Anti-Brexit party reveals candidates for emergency UK government

snoop1130

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Had a few days in London last week,and I noticed very few native Brits around. With all the hotel receptionist, workers, shop keepers speaking with a European accent. This leads me to think, from where will all those who intend to demonstrate against the British people’s Democratic decision to leave the E.u. Come from.

Hotel receptionists, workers, shop keepers... Presumably all paying taxes. Ba$tards! Turf 'em out, Indians too, because nobody likes a curry. And watch the Chinese. A slippery lot.

Or is it just Europeans you have it in for?

4 hours ago, 7by7 said:

@JAG, I don't dispute the facts in your post, but

The voters did not vote for a no deal Brexit; Vote.Leave and other leave campaigns never mentioned that nor the consequences of same. Neither did we vote in two elections to leave with no deal.

Parliament has voted against a no deal Brexit.

So if Johnson insists on leaving without a deal, not only is he aiding and abetting the subterfuge of the various leave campaigns, not surprising as he was a part of that subterfuge; more importantly he is also ignoring the will of Parliament.

Yet again a Brexiteers is in favour of the will of Parliament, except when you disagree with it!

So what did the voters actually vote for:- 

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

All referendums in the UK are, by convention, advisory. But, the