BANGKOK
webfact

Video: TM30: Thailand’s controversial immigration laws and their consequences - FCCT event

2 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Ah, TM30 the Movie. I'll just pop the popcorn first.

Dumb and Dumberer with a Vengeance. 

• Like 2

I notice the TM 30 is required for a stay of more than 24 hours in another Provence? My wife and I have a residence in one part of the Provence and another residence on the far side of same Provence. Distance apart is 76Km. We spend time at both and on many occasions, more than 24 hours. Am I breaking the law by not submitting a TM 30? Just a thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

I guess the current "tightening of the screws" is based on what is going on in China, same-same as it were.....

Quite logical, seeing the build up of the powers to be.

Maybe that is how they want to please the Chinese, when does the country invade.

Maybe for that reason they can also ask for advice in the Netherlands.

Some time ago they also wanted to check everything for the Germans.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

I have the yellow residence book does my wife still need to do a TM30 after I return from a golf tour in Pattaya ?

Depends on if you went over or under par. :cheesy::crazy:

• Haha 2

Expats are saying "Leave us alone".  Immigration is not listening. Bring on the Chinese tourists.

• Sad 2

A good recession and vanishing tourists and a decent drought will make for an interesting time for this Thai government. All the ordinary Thai I know are in financial strife. Thankfully I rejected the idea of ever staying in Thailand long term, just sad that I have made a lot of friends in Thailand.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zydeco said:

Got to give credit to the French Canadian lawyer. @1.26:30 he calls out the general and his subordinates who have basically been refusing to answer the questions and just saying "the law is the law and must be complied with."  He asks why wasn't it the case for 40 years and brings up other instances of non-enforced laws. And reply? None. Passed things off to a comment from the Australian Chamber of Commerce who quickly moved to praise immigration for making things "so much easier." BTW, why no American representative at this forum?  UK, Canada, Australia. No Americans.

They are busy in election campaign daily flow chart of which side they should start making loyality as insurance policy🤔

Sorry just a joke

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Expats are saying "Leave us alone".  Immigration is not listening. Bring on the Chinese tourists.

they mentioned in the video that the chinese chamber of commerce had a similar meeting the week before as far as i remember.

And they are equally annoyed...

2 hours ago, SammyT said:

Pretty much just here to see the ranting of angry expats. My TM30 reporting takes up a few hours each year. It's not ideal, but it is what it is. 

right, and if you are a tourist for a few months, on a motorcycle, traveling every day or every other day, am I or my Thai friend supposed to reserve the next day for filling in the TM30 relating to the private residence I have just stayed at ???...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1