Video: TM30: Thailand’s controversial immigration laws and their consequences - FCCT event

webfact

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was quite obvious that the Thai Immigration officials didn't like egg on their face. They cant seem to accept that the majority of foreigners are smarter than they are on how to conduct their affairs. How can you be so stupid as to think criminals are going to make themselves known and whereabouts to police or immigration. Send your so called experts to other countries and learn something instead of plodding along with antiquated ideas and policies.

I like the Thai ID concept, that would solve a lot of the problems.

"Good guys out more bad guys in" 

3 hours ago, sjbrownderby said:

On a Facebook page that is administered by this guy Brousseau I entered into a discussion with other users regarding this very issue. I said that something had changed in the way the law was being applied, Brousseau accused me of spreading misinformation. He threw a mini-tantrum saying he didn't have time for this and barred me from the Facebook page. He seems to have changed his tune somewhat. 

You were spreading misinformation and you didn't listen and continue. I don't know you, never met you and it is true that when people just do not want to listen, well, you got what you deserved. The facebook page is at the origin of the petition, which is why people are now talking about TM30. This is so confuse, and causes problems. At least, we address some issues and don't whine constantly like others.

7 hours ago, SammyT said:

Pretty much just here to see the ranting of angry expats. My TM30 reporting takes up a few hours each year. It's not ideal, but it is what it is. 

Your Tm30 takes up a few hours per year, im out and about spending a bit here and there every month and my return journey when im back at home takes more than a few hours each time, times that by the number of weekends i have away from the province and all i seem to do is visit the IO who  give a deep sigh in exasperation,  now lets not  forget the places i stay  when week ending who also have to report , and for what reason we all ask, it wont keep the baddies out and its the IO that lets the baddies in, and any wrong doers wont be owning up to where they are and what they are up to, so is there not a more efficient less time consuming way to report your where about, ah i here online is the way to go but that doesn't seem to fill expats with confidence either, I'm not moaning and im sure the IO has what they think is a valid reason but there must be a more efficient way especially as somebody else can report for you.

8 hours ago, SammyT said:

Pretty much just here to see the ranting of angry expats. My TM30 reporting takes up a few hours each year. It's not ideal, but it is what it is. 

As long as it is easy for you then all good for everyone. No problem so why take the time to comment and boast and post some troll nonsense. 

Just now, Wake Up said:

As long as it is easy for you then all good for everyone. No problem so why take the time to comment and boast and post some troll nonsense. 

I went too Jomtien today with all the relevant documents, in and out in a few minutes, the lady at Reception did it, tore the slip off stamped all done.

I personally am not doing a TM 30. If they don’t want to give  me an extension of stay I can go many places and support women and families in other countries.  No use arguing with them and no use getting angry unless you have a wife and kids here that you support and care about. The rest of us are free to go or comply with the TM 30. I travel too much to do the TM30 and will not comply and do not have anything invested in this country and will not make any investments in the future. But some Isaan families will miss the money sent home to them and my landlord will miss my monthly rent money and the bank will miss my 800 k in the bank. But up to them. I don’t care anymore. 

6 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I went too Jomtien today with all the relevant documents, in and out in a few minutes, the lady at Reception did it, tore the slip off stamped all done.

Great for you. What is your point. Not everyone lives close to immigration and not everyone travels once in a great while. Some of us travel weekly and live a long way from immigration. Feel better now. You are special. 55555

The only sensible thing was the pink card. Most of the questions were rubbish and the upshot is this is the law, you do what you're told. We all know that logical arguements are a waste of breath here and Thais think themselves superior. You could see this in the body language and dismissive answers. A backward country only because of the idiots running it.

8 hours ago, hansnl said:

I guess the current "tightening of the screws" is based on what is going on in China, same-same as it were.....

Quite logical, seeing the build up of the powers to be.

Shame its not based on what’s happening in the EU and USA!!

I watched the video from start to finish. I was surprised to hear that the people who produced the software did not test it before putting it out but it would explain a lot with other online applications that have been rolled out

7 hours ago, hansnl said:

I guess the current "tightening of the screws" is based on what is going on in China, same-same as it were.....

Quite logical, seeing the build up of the powers to be.

To some countries, China offers 10 year visas for just under B12K.  Those are not tight screws, and as I and others have stated previously, when registering your flat as foreigner, it is all matter of fact and largely friendly.   It is nothing like dealing with the screws at Thai immigration over TM30.  For one, immigration is not a profit center.  It just checks and distributes visas.  The Chinese media likes talking about foreign interference, but inside China you do not get that feeling at all.  Whatever is happening in Thailand it is caused by local xenophobia, and a lack of nimble minds running the country.   They are probably more worried that the average Thai may get inspired by these demonstrations.  If cha cha was in Carrie Lam's position, there would probably be people already gunned down.   They both have a similar feeling about freedom.  It is only something to be enjoyed if you are very wealthy.

Archived