BANGKOK
jbob

Yet another TM30 nightmare story

Posted (edited)

Jomtien  accepted my old drivers license address for my residence certificate to renew my 5 years whiteout any problem May last , it is even marked as one option amoungst some others, on  their requirements slip they gave me before. 

20190816_174108 (1).jpg

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

What is your visastatus ?

If it is exempt/tourist. You should do new tm 30 when back in pattaya from visarun.

When making new if old tm30 receipt, frontdesk trainee can do it..

This is jomtien spesific practice and applies those who do not have longstay visa/extension.

Edited by thaitero

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, david555 said:

Jomtien  accepted my old drivers license address for my residence certificate to renew my 5 years whiteout any problem May last , it is even marked as one option amoungst some others, on  their requirements slip they gave me before. 

I brought the rental contract with me but before I even got that far they gave me a new TM30 form and a queue number for the TM30 room even though TM30 is not mentioned on that list 😒🔫

I'm on a 6-month multiple entry tourist visa and after 9 years in and out of thailand the intricacies (and enormous wait times) of TM30 are indeed nightmarish.

If I want to take my girlfriend to a full moon party in Koh Phangan or go to an embassy in Bangkok for a couple nights and don't make sure I get reported within 24 hours of return 👮‍♂️ upto 2,000b fine to 30-day extend or get residency certificate to buy motorbike, open bank account, renew drivers licence turning an expected 500b task into 2,500b (or 2,100b this time).

You might be lucky if you were organised and remembered to get it done with an agent for 300b or whatever the day you arrived and hope they skip the online lookup check because the hotel submitted a TM30 as required making your current piece of paper stapled in your passport technically invalid, but I was so used to sorting it out the same day of the 30-day extension this came as a shock for sure considering my address is still the same.

Edited by jbob
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Since you are on METV (same as me), and your last TM30 was 4 months ago, you have been out and in of Thailand since then. So, Jomtien were correct that your TM30 was no longer valid. It is a total pain. I switched to IDP's instead of Thai driving licence.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

He's the guy to ask if you want the difinitive answer. I asked him the same question and was told, "Not needed if you are on 12 month retirement or marriage extension".  That was 18 months ago, been out of country 3 times since then and out of province numerous times. Never filled a TM30 in. Did my 90 day report last week. TM30 not mentioned. No problem.

Ive lived at the same address 12 years ,been to the UK many times ,go to stay with relatives in BKK from time to time ,off to do my 90 day in a week ,never been asked for or done a tm 30 did not even know about it until i read about it a few weeks ago on here .

wonder what will happen next week

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Ive lived at the same address 12 years ,been to the UK many times ,go to stay with relatives in BKK from time to time ,off to do my 90 day in a week ,never been asked for or done a tm 30 did not even know about it until i read about it a few weeks ago on here .

wonder what will happen next week

I'm the same as you but live in Pattaya. Did my 90 day report last week, no problems. However, reports on here say that Bangkok and other IO are applying the rules more strictly. Will be interested to hear what happens to you. Please state which IO you report to. All the first hand reports on this thread and others are meaningless if the poster doesn't indicate which Io they had their experience at.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I'm the same as you but live in Pattaya. Did my 90 day report last week, no problems. However, reports on here say that Bangkok and other IO are applying the rules more strictly. Will be interested to hear what happens to you.

yes ime in Pattaya as well

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bert bloggs said:

yes ime in Pattaya as well

You probably did complete a TM30 or a TM28 when you first took up residence. Until now, that has been sufficient for Jomtien. Assuming that you are on a 12 month retirement extension or 12 month marriage extension.