BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Not for sale: Danish MPs ridicule idea of Trump buying Greenland

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

and bet if they could have the life the Danes have now, they would make a different decision

Health care

standard of living

education 

per capita wealth

At a 62% or so tax rate.

9 minutes ago, Jack Mountain said:

Centuries ago a lot of Europe's lowest of the lowest went to Greenland, thinking it was green. Arrived they found out it was not. Realizing they were fooled they made a left turn and went to America. 

And became the most powerful country in the world.

3 minutes ago, Shot said:

Oh, is that so?

with so much social unrest, political division, racial bigotry,  and a very high incarceration rate, interfering in other countries domestic situations, gun violence.

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Oh, is that so?

with so much social unrest, political division, racial bigotry,  and a very high incarceration rate, interfering in other countries domestic situations, gun violence.

Yup, still is.  You can slice it and dice anyway you want, but the fact is.

12 minutes ago, Shot said:

At a 62% or so tax rate.

With the help of imported brains. Btw. Morally not so powerful. 

1 minute ago, Shot said:

Yup, still is.  You can slice it and dice anyway you want, but the fact is.

Can you spell CHINA?

I do wonder if the Russians or Chinese decide it is imperative that they set up a Greenland station of their own, without Danish agreement, just who are the Danes going to ask to defend their territory?

40 minutes ago, zydeco said:

I do wonder if the Russians or Chinese decide it is imperative that they set up a Greenland station of their own, without Danish agreement, just who are the Danes going to ask to defend their territory?

At this point they are shining boots.

ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thule_Air_Base

The whole thing makes perfect sense!... Once all the snow melts there will be a perfect place to relocate all the residents of Florida...

Kidding aside i bet if you put a map of the world in front of Trump he could not find Greenland... :coffee1:

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Oh dear, surely not even POTUS could seriously believe that the people would prefer the USA to Denmark.

They have a stable economy, understand social justice, have world class health care  and education.

What drugs does the POTUS indulge in when his thumbs stop moving?

I don't know, the last time I checked the majority of the best universities in the world were in the US.

They also don't tax you 60%

And can you remind me the worldwide recognized companies Denmark produced? Few US ones come to my mind without even thinking

4 hours ago, webfact said:

In 1917 Denmark sold off the then Danish West Indies islands for $25 million to the United States, which renamed them the United States Virgin Islands.

Could we persuade Trump to buy Thailand? It would put an end to our Immigration hassles. Though he would not in all conscience be able to rename it United States Virgin Territory.

There is no question in most of our rational minds, that Trump has become completely unhinged. He has always been a very unstable man, of very modest intelligence, and very little common sense. Now, he is off the deep end. So, nothing he says at this point can be taken seriously. He needs to be removed from office, as soon as possible, so the SDNY can try him, convict him, and take him off the streets for the rest of his life. Hopefully some family members will join him in prison. They all deserve it. And the world will rejoice! 

56 minutes ago, HeyHeyHey said:

I don't know, the last time I checked the majority of the best universities in the world were in the US.

They also don't tax you 60%

And can you remind me the worldwide recognized companies Denmark produced? Few US ones come to my mind without even thinking

You're deluded. Take your meds. Now.

The best universities are in Europe. There. Get it now? 

American degrees are comprised mostly of "extra curricular" nonsense. Credits for cheerleading, backslapping, high fiving, baking, shooting balls in hoops, meddling in the domestic affairs of sovereign nations, obsession with guns, courses taught by people who teach with a nauseatingly disgusting accent, classless and culturally illiterate people who travel the world, audaciously thinking the rest of the planet is a geographical extension of their country. "how much is that in American money", "what's a 'pessport'?"

These long nosed meddlers think they can wantonly and randomly travel the world and claim they have a right to police the domestic affairs of independent countries. It's a good thing that Asian countries are taking a strong and solid stance against this pernicious meddling!

As for Greenland, it is without doubt that Greenlanders would rather be Danes than even for a fraction of a second entertain the thought of being identified as Americans. Nauseatingly disgusting.

1 hour ago, sfokevin said:

Kidding aside i bet if you put a map of the world in front of Trump he could not find Greenland... 

If you put a map of the world in front of Trump he could not find the map.