TM30 - How much is your time worth?

No,not possible. The apps or the website is not available from outside Thailand unless you changed your store to Thai what is for cost reasons not possible. Meaning that my landlord have to travel 9000 km to the nearest IO. I do not expect a rise for me as idon’t have a lease

I have no time to go to the office

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, wobalt said:

No,not possible. The apps or the website is not available from outside Thailand unless you changed your store to Thai what is for cost reasons not possible. Meaning that my landlord have to travel 9000 km to the nearest IO. I do not expect a rise for me as idon’t

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

The website is available from anywhere, if you go to the threads about the app there are links to the APK or how to get the iphone app outside thailand. It doesnt cost anything to change playstore country.

2 minutes ago, MikeN said:

No, that is 51 million who have looked at the website ....not necessarily used it.

Thats translated by chrome, original comes up in thai, so possibly not a literal translation. I dont think its the type of site people visit for fun

As with most bureaucracies, with Thailand being no different, the results of the TM fiasco are far from the intent. Everyone is just trying to satisfy a paperwork requirement, and "national security" will not be enhanced. I seriously doubt that the next Erawan Bomber will be found to have a valid TM30 on file.

That said, for most you really only need to file a TM30 within 24 hours of your most recent arrival which occurs prior to having visit immigration. So that might be once per lifetime (assuming you never leave your Thai domicile), or it might be once per year (annual extension, assuming you've left the province/country) or maybe one or two more if leaving/re-entering and having to do the odd 90-day report.

Until such time as policing and enforcement - raids, you must carry your TM30 on your person, etc. - and punishment (more than a fine) changes it really is a bit of joke, but not at all a big one. Having people self-report is the ultimate idiocy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, onera1961 said:

Simple solution is to pay the fine when required. That's what I am going to do if fined. I will not submit a TM30 if my rental agent does not want to. Though she submitted once.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The problem being that you in many cases need to have filed a TM.30 if you want to make an extension. In those cases, paying the fine won't be enough.

Of course it varies from office to office.