BANGKOK
webfact

Not for sale: Danish MPs ridicule idea of Trump buying Greenland

I am sure the Danes are preparing for a 'warm' welcome come Aug 31.

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Man, you always say that and I'm pretty sure this wasn't Trump's grand plan.  But it's ideas like this that does reinforce the notion that Trump is a moron.  So no, he's not exactly playing the media.  But at least this idea isn't cruel, or racist, or just flatout dangerous.

Maybe you're just a guy who hates Trump, no mater what he does...nothing wrong with

owning it.

I dont see how bringing up the Greenland thing makes him a moron. The idea has been on the table

before and there is precedent where territories have been bought and sold before. I am pretty sure you

had the same thought when he announced his run for president. Keep sucking on your sour grapes.

• Haha 1

While most lunatics howl at the moon, Trump howls at Greenland.  He can't even get that right.

3 hours ago, Basil B said:

Oh, Yes he is...

Yep, hands up, I was wrong. 

• Like 1

it started as a joke over lunch with people

99.9955% of people would laugh it off

not this brainless child

Is Denmark even still a thing?  C'mon over to the US of A already.  Perhaps we can throw in an elite Thai Visa to sweeten the offer. 😍

Danish PM said the 'Greenland belongs to Greenland'. Very well then, let them have a referendum as to which country they want to be part of. That would put the issue to bed and the result might be surprising. For all we know there might be blokes round a table in Greenland right now saying 'What has Denmark ever done for us?'

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, JamesBlond said:

Danish PM said the 'Greenland belongs to Greenland'. Very well then, let them have a referendum as to which country they want to be part of. That would put the issue to bed and the result might be surprising. For all we know there might be blokes round a table in Greenland right now saying 'What has Denmark ever done for us?'

If Trump had suggested that instead of his ignorant offer he wouldn't have looked quite so foolish.