Kasikorn Banking Codes.

First of all apologies for another Transferwise type thread but I have a question I do not seem to be able to get to the bottom of. 

When using  Transferwise for a transfer my U.K. Bank, using the new drop down line re reason for long stay in Thailand, it shows as an MCL code in my Kasikorn account. 

The Transferwise transaction was using Kasikorn Bank so it was Kasikorn to Kasikorn. 

A Gentleman recently posted that following a conversation with someone at Kasikorn they stated that “the teller id means International transfer from other bank with API system”.  The usual Swift method I’ve used before has a TFN code which in their book states clearly as an International transfer. 

Whilst i I have no reason to disbelieve this, I cannot get any confirmation from anyone at Kasikorn despite numerous conversations at my branch and their Customer Service number. It does not show in the Key in their book or on the statements. 

Obviously I am wanting to use the income method next year and want to give the IO as few opportunities to reject me as possible. 

Has anybody had any experience of these codes or getting an extension (or knock back) using this method. 

Many thanks. 

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

why don't you send some small trial transfers

The example I gave is what happened last week when I did just that. 

Kasikorn to Kasikorn, via T/W MCL code, Kasikorn blank faces when asked what it means. 

Kasikorn to Kasikorn, via T/W MCL code, Kasikorn blank faces when asked what it means. 
The branch who will do your immigration letter need to find out what that code means and is it Intl. They may not know now but they need to find out, it's their code

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
17 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The branch who will do your immigration letter need to find out what that code means and is it Intl. They may not know now but they need to find out, it's their code

I agree. I told them that so they gave me their usual customer help number which also drew a blank. 

Sometimes you get the impression that no one has a clue. 

I don’t speak Thai well enough so I guess I’m as much to blame. 

I agree. I told them that so they gave me their usual customer help number which also drew a blank. 

Sometimes you get the impression that no one has a clue. 

I don’t speak Thai well enough so I guess I’m as much to blame. 

Typical thai procedure, they don't know so they shrug their shoulders and move on to the next thing. Just persevere, try and find someone good in the branch. Ask for manager maybe