TM30 - How much is your time worth?

21 hours ago, worgeordie said:

1600 THB up here in Chiang Mai !,that's what i like about Thai Immigration the consistency, 

some places 600 THB,some places saying they dont require it.

regards worgeordie

A bit like women in general.

I want some of that, most of that, a good share of that, some of that when I ask, don't forget that because I will want too. And stay awake because it might all change tomorrow.

????????????????????

21 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

The online system works fine, 1,000s of hotels and people use it every hour of everyday. People may have trouble doing the registration and there is a wait for a password but once registered its the simple solution you are looking for. If you really have trouble with the online system there is always a mail in option.

as of today 51,000,000 have used the online system, 45,000 today.

image.png.1f0f96a50634104dea55717cabb1dd8e.png

This system has been used by only hotels for years. It wasn't until the announcement on 28 March 2019 they want everyone that have aliens in their homes to report. Been waiting over 3 weeks for my password. 

Yes, I think its better for me to just pay the fine when go do the family visa extensions. Visiting the weekend condo every weekend I would have to report 104 times a year (myself, wife and child).  No password yet. Mailing is not a feasible option.  Even my agent suggested if its too inconvenient just pay the fine every year. However now I see many say even the 90 day report won't be accepted without a TM30 in the file. That's not good.

So for me fine will be (800 x 3persons x 4 (TM47)) + (800 x 3persons (extention) = 12,000 baht per year. I have to think about some more. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, faraday said:

Because then he wouldn't be able to moan, complain & later bad-mouth all things Thai. Perhaps.

:wink:

So where am I bad-mouthing all things Thai?  The topic is about "How much is your time worth" and I went far beyond what should be expected to report a simple overnight stay in another province.  My landlord and I had everything we needed but the IO sat there with a blank look on her face, arms crossed and basically refused to communicate with us or look at any other documents until we just left.  I have more time in this TM30 mess than it took me to drive from BKK to Sisaket and back where I stayed.  Do you consider this acceptable behavior for an IO? I don't need to moan, complain or bad mouth all things Thai and I don't.  If I didn't like it here I would just leave.  You remind me of Baghdad Bob during the Iraq war spouting the party line until the tanks rolled in.   

• Like 1

My landlord has been waiting for the password for my unit for almost 2 months now.  This week, he made a special trip to Changwattana to speak with them about it and received nothing but blank stares and sheepish grins.  He owns 12 units in my building (11 rented out) and so far has only received passwords for 2 of them.

So...it appears to work for some, but not for others.  I suppose I can do the mail-in option, but it’s really pretty pathetic that they cannot seem to get their system to work consistently.
So he has a different login\password for each property, that's daft. My guesthouse has one login and password which makes more sense
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

The website is available from anywhere, if you go to the threads about the app there are links to the APK or how to get the iphone app outside thailand. It doesnt cost anything to change playstore country.

1) You’re an idiot if you’re putting APKs in your phone from a place like Thailand. Enjoy your malware.

2) Changing the store can be a major hassle because it dictates what services you can pay for. If your Apple store is Thai you can’t pay for a lot of things in the US and so on. It’s a pain. Been there, done that. The Thai store is also restrictive to music and movie rights.

• Like 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:
On 8/16/2019 at 5:20 PM, Airalee said:
My landlord has been waiting for the password for my unit for almost 2 months now.  This week, he made a special trip to Changwattana to speak with them about it and received nothing but blank stares and sheepish grins.  He owns 12 units in my building (11 rented out) and so far has only received passwords for 2 of them.

So...it appears to work for some, but not for others.  I suppose I can do the mail-in option, but it’s really pretty pathetic that they cannot seem to get their system to work consistently.

So he has a different login\password for each property, that's daft. My guesthouse has one login and password which makes more sense

Because it’s one guesthouse. Individual units each require their own user / pass.

41 minutes ago, Surasak said:

Just as a matter of interest, Why do you have to wait for a password? Surely a password is of your own making, unique to you? Or it this another way of control?

Because it’s Thailand. Any other online or app system in the would would either let you choose your user/pass immediately OR give you one.

This simple user/pass issue was handled well over 20 years ago.

It’s appalling they can’t build a site or app in 2019 that can’t do this.

Then there’s the issue of security. How and where are these passes stored? I’ll bet a large amount of money they are not encrypted and are setting open on a server somewhere. Not the end of the world, but incompetence doesn’t stop at the lack of features on the site and app.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dcnx said:

Because it’s Thailand. Any other online or app system in the would would either let you choose your user/pass immediately OR give you one.

This simple user/pass issue was handled well over 20 years ago.

It’s appalling they can’t build a site or app in 2019 that can’t do this.

Then there’s the issue of security. How and where are these passes stored? I’ll bet a large amount of money they are not encrypted and are setting open on a server somewhere. Not the end of the world, but incompetence doesn’t stop at the lack of features on the site and app.

The user/pass is issued after the local immigration office does a check on the user, the property etc. So they dont want an app or website that generates an instant password. When the password arrives its a single use password and you are prompted to create your own.

