Marriage Registration Advice Needed

BangkokClarets

I am marrying my partner and we're both British nationals. 

We've gone through all the steps that are online for getting married, affirmation, certified passport copy, translated and left them with the MOFA to be verified. We're due to collect them on Monday. 

It was my understanding from the bulk of the articles I'd see online that we then just had to go to the district office and register the marriage, it would be done the same day and we would receive our marriage certificates, they could provide witnesses, etc etc. I was hoping to finish the process on Monday or Tuesday, at the latest. 

Now I'm finding many people online who have said they have been made to wait months or weeks, which I don't currently have. I leave for Cambodia towards the end of next week and won't be returning for sometime. Our affirmations have been sworn for marriage in August.

Would anyone be able to confirm what the current rules are, share their recent experience, or recommend a district office that would be more flexible to the situation?

Thanks in advance. 

There seems to be no "rules" I posted elsewhere that my agent wouldn't bother with Banglamung because of long delays in getting paperwork verified by Bangkok, but someone else came on to say they were in and out same day. All I can say is I was in and out within the hour at Don Mueang Amphur. Suggest you phone around or enlist an agent

On 8/16/2019 at 5:45 PM, BangkokClarets said:

Would anyone be able to confirm what the current rules are

Rules are interpreted differently in each district. It may sound strange, but if you have problems in one district, just try another.

More central districts such as Bang Rak will be much more used to dealing with this situation. As always, a thank you to the officer in an envelope will almost always move things along nicely.

Archived