BANGKOK
GalaxyMan

Poisonous snake?

Just found this nasty thing in my house and it bit me on the finger, drawing some blood by scraping, not penetrating deeply. Is it a poisonous snake?

20190816_134414.jpg

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

It's a Golden Tree snake, you are not going to die... 

Next time just leave them alone 🤔😉

It was in my house! Most likely my great hunter cat bringing me another trophy to approve. Is it at all poisonous? I worry about my cat 'cooking' it if/when she catches it again.

Eat it and let us know if its  poisonous, otherwise  let it be its a beautiful golden tree snake as mentioned, fast as  hell rear fanged  will bite and you  will bleed  but that's  about all that will  happen.

2 minutes ago, Chazar said:

Eat it and let us know if its  poisonous, otherwise  let it be its a beautiful golden tree snake as mentioned, fast as  hell rear fanged  will bite and you  will bleed  but that's  about all that will  happen.

Hopefully so but the experts always advise that the possible complications of a nonvenommous snake bite  includes a retained tooth in the puncture wounds or a wound infection (including tetanus). So do not just simply dismiss it. 

• Like 1

Golden tree snake, no problem. They tend to stand their ground and not slither away though. Not poisonous .

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Hopefully so but the experts always advise that the possible complications of a nonvenommous snake bite  includes a retained tooth in the puncture wounds or a wound infection (including tetanus). So do not just simply dismiss it. 

Luckily, I jerked my hand away quickly, but felt the fang(s) scrape the back of my finger without penetrating.

20190816_141813.jpg