BANGKOK
volleyowl

Any Thai banks use Zelle/a similar option?

Posted (edited)

I have an American bank that uses Zelle for money transfers. 

Does any Thai bank use Zelle (I know it's not available internationally) so something similar where I can transfer money from an American account to my Thai checking? 

Thank you very much

Edited by volleyowl

Moved to Banking.

You must be the one in a thousand with a Thai checking account (not many have or need).  Transferwise is the current front runner for international transfers into accounts here as rates are reasonable and exchange rate is known prior to payment.  Normal to have Transfersize draw from your US account using domestic ACH and pay here in Baht from a Thai account.  

You will find a lot of threads/posts about Transferwise which is used by many to transfer money internationally (also US to Thailand).

https://transferwise.com/us

lopburi was faster.

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

You must be the one in a thousand with a Thai checking account (not many have or need).  Transferwise is the current front runner for international transfers into accounts here as rates are reasonable and exchange rate is known prior to payment.  Normal to have Transfersize draw from your US account using domestic ACH and pay here in Baht from a Thai account.  

Sounds like checking accounts arent popular here lol. I figured checking accounts (and savings accounts) are popular everywhere but yes, this is Thailand. I'll check out Transferwise. Thanks

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

You will find a lot of threads/posts about Transferwise which is used by many to transfer money internationally (also US to Thailand).

https://transferwise.com/us

lopburi was faster.

Yep, I'll see what Transferwise is about and will familiarize myself with it. Thanks for the info! 

56 minutes ago, volleyowl said:

Sounds like checking accounts arent popular here lol. I figured checking accounts (and savings accounts) are popular everywhere but yes, this is Thailand. I'll check out Transferwise. Thanks

Checking accounts are not even available to most expats (must be working here) and almost nobody uses checks today (or ever here).  Passbook savings accounts are what most people have.