

Round off the entire procedure by washing one's hands, (in case some of the brown stuff accidentally becomes wedged under your cleaning 'index' finger, (or other).

Please print off these instructions and paste on the toilet door. DO NOT USE TO WIPE YOUR ARSE!

Try it - it works wonders -just like a 'Double Diamond' (Brits only).

2 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

you actually aim it at that crinkled brown bit at the centre of your butt cheeks which are usually spread, owing to your position on the toilet seat.

The strength of the water jet is up to the operator who can adjust the pressure at source so that rogue bits of dump don't get jetted back up your jacksie causing such matter to exit your mouth or ears.

You aim the BG at this brown wrinkled bit - say 5cm distance and gently press the trigger, thus artistically removing said dump bits, (faeces or shit to the uneducated).

Thereafter one gently pats the Sphincter area with lovely soft bum tissue, (not 'Izal'), and.... hey presto! - Spotless arse.

No 'Spraying shitty water and bacteria all over the place', at all! Very hygienic and comfortable unless you went wrong at the water pressure bit.

Round off the entire procedure by washing one's hands, (in case some of the brown stuff accidentally becomes wedged under your cleaning 'index' finger, (or other).

Please print off these instructions and paste on the toilet door. DO NOT USE TO WIPE YOUR ARSE!

You should write a book, I can see it now .......

"The Essential Guide to Bum Gun Efficiency"

3 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

I run a publishing company and this has the potential to be a best seller. Of course, you'd have to go into a bit more detail, and we could always market it as an ebook, with a new chapter coming out every week!

Add a few bum gun experiences, plus a step by step guide (with images) and you have a best seller!

17 hours ago, Catoni said:

Never have problem with the pressure. I ordered a “bum gun” from China off of EBay and installed it myself in Canada a few years ago.

It came with an adjustable valve, like a tap. You control the pressure as you like it. Like a tap. 

Why would you think there would be no way to control the pressure? 

I was kidding. I should’ve put a ????

15 hours ago, brokenbone said:

i consulted my chinese friend Far Flung Poo about it,

she has a lot of experience with them,

she knows im not overly tidy, and dont care much for keeping every bathroom i enter shiny, she advised against me using them

I read a book years ago called “Brown Spots On The Wall”. 

The author’s name was Hoo Flung Poo. 

Perhaps a relative?    55555 ????

Archived