BANGKOK
webfact

Not for sale: Danish MPs ridicule idea of Trump buying Greenland

6 hours ago, khunPer said:

Greenland deal is off, and replaced by this...😉

Denmark Offers to Buy U.S.

Borowitz--Denmark.jpg

COPENHAGEN (The Borowitz Report)—After rebuffing Donald J. Trump’s hypothetical proposal to purchase Greenland, the government of Denmark has announced that it would be interested in buying the United States instead.

“As we have stated, Greenland is not for sale,” a spokesperson for the Danish government said on Friday. “We have noted, however, that during the Trump regime pretty much everything in the United States, including its government, has most definitely been for sale.”

“Denmark would be interested in purchasing the United States in its entirety, with the exception of its government,” the spokesperson added...

Read the full The New Yorker article here.

Well if it occurred not only a descent health care system, and superior education, but what USA has always wanted, bone fide Royalty to gush over

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 11:40 AM, RJRS1301 said:

Because he would not have known where Greenland is :)??

He heard Greenland has the best golf greens. 

• Haha 1

Someone please just tell him its not green. Will confuse him for years.

• Like 1

I am sure he will make Mexico pay for it...🤣

• Haha 2

he is the greatest president , ever .😍

• Thanks 1

Troll post removed.

He should buy Slovenia.

Or take back Liberia. 

On 8/16/2019 at 4:37 PM, JHolmesJr said:

I don't put any stock in this news. 

This is from the NY Post. Rupert Murdoch's newspaper and an ardent Trump supporter.

Kudlow confirms Trump wants to buy Greenland

White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow didn’t pour any cold water Sunday on President Trump’s flirtation with buying Greenland.

“I don’t want to predict an outcome, I’m just saying the president, who knows a thing or two about buying real estate, wants to take a look at a Greenland purchase,” Kudlow told Dana Perino on “Fox News Sunday.”

https://nypost.com/2019/08/18/kudlow-confirms-trump-wants-to-buy-greenland/

On 8/16/2019 at 5:47 PM, Shot said:

At a 62% or so tax rate.

And became the most powerful country in the world.

And that helps the average American how?

On 8/16/2019 at 7:45 PM, HeyHeyHey said:

I don't know, the last time I checked the majority of the best universities in the world were in the US.

And what good does that do most Americans?

Student loan debt hurting most Americans' retirement savings, study finds

Outstanding student loan debt is on the rise in the U.S. —  in June, it nearly hit $1.6 trillion, a record amount — and more Americans are delaying savingOpens a New Window.for retirementOpens a New Window. as a result.

A staggering 84 percent of American adults reported that student loans are hurting the amount they’re able to save for retirement, according to new research conducted by the MIT AgeLab and published by the Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America-College Retirement Equities Fund (TIAA). About three out of four borrowers said they’re putting off maximizing their retirement savings, instead focusing on paying off their student loan debt.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/student-loan-debt-americans-retirement-savings

On 8/16/2019 at 7:45 PM, HeyHeyHey said:

I don't know, the last time I checked the majority of the best universities in the world were in the US.

They also don't tax you 60%

And can you remind me the worldwide recognized companies Denmark produced? Few US ones come to my mind without even thinking

Currently the tax rate is 55.8 percent. And the Danes get great value for their tax dollars. Free and excellent education. Great Health Care.

As for business:

The World Bank rated Denmark #3 in the world in regards to ease of doing business. Ahead of the USA.

https://www.doingbusiness.org/en/data/exploreeconomies/denmark

As for high tech

How Denmark is Leading the Next Technology Agenda

https://thinkers50.com/blog/how-denmark-is-leading-the-next-technology-agenda/

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2019 at 2:13 AM, JHolmesJr said:

Got a link? 😂😂😂

You're absolutely right for challenging that notion that it was a fake leak from the Trump administration. Turns out it was true. And it's great to see that you finally acknowledge the importance of links.