Its a pretty simple matter to visit the playstore via a website and download the APK from the playstore. Others have posted links to get the APK from the developer, so either way it wont have any more/less malware than the original.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 5:13 PM, Peterw42 said:

The online system works fine, 1,000s of hotels and people use it every hour of everyday. People may have trouble doing the registration and there is a wait for a password but once registered its the simple solution you are looking for. If you really have trouble with the online system there is always a mail in option.

as of today 51,000,000 have used the online system, 45,000 today.

image.png.1f0f96a50634104dea55717cabb1dd8e.png

One problem that wasn't addressed is how we are supposed to know if a tm30 was even made in our behalf by a hotel or other places we may stay. There is no guarantee that it was done by the landlord or owner and they sure as heck will not tell you until they are caught. There is no penalty for landlords or owners who refuse to do it from what I understand. They put the burden on the foreigner to take care of it by any means. The foreigner is penalised this way. 

5 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

An excellent point. I value my time quite highly and so it makes huge sense to avoid the trip to the IO unless there is anther season to go there.....I would spend about 500 baht in diesel to get there and back and it would take at least 3 1/2 hours of driving  plus the time at the office which if on a Monday or a Friday,  could be more than 2 hours.

So 5 1/2 hours and 500 baht vs a fine.....no contest. 

Until your next extension is refused and you have to leave the country.  I know that's not the case at the moment but I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is the final outcome 

• Like 2

On 8/16/2019 at 6:54 PM, Matzzon said:

The simple solution is of course to file TM30 as they tell you it has to be done. Instead of refusing and making things more difficult for the ones that wants to stay here and go by the rules.

First it was a massive amount of paople overstaying in Thailand. Then the big banning system went into effect, so people that happens to overstay 1 or 2 days have to worry if they get caught on the way to the airport. 

Second it was the abuse of expempt entries and tourist visas, for all that was trying to live almost permanent on them. That resulted in harscher demands and more denials of entry.

Now it´s the refusal to do and obey with the TM30. Wonder what´s going to be changed for the worse this time?

Seems to me like there lives a bunch of morons in Thailand on borrowed time, that never learns what the effect of their complaints and refusals to obey rules.

Good work everybody! Continue to make things worse, and openly protest as well as open a new thread regarding TM30 every 6 hours. You never learn.

Hmmm, I think you are already living with the totalitarian mind set. The way things appear to be going globally you will be among the happiest. Say hello to Winston Smith for me (protagonist in the novel “1984”).

• Like 2

One problem that wasn't addressed is how we are supposed to know if a tm30 was even made in our behalf by a hotel or other places we may stay. There is no guarantee that it was done by the landlord or owner and they sure as heck will not tell you until they are caught. There is no penalty for landlords or owners who refuse to do it from what I understand. They put the burden on the foreigner to take care of it by any means. The foreigner is penalised this way. 
My landlady takes a photo of the screen when she registers me and sends it to me on Line

5 hours ago, helloagain said:

We have a saying in the uk. Pay peanuts get monkeys

used to be a good saying yes, but these days you can pay well and still get monkeys as they have no morals.. or business skills...  churn and burn..

2 hours ago, Surasak said:

Just as a matter of interest, Why do you have to wait for a password? Surely a password is of your own making, unique to you? Or it this another way of control?

You have to wait till they send you both. 

I still don t know if the email address is my username, as the username and password will be sent email.

Anyone out there that knows if the user name is the email?

Near on 2 months waiting now from Bkk CW. 

5 minutes ago, bigginhill said:

You have to wait till they send you both. 

I still don t know if the email address is my username, as the username and password will be sent email.

Anyone out there that knows if the user name is the email?

Near on 2 months waiting now from Bkk CW. 

Is there a password reset?

Try it.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
On 8/16/2019 at 12:20 PM, Airalee said:

Perhaps because the guesthouse is one unity, with various rooms, whereas in a condominium an owner can buy more singular condos,( not as a guesthouse which is similar to a hotel,)  but each unit/condo rented out. And I would guess that that is the only option to register each separately . you can have separate owners for the condo units, but you cant have separate owners for the guesthouse rooms

1 hour ago, thesetat2013 said:

One problem that wasn't addressed is how we are supposed to know if a tm30 was even made in our behalf by a hotel or other places we may stay.

And what next?  Pay their taxes for them in case they didn't pay them on-time?  

Where does it end?

Like all Bureaucracy it's meant to confuse, frustrate, annoy, etc.... they do it cos they can, even when applied they know it'll have no bearing on catching criminals and terrorists but it sure looks good,looks tough and makes the ruling government look strong At the end of the day if visitors and long stayers want to be in Thailand then conformity comes to mind 

If anyone has sucessfully gotten a username and password perhaps they could share the username format in case it is a derivation of the email or of something else.

My guess, is that the system creates a username and password immediately.  You're at the mercy of government workers to give you the information.  It's a poorly designed application and poorly implemented. 

What a surprise.

Thailand, Land of optional thinking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please contact from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (day and office time)

** Requesting cooperation to download the new accommodation notification form due to improvements The date format in the file, please fill in the month / day / year, eg 08/20/2012 in the
case of hotels that have been registered from the old system. And can not log in. Please contact 092-354-0039 to reset the password without having to re-register. 
Inquiries. Tel. 092-354-0039