TM30 Android Application Question

Today my wife received the Username and Password from Udonthani Immigration Office which she applied for on 01 August and we are very grateful for this.

When using the TM30 App page for providing data (Name, Passport Number, etc) there is a symbol in the middle of the page stating Take Photo or Scan MRZ could somebody please advise if this is to be used for taking a photo of the Passport Photo Page, Visa, TM6 and last entry stamp, etc also what does Scan MRZ mean.

Many thanks in advance for any help

Don't bother with that, just enter the passport number using the keypad.

(Scanners used by immigration, and everywhere, can read the standardized two lines of text at the bottom of the picture page. There are some mobile app apps which can do the same using the camera. That's what this refers to.)

Machine Readable Zone

There are MRZ apps in the Play Store too.

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Don't bother with that, just enter the passport number using the keypad.

(Scanners used by immigration, and everywhere, can read the standardized two lines of text at the bottom of the picture page. There are some mobile app apps which can do the same using the camera. That's what this refers to.)

Machine Readable Zone

There are MRZ apps in the Play Store too.

Many thanks so I believe I have evreything now to do this except I am wondering about what to put as Check In Date and Check Out Date.

Many thanks if you could advise.

My wife has now successfully managed to register the TM30 online using the TM30 Android Application the only problem it is not possible to use the screen saver function (swiping of side of hand from right to left or vice versa) so now we will take a photo of the screen with another tablet.

Just wondering if anybody has managed to use the screen saver function on the TM30 Android Application.

8 hours ago, vibration said:

My wife has now successfully managed to register the TM30 online using the TM30 Android Application the only problem it is not possible to use the screen saver function (swiping of side of hand from right to left or vice versa) so now we will take a photo of the screen with another tablet.

Just wondering if anybody has managed to use the screen saver function on the TM30 Android Application.

Well, that's between the user and the device, and unrelated to the TM30 app.

You should figure out how to make screenshots with the device; this can be found quickly using Google. Often there are several methods available.

Press on the Search graphic

Adjust search criteria to the 7 day period when you filed

Press  on the date

Your filing should be displayed

Now do a screen capture

For my device: 3 options

hold power and volume down

OK Google, "take a screen shot"

Add Screenshot to Notification bar

• Like 1

6 hours ago, treetops said:

Did you scan the MRZ or did you end up typing in the data?

I tried, but had issues trying to hold the passport flat, steady, while holding the phone, also steady. far enough away to get the full MRZ code framed. Automated systems (scanners, kiosks, etc.) all have readers into which the passport slides snuggly.

Found it simpler to just enter the data manually using the keypad.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Well, that's between the user and the device, and unrelated to the TM30 app.

You should figure out how to make screenshots with the device; this can be found quickly using Google. Often there are several methods available.

Press on the Search graphic

Adjust search criteria to the 7 day period when you filed

Press  on the date

Your filing should be displayed

Now do a screen capture

For my device: 3 options

hold power and volume down

OK Google, "take a screen shot"

Add Screenshot to Notification bar

Many thanks once again you have provided great help for me.

Thai Elite Visa also confirmed this morning that the photo taken of the online TM30 Application on my Samsung Android is acceptable as evidence that a TM30 application has been done for use at Chang Wattana when transferring my existing 5 year PE Visa into a new Passport in the future.

30 minutes ago, vibration said:

for use at Chang Wattana when transferring my existing 5 year PE Visa into a new Passport in the future.

I transferred stamps (reference to old pp, and old Non-B; ext stay) to a new passport yesterday at CW, was not asked for TM30. Assume they could see that I have a valid TM30 on file (used the online system), or it is not required for this activity.

You could also go online (web system), log in, do a search and print out the filing (more detail, looks different). 

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I transferred stamps (reference to old pp, and old Non-B; ext stay) to a new passport yesterday at CW, was not asked for TM30. Assume they could see that I have a valid TM30 on file (used the online system), or it is not required for this activity.

You could also go online (web system), log in, do a search and print out the filing (more detail, looks different). 

Many thanks for the advice which I have now done.

I believe that you were not asked for the TM30 as they could see it is in the online system.

The online TM30 Application is very easy to use and we will use this whenever we travel in Thailand or come from abroad so as to avoid any problems.

15 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Does anyone have a good link for the app? The one earlier I cant seem to make work.  Says its imcompatable with my device.

Most likely you are geoblocked. Create a new Thai based Google account (or if not too risk averse sideload it, search for sideload/apk on here and you'll find the link).

Edited by Salerno

So what does one do if Playstore says " this app is not available in your country" and can't download it?

I am trying from Thailand using a WiFi internet connection.

My tablet was bought and set up in France, so I guess in some way registered there with Google. 

Anyone? Thanks!

On 8/17/2019 at 5:43 AM, mtls2005 said:

I tried, but had issues trying to hold the passport flat, steady, while holding the phone, also steady. far enough away to get the full MRZ code framed. Automated systems (scanners, kiosks, etc.) all have readers into which the passport slides snuggly.

Found it simpler to just enter the data manually using the keypad.

Not sure if this is important as I have already succesfully registered two TM30 Reports by typing in the Passport Number however I have been trying to use the MRZ function on a future test TM30 and I got the MRZ function to work. I have a Samsing Galaxy Tab-S with a blue fiber type protective folder type cover that I normally have it pressed into. I took the cover off and managed to press the opposite half of my Passport picture page into a pocket in the cover and lock the far side of the picture page slightly under the cover that the Tablet normally sits in please see photo (passport deliberatley facing the wrong side up for privacy). This method kept my Passport picture page firmly in place and steady on my lap and I was then able to use the MRZ function easily by holding the Tablet steady and keeping the Passport picture page as large as possible in the MRZ photo function window. I will do this now for all future TM30s.

20190820_200853.jpg