Jump to content
BANGKOK
ChouDoufu

TM-30 CW success (mailed, live with thai renter)

Recommended Posts

us citizen, living with thai girlfriend in bangkok.  gf is renting a condo.

i have non-o (retirement).

 

arrived in thailand july 4, mailed tm-30 july 5 by ems.  received july 8.

included copy of gf's id card and lease, plus a short statement confirming

i live at the given address.  also included a registered sase.

did NOT include owner's id card or house book.

 

according to thai post tracking, tm-30 receipt (maybe?) was entered into

the system yesterday, after only 5-1/2 weeks processing.

 

 

Search Result : RB0000000000TH
 
DATETIME Scan Location Description
August 15, 2019
11:17:16
Goverment Complex Commorating His Majesty Accept
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. I wonder what would happen if you needed to do extension today but still have not received receipt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

assume would be sent to the long line to retrieve a paper confirmation, unless io's have access to tm30 database.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

assume would be sent to the long line to retrieve a paper confirmation, unless io's have access to tm30 database.

Wouldn't that be a ripper job....entering info from mail onto computer.

I fly in out los every week. Think I will mail a couple every week! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Wouldn't that be a ripper job....entering info from mail onto computer.

I fly in out los every week. Think I will mail a couple every week! 

Thats exactly what I plan to do, mail in a paper package every time, for me thats 20+ a year. They wants lots of useless forms & photocopies they can have them & process them. I will keep the EMS delivery print out to show Immigration when I need to visit. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You see, it´s working and it wasn´t that hard.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you please advise who the mail was sent to, as in specific person/department and address?

Thanks in advance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AI5AASIA said:

Can you please advise who the mail was sent to, as in specific person/department and address?

Thanks in advance 

TM30 REPORTING

IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1

CHALERMPRAKIAN GOVERNMENT COMPLEX

120 MOO 3  

CHAENGWATTANA ROAD SOI 7

LAKSI BANGKOK  10210

 

sent by EMS (37 baht), delivered next business day.

the receipt showed "TM30 IMMIGRATION" as the destination.

 

you can follow progress online.

tracking website will show time delivered and who signed for it.

 

i sent a registered mail stamped envelope for the return receipt.

as seen above it just entered the system, as of now no update.

expect to receive it monday or tuesday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

***UPDATE***

 

registered letter just arrived with my mail-in TM30 receipt, signed and stamped by immigration, dated day of arrival in thailand.  (july 05)

 

CW accepted gf's ID card and rental contract, with GF as possessor on the form with a signed statement from her.  owner's ID and property book not included in package.

 

turnaround time 6 weeks.  (july 05 - aug 17)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

***UPDATE***

 

registered letter just arrived with my mail-in TM30 receipt, signed and stamped by immigration, dated day of arrival in thailand.  (july 05)

 

CW accepted gf's ID card and rental contract, with GF as possessor on the form with a signed statement from her.  owner's ID and property book not included in package.

 

turnaround time 6 weeks.  (july 05 - aug 17)

Would be interesting to see what would happen if you went for a trip during that period and stayed at a hotel that reported guests tm30's while your original one was still being processed. I guess one if two things:

The system would go into overload or, 

Nobody apart from immigration big wigs actually gives a shit as its all about compliance and nothing else. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

turnaround time 6 weeks. 

One of the reasons given for introduction of the TM30 was it helps Immigration track foreign criminals. Nice to see they are hot on their heels (only 6 weeks behind!) Amazing Thailand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Would be interesting to see what would happen if you went for a trip during that period and stayed at a hotel that reported guests tm30's while your original one was still being processed. I guess one if two things:

The system would go into overload or, 

Nobody apart from immigration big wigs actually gives a shit as its all about compliance and nothing else. 

depends on when each tm30 is entered in the system.

 

if hotel first, no problems.  mail-in tm30 resets to home address.

 

if hotel comes later, then i gots to do another one at immigration at extension.....unless i mail in another package.

 

the receipt is dated according to report date (or postmark date).  no indication when it was actually entered, but would assume close to the end of the processing period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

TM30 REPORTING

IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1

CHALERMPRAKIAN GOVERNMENT COMPLEX

120 MOO 3  

CHAENGWATTANA ROAD SOI 7

LAKSI BANGKOK  10210

 

sent by EMS (37 baht), delivered next business day.

the receipt showed "TM30 IMMIGRATION" as the destination.

 

you can follow progress online.

tracking website will show time delivered and who signed for it.

 

i sent a registered mail stamped envelope for the return receipt.

as seen above it just entered the system, as of now no update.

expect to receive it monday or tuesday.

 

Thanks. I've only just today received a  response to my two attempts to try and register online.

One is from my attempt 6 weeks ago and the other about 10 weeks ago. Reason given was  "insufficient documents" I'll persevere but meanwhile I'll follow your example and post in my next TM30.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

we've given up online.......tried twice.  once at the end of may, and again early july.  both times we got the confirmation email, confirmed, and had status updated to "awaiting approval - officer will complete within 7 days."  since then, nothing.  no request for more documents. 

 

we did not have the owners id and housebook, so used the rental info.  thought maybe it could work because house number on the application did not have a red asterisk, so maybe was optional?

 

in the meantime, we finally convinced the owner to apply for id and password.  that was three weeks ago.  she is still waiting.

 

in the meantime, i tried to apply as foreigner, but when i tried to upload documents, error message said the address had already been registered.  our two attempts have not changed status, so hoping that means owners application has been processed.

 

สถานะ : รอการพิจารณาอนุมัติ
Status : Waiting for approval
เจ้าหน้าที่ สตม. จะทำการพิจารณาอนุมัติภายในระยะเวลา 7 วันทำการ
Registration requires Immigration officer's approval within 7 days (working hour).
Edited by ChouDoufu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...