BANGKOK
Hal65

Laos embassy in Bangkok, is visa by mail an option?

If so I would be able to take a bus from Udon to Vientiane. If not there are other options that allow for visa on arrival at the border.

Has anyone gotten a visa from the Laos embassy in Bangkok by mail? How difficult was the process? I'm in Pattaya and this won't be worth it for an in person visit but by mail would be nice.

Visa on arrival, at border or airports. .. 

Has anyone used the Laos eVisa? The website seems to indicate the visa will be sent by mail - does it really mean email? I'm in Bangkok now and flying to Laos in 2 weeks time - is this long enough to apply for the eVisa?

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, pkrv said:

Has anyone used the Laos eVisa? The website seems to indicate the visa will be sent by mail - does it really mean email? I'm in Bangkok now and flying to Laos in 2 weeks time - is this long enough to apply for the eVisa?

Thanks.

You are correct, it is written that the visa is sent by mail. It is quite confusing as they mention that you use the approbation letter at the border crossing,

I checked in French and the write the same.

Sorry I have never used this process online for Laos . I hope someone did.

I used eVisa for Myanmar, Vietnam and Cambodia and the document eVisa  is sent by email.

Maybe you can contact them:  support@e-visa.online

Good luck !

I read the section :< Eligible Countries >and at the end of the paragraph you can read this:

After the approval of the eVisa, the travellers, will have to print the eVisa which is sent to them via their electronic mail

I hope this help !

2 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I would suggest that those intending to get a Lao e-visa start at the official website: https://laoevisa.gov.la/index. I have had bad experiences with agent websites in the past which are usually more expensive. That said, I have not yet used the Lao e-visa scheme.

Thank you for the update on the government web site. I I also think it is better to deal with the official web site. I was not aware the other one was an agent.

Ah, thanks for the updates, hadn't seen there was the official website either. Looking to make this process simpler, rather than pitfalls with agents. Otherwise photo and 1500THB on arrival is much easier. Thanks for the assistance.

Posted (edited)

Just Get a Visa on Arrival & Pay 35 US$ ( Varies on You're Nationality ) But So EASY A Child could do it in Person.....

Edited by Nong Khai Man
  • Like 1

If your flying to Vientiane(wattay)international or crossing at Nong Khai just get a Visa on arrival if your from UK it $35 or 1500Baht you will need 1 photo and completed form the form is available at immigration.If you use the eVisa method it will cost you $86.

Screenshot_2019-08-17-06-20-22.png

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Just Get a Visa on Arrival & Pay 35 US$ ( Varies on You're Nationality ) But So EASY A Child could do it in Person.....

I use eVisa to visit countries around Thailand because  I want to avoid the huge Visa sticker that use a complete page of my passport. Up to now, I could enter Cambodia, Myanmar and Vietnam just showing the eVisa letter printed on my computer. The officer just put a entry stamp, no more.  I hope the Lao eVisa is done the same way.  Too much VISA sticker fill a passport very quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cnx355 said:

I use eVisa to visit countries around Thailand because  I want to avoid the huge Visa sticker that use a complete page of my passport. Up to now, I could enter Cambodia, Myanmar and Vietnam just showing the eVisa letter printed on my computer. The officer just put a entry stamp, no more.  I hope the Lao eVisa is done the same way.  Too much VISA sticker fill a passport very quickly.

More hassle though, as you now need to keep the letter with the passport.