TM30 - How much is your time worth?

1 hour ago, wwest5829 said:

Hmmm, I think you are already living with the totalitarian mind set. The way things appear to be going globally you will be among the happiest. Say hello to Winston Smith for me (protagonist in the novel “1984”).

And what did that have to do with my post, that just explained that all that has been done against the rules just made them harder?

https://www.cdg.co.th/website/en/about-cdg/affiliates-of-cdg/cdg-systems-ltd/

Perhaps you should contact the CEO of CDG.  https://www.cdg.co.th/website/en/about-2/

Handsome man eh?  His company designed this mess.

https://www.cdg.co.th/website/en/solutions/application-services/administration-database-management-analytics-solutions/

Maybe if everyone contacted CDG to let them know what a wonderful app they created, you might see some movement.  

CDG Group

202 CDG House, Nanglinchi Road
Chong Nonsi, Yannawa, Bangkok 10120
Tel : +66 (0) 2678 0333
Fax : +66 (0) 2678 0321-3
URL : http://www.cdg.co.th
Email: [email protected] 

DOWNLOAD MAP

Edited by 4675636b596f75
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

https://www.cdg.co.th/website/en/about-cdg/affiliates-of-cdg/cdg-systems-ltd/

Perhaps you should contact the CEO of CDG.  https://www.cdg.co.th/website/en/about-2/

Handsome man eh?  His company designed this mess.

https://www.cdg.co.th/website/en/solutions/application-services/administration-database-management-analytics-solutions/

Maybe if everyone contacted CDG to let them know what a wonderful app they created, you might see some movement.  

Personally I think we should use whatsapp, that has the option of sending your location. 

Instead of imposing on friends, if staying at their place for blue books etc etc, it,s all in the hands of the expat. 

A single whatsapp to immigration with the location details, maybe even a photo of the room/condo/ house/ number. 

Soooo easy. 

Screenshot_20190817_152739.jpg

Or

Set the whatsapp with all the documents sent by photo. After which by location button. Also you would have the little blue ticks as a receipt. 

Edited by bigginhill
  • Haha 1

I really don’t get the problem here regarding the TM30.  We are foreigners here. These are their laws and they want to know where foreigners are, quite honestly I agree with Thai immigration it is not big deal. I am in and out of the Chiang Mai Immigration between 1-20 minutes at the most. Now possibility it is a bit more difficult in other Provinces, but in Chiang Mai it is no big deal. Rather than tell Immigration to get rid of it, may I suggest people share what is their specific issues Province by Province. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, BertM said:

If you're going to your own weekend condo and no one is filing a TM30 for your visit there, then you still have a good TM30 receipt from where you live during the week. IM at CW stapled my TM30 receipt in my passport and told me as long as I am not reported by someone else as staying there, then my TM30 receipt is good for all my 90-day reports as well as my next extension. So, make it easy on yourself and not report yourself 104 times.

Of coarse. But then I am not following the law and makes me feel bad. I want to comply fully.  

On 8/16/2019 at 5:13 PM, Peterw42 said:

The online system works fine, 1,000s of hotels and people use it every hour of everyday. People may have trouble doing the registration and there is a wait for a password but once registered its the simple solution you are looking for. If you really have trouble with the online system there is always a mail in option.

as of today 51,000,000 have used the online system, 45,000 today.

image.png.1f0f96a50634104dea55717cabb1dd8e.png

Find people like to complicate things and feel self important. Pathetic if they are retired, with all the time in the world.

46 minutes ago, Rob3016 said:

I really don’t get the problem here regarding the TM30.  We are foreigners here. These are their laws and they want to know where foreigners are, quite honestly I agree with Thai immigration it is not big deal. I am in and out of the Chiang Mai Immigration between 1-20 minutes at the most. Now possibility it is a bit more difficult in other Provinces, but in Chiang Mai it is no big deal. Rather than tell Immigration to get rid of it, may I suggest people share what is their specific issues Province by Province. 

You need to get a job.

I watched the FCCT video and listened to their explanations and promises. The sincerity was classic Thai. As was the logic. What I know is this - the TM30 requirement for those on long-term extensions and those with work permits will do absolutely nothing to increase national security, and it creates an enormous waste of time for filers and immigration officials.

So, what is the purpose? When one considers the millions of baht in fines mentioned previously, one has the answer. Ask yourself this - why does the individual extension filter get hit with the fine, when the guy using an agent has no issue whatsoever?

Who wants to bet that as soon as the volume of fines drops substantially, enforcement disappears?

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:13 PM, Peterw42 said:

mThe online system works fine, 1,000s of hotels and people use it every hour of everyday. People may have trouble doing the registration and there is a wait for a password but once registered its the simple solution you are looking for. If you really have trouble with the online system there is always a mail in option.

as of today 51,000,000 have used the online system, 45,000 today.

image.png.1f0f96a50634104dea55717cabb1dd8e.png

Correction. 51m viewers have visited the online system. that doesn't mean they were successful in their attempts, does it?

It just means those people have clicked onto the site, doesn't it?

11 hours ago, Rob3016 said:

Not everyone lives near an immigration office.

