TM30 Proposal

John_Betong

Who would prefer having to pay to a Thai Immigration bank account about 200 Baht at the nearest bank or 7/11 every 90 days instead of having to report and fill in the relevant forms?

A confirmation email with the bank deposit details and your current address should be an adequate TM30 replacement.

Having a copy of the email or payment details should be adequate proof if required by any official.

If a top immigration officer proposed this idea we should all congratulate his brilliant thinking ????

Who would prefer having to pay to a Thai Immigration bank account about 200 Baht at the nearest bank or 7/11 every 90 days instead of having to report and fill in the relevant forms?

A confirmation email with the bank deposit details and your current address should be an adequate TM30 replacement.

Having a copy of the email or payment details should be adequate proof if required by any official.

If a top immigration officer proposed this idea we should all congratulate his brilliant thinking 1f642.png&key=eca1ec9654d339e1dcb410e06a22bf572ac50349869e073b18c879ff8b59a030

Your assuming Thai immigration wants to forgo its new revenue stream from farangs and Thai landlords. That goose is only starting to nest...

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

On 8/16/2019 at 2:24 PM, John_Betong said:

You're overlooking how many separate benefactors tend to become involved in protection rackets. Just ask anyone who runs a business here how this works. 

15 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

You're overlooking how many separate benefactors tend to become involved in protection rackets. Just ask anyone who runs a business here how this works. 

I run a business and have done for many many years and have never seen a policeman.  So please tell me what you know, and base it on evidence and not bar stool heresay.   "Ask anyone who runs a business"......well here I am and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Sketchy guys running a bar, yes, you'll be expected to play the game.  I don't run a bar.   I also know several other foreign professional business owners - no protection rackets, no problems, never.  You are perpetuating  a bar stool myth.

5 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Sketchy guys running a bar, yes, you'll be expected to play the game. 

Fair enough, I withdraw the sweeping generalisation about business operators, and when I posted I very nearly used the phrase "anyone running a bar business". But please take into account the context of the suggestion I was replying to - it's quite clear that there's more than a few grubby mitts in the pot benefitting from the collateral damage of immigration enforcement. 

Archived