Relatives of student in slapping case to file complaint

webfact

Relatives of student in slapping case to file complaint

By Thanapat Kijjakosol
The Nation

800_6be85146b415cfe.jpg?v=1565936735

Even though the schoolteacher in Sa Kaew’s Aranyaprathet district who slapped the face of his Mathayom 2 student has already resigned, relatives of the schoolboy said on Friday that they would today file a complaint with police as the boy and parents have allegedly been harassed and threatened by teachers and other individuals.

20190816131829450.jpg

The alleged harassment is contrary to an earlier comment made by Aranyaprathet School director Prasarn Leudthahan that a calm and measured resolution had been reached. Prasarn said that teacher Binnarong Srichan, whose slapping of the schoolboy’s face to punish him for making noise during other students’ class presentations on August 14, was caught on film and quickly went viral, prompting criticism of his overly violent reaction, had apologised to the boy's parents that same day. The parents had indicated they didn't want to pursuit charges against the teacher.

20190815155940735.JPG

Saying that he had already reported the incident to the Educational Service Area 7 Office, Prasarn said Binnarong also went to the student's house and found that the boy wasn't wounded and the boy reportedly apologised to him for disturbing the others. Prasarn also said that Binnarong submitted his resignation on Thursday to the “Kru Phu Song Khun Kha Haeng Phaendin” (“Most valuable teachers of the land”) project under which he was hired on a yearly contact at Bt17,000 a month, citing a health problem.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30374873

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-16

After having been a teacher for 15 years I totally get the teacher's reaction. Sometimes you just want to belt the little buggers. You don't......but you sure want to.

Honestly, I have no problem with corporal punishment in the schools. The strap on an open palm was always sufficient when I was young.

I was canned across the hand as a teenager about 3 times - usually 4 to 6 ‘cuts’ of the cane a week so hard I had huge welts on my hands and fought back tears until I got older and could shutdown on the pain.

We has wooden blackboard dusters thrown at our heads by teachers as small children.

I went to an average public school system in Sydney Australia.

Hitting children is not on. Being four or five times the size of a child and hitting them with anything’s is abuse!

yes children can be frustrating and we can chose to be angry at them.

thd notion that corporal punishment of children who are acting out for some reason does not help the child nor enhance the teacher child relationship.

As for teenagers being verbally and physically violent to teachers (this is a growing serious problem in Australian school) this is also not on and teens who behave like this need to be lovingly and non judgementally removed and counselled.

children ‘act-out’ in response to the family system.

Very few kids are organically brain disordered despite the huge weight of propaganda re ADHD etc.

The wholesale, yes wholesale use of such labels scapegoats children and only serves to propagate family dysfunction and social discord.

I was unruly and a chatterbox in class because my home life was horrific. Hyperactive and extremely distressed and anxious.

Never, never did anyone ask me was there something wrong or causing me distress in my life I was simply labelled by adults and punished for events and life circumstances I had no clue about.

I used to regularly get the cane at school,mostly for fighting with 

other kids,up to 6 across your fingertips,and the kinky teacher's

prefered to cane your arse,it never turned me into a serial killer,

a criminal,or want to shoot a classroom up.

In this now PC  World, maybe the lack of punishment has resulted

in the way things are now,the youth are not afraid of the Police,

we used to respect them,if caught doing something ,they would

give you a clip around the ear,BUT you never thought about killing

one !, 

regards worgeordie

9 hours ago, Cereal said:

After having been a teacher for 15 years I totally get the teacher's reaction. Sometimes you just want to belt the little buggers. You don't......but you sure want to.

Honestly, I have no problem with corporal punishment in the schools. The strap on an open palm was always sufficient when I was young.

You might not but most modern societies and educationalists do have a problem with violence conducted on children by adults who supposed to be educating them.

On 8/17/2019 at 9:26 AM, Cereal said:

the problem is the kid is taught violence as a solution  

Archived