Can a Thai minor with dual nationality, give up their Thai nationality ?

@matador007

Out of interest, why are you confused?

This is a thread about a non-Thai parent of a half-Thai child wanting to relinquish the child's Thai nationality but being blocked by a hostile, estranged Thai parent. The other thread was about a non-Thai parent of a half-Thai child wanting to relinquish the child's Thai nationality but being blocked by a hostile, estranged Thai parent.

21 hours ago, sead said:

Possible to make a visa run and take a flight from another country? Think its easier to try a border.  You can get new temporary passport from your embassy if you or daughter say you lost it.

Apply for new passport for daughter and leave the country with her by whatever means and surely if she is a citizen of your country and you are the sole carer they will allow her to stay? What is your country? The UK do not separate single parent carer from the child and particularly not if they are a citizen. The Law I think.

On 8/16/2019 at 2:30 PM, justin case said:

current age ? it says minor ...

I am not Thai my daughter is.

Ex-wife does not want me in this country (even I take care of) or my daughter outside this country.

If my minor daughter could give up her nationality, if possible, we both could overstay and be happily deported to our home country.

"One flew over the Cuckoo's nest" I wish it was a bad joke, but I'm afraid that it's not. 

Your daughter must be old enough to make such a decision by her own. Not by such a great daddy. 

Edited by Isaanbiker

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jonmarleesco said:

That might well depend on what passport she last entered on.

Say she got the Thai passport in Thailand she would be able to leave. 

For the foreign passport (US? Can,t remember) can you get a first passport in a foreign country? If yes surely she could leave Thailand.

Or maybe not. ????????