Some people work in Thailand and immigration is closed on weekend and they are expected to go to immigration on the Monday after traveling within Thailand on the weekend. 

If they just got the online system working well then it's all good I guess.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Correction. 51m viewers have visited the online system. that doesn't mean they were successful in their attempts, does it?

It just means those people have clicked onto the site, doesn't it?

The site comes up in Thai so the word viewers is the chrome translation, it may be users, logins etc, not a literal translation.

I dont know that its a site that people visit for the fun of it.

I totally agree with the OP ! How stupid are people to make a drama of nothing. This is Thailand, we cheat it by so many ways, so why not just continue ? I have never followed any stupid law and I will never !

Just check in in a hotel the day before you need to go to immigration and this is done !

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Myran said:

The problem being that you in many cases need to have filed a TM.30 if you want to make an extension. In those cases, paying the fine won't be enough.

Of course it varies from office to office.

so dont extend and cross a border every 3 months as smart people do ?

if they want to play a stupid games we should also play it !

• Thanks 1

My TM.30 receipt even has the wrong room number on it, 128 instead of 218. I don't know what impact this can have, but as I am leaving the country and coming back soon anyway, I have not bothered to go back yet. I don't know how the imm. officer can have 3 papers proving my address (ta bien baan, rental contract, and application form), and still do it wrong. Don't know yet if they registered it correct in the system, but wrote wrong on the paper.

3 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

so dont extend and cross a border every 3 months as smart people do ?

if they want to play a stupid games we should also play it !

Please read the text I'm replying to before writing a reply of your own. What you're writing has absolutely no bearing on what I wrote.

6 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

Just check in in a hotel the day before you need to go to immigration and this is done !

So, your suggestion is to waste money on a hotel for 1 night to get a false address to avoid paying an 800 THB fine at IM when you do your 90 day reports or when you do your extension... It doesn't make any sense to me, but hey... To each his own... have at it...

Edited by BertM

1 minute ago, BertM said:

So, your suggestion is to waste money on a hotel for 1 night to get a false address to avoid paying an 800 THB fine at IM when you do your 90 day reports or when you di your extension... It doesn't make any sense to me, but hey... To each his own... have at it...

The fine is not the problem, the problem is getting the set of documents and going to CW all day, each time. If the hotel reports you it's so much easier and cheaper. We should find some ultra cheap hotel that files TM30 and gives you a receipt, easiest way to comply with the law.

57 minutes ago, JohnnyBKK said:

The fine is not the problem, the problem is getting the set of documents and going to CW all day, each time. If the hotel reports you it's so much easier and cheaper. We should find some ultra cheap hotel that files TM30 and gives you a receipt, easiest way to comply with the law.

But, then you have a false address on all your documents you file with IM because you will have to use the hotel address. If you try to use your correct address on the IM docs, it won't match your recent hotel TM30. Like I said, it doesn't make any sense to me, but "to each his own". I did my TM30 recently with my 90 day report and it wasn't a problem at all.

Edited by BertM

4 minutes ago, BertM said:

But, then you have a false address on all your documents you file with IM because you will have to use the hotel address. If you try to use your correct address on the IM docs, it won't match your recent hotel TM30. Like I said, it doesn't make any sense to me, but "to each his own". I did my TM30 recently with my 90 day report and it wasn't a problem at all.

For those who have the set of documents and for those who want to spend a whole day at CW they can get a TM30, for the others, no other solution than plan B. It's not like we don't want to comply with the law, it's more like we can't.

• Haha 1

I have just done  my 1 Year Extension based on marriage in Pattaya with an agent. I have both sufficient work income, WP and a Bank Book with sufficient funds, but I prefer to use an agent instead of suffering long queues and indiscreet questioning. I received my One Year stamp, all good, never filed a TM 30 or 28 or 90 Day report ever (Traveling internationally 6-10 times a year and 2 or 3 times a month within Thailand) No issues. In case i have to pay a 800 Baht fine next Year, so be it. Couldn't care less.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

Thanks to over obedient people like you they dare to treat us like $hit ! Thank you so much !

I will never fill any stupid form that any idiot will tell me to fill in !

Did your TM 6 did you?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rastaputin said:

I have just done  my 1 Year Extension based on marriage in Pattaya with an agent. I have both sufficient work income, WP and a Bank Book with sufficient funds, but I prefer to use an agent instead of suffering long queues and indiscreet questioning. I received my One Year stamp, all good, never filed a TM 30 or 28 or 90 Day report ever (Traveling internationally 6-10 times a year and 2 or 3 times a month within Thailand) No issues. In case i have to pay a 800 Baht fine next Year, so be it. Couldn't care less.

Using an agent, did you still need to do photos, home visit etc. I have never been able to find an agent that does marrige extensions due to BKK being involved.

14 hours ago, JohnnyBKK said:

For those who have the set of documents and for those who want to spend a whole day at CW they can get a TM30, for the others, no other solution than plan B. It's not like we don't want to comply with the law, it's more like we can't.

Someone took care of my last 90 day report & TM30 at CW for me. I didn't have to go. I only go to CW once a year for my extension and that's enough for me. Jomtien was so much easier than BKK.

Edited by BertM