BANGKOK
YITB1980

Jomtien or Hua Hin

I'm presently in Northern Thailand and I'm thinking about moving south.  For those who have lived (or spent appreciable time) in both places, how would you compare the two?

In my view, the pros for Hua Hin are.... its clean, has good air quality most of the year, has a nice, walkable beach and is relatively quiet, safe, and peaceful.  The cons are that it is a bit more expensive, has fewer good restaurants and entertainment venues, and there is just not as much to do. Expats and Thais are friendly.  HH is also smaller and harder to blend in with the crowd.

The pros for Jomtien are......relatively livable but yet close to the action in Pattaya, a huge variety of restaurants and entertainment options, generally less expensive, many condos with ocean views, beautiful women everywhere, and closer to BKK.  The cons are that during high season, the air quality is almost as bad as it is in the North, it is not nearly as safe as HH, traffic is worse.  The beach is not as clean or walkable.

What am I missing in my analysis?  Thanks in advance!

On 8/16/2019 at 6:14 PM, Hans007 said:

who told you HH is more expensive?? Its not true. Prices are more or less the same. in Low saeson saw lots of rooms even as low as 350 bath!!!yes with aircon..!!!

Just in my experience.  In particular, food and drink is a bit more expensive in HH.  In recent months, the cost of condo rentals in Jomtien also appears to be coming down.  Not so much in HH.

• Like 2

tough one as both have their pros and cons, i did enjoy living in HH back in 2013, fun little town, id consider living there again, but might feel boring after a while since being used to having pattaya on your doorstep

• Like 2

That Star Trek feller lives in Hua Hin so if you don't keep moving he might slip you a crippler.

Jomtien is better for your virginity.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tagged said:

What is your civil status? Thats the Q!

I'm not in a relationship.

Jomtien has a disproportionate gay population.

Standing on the beach and looking at the sea the sunset will be very disappointing in Hua Hin. It will be behind you. Also in the middle of the city is a big temple. This is also used as a big crematorium. If you like the smoke and the ash of such ovens it is a great place to be. But on the positive side. Hua Hin is more quiet and not full of party and sex tourists. At least there are not so many. Hua Hin has more culture. 

• Like 1

The 2 are alike.
Hua Hin has better beaches, especially Chan Am
Jomtien is a bit cheaper and has Pattaya for some nights...

• Like 1