BANGKOK
justin case

Can a Thai minor with dual nationality, give up their Thai nationality ?

Posted (edited)

Perhaps to get some conclusive answers you should share some broad detail of 'why', it might make a difference to the answer. 

Your current age might also change the answers.

But don't give any personal name etc., details, never. 

Edited by scorecard

current age ? it says minor ...

I am not Thai my daughter is.

Ex-wife does not want me in this country (even I take care of) or my daughter outside this country.

If my minor daughter could give up her nationality, if possible, we both could overstay and be happily deported to our home country.

12 minutes ago, justin case said:

If my minor daughter could give up her nationality, if possible, we both could overstay and be happily deported to our home country.

There has surely got to be a better way than that. I hope someone comes up with it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, justin case said:

Really?

Do you have full custody? If not, is the mother in agreement with that?

• Like 2

There was another thread less than a year ago not dissimilar to this. It was a HK passport holder (mother) with teenage daughter (Thai / HK) living in HK. The estranged Thai father would not consent to the daughter relinquishing Thai citizenship and had retained the key documents. This meant the daughter could effectively not live in mainland China as a Chinese person as dual nationality is not permitted for Chinese nationals. Dig around, you might find it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Only with parental consent until they reach the age of 20.

Parental...is that both-and or either-or?

Edited by GalaxyMan

As noted above, both parents would need to consent or you would need a Court order. If both parents are alive and one does not consent there is zero chance of this happening.

It is possible to gain permission to stay in Thailand to look after your Thai daughter (assuming she lives with you and you do actually look after her). There is nothing your ex wife can do about this. Indeed, she wouldn't even be aware of what permission you have to stay in Thailand unless someone tells her.

• Like 2

Just now, GalaxyMan said:

Parental...is that both-and or either-or?

Both.

Posted (edited)

for info:

mother does not care for the child

does not contact the child

does not visit the child

does not line/voice talk with the child

good thai lawyer:  my lawyer said, unless the mother had beaten the child into the hospital, custody would be shared.... years of insults and minor bruises and other acts of violence , physical or verbal, were not enough

for immigration, you need original blue book (and copies), birth certificate (and copies) and presence of the mother, which of course, my ex wife will do none as this is a way to deny me a stay with my child, I take care for 24/7 until my current visa expires

go explain to IO at airport, that you cannot obtain a "valid" visa because ex-wife is the problem and you have to leave every xx days till some IO will deny you entry...

life could be such more easy without a PSYCHO EX-WIFE

as some person said, as long as both parents are alive ...

sadly, ass.holes seem to live way longer than good people

Edited by justin case
  • Like 1

Cynical response from me again, yet how do you know the child will not turn out just like her mother? Is it worth your grief to go through this? As you say, your visa will eventually run out, then what? The child is sent back to her mother? Did you have a DNA test done on child?

Just something to think about. Don't know your age or plans when you go back to wherever. As you know, raising kids is a full time job. 

The minor, she has dual passports too? Is it possibile for her to travel with you on a foreign passport without the mothers authorization?

Would a registered letter from the child to her mother, stating that as they no longer live together since.....date...and that she requires these documents that regard her, she would like to recieve them in someway. Then when you don,t get an answer is it possibile to get copies of the documents from the relevant offices? Using this as proof.

You need some sort of paper trail that you are the only one looking after the girl, and the mothers not interested. Sooner the better. 

Maybe even personal letters, between her and her mum, taped phone calls. 

There must be a way of getting copies. 

• Like 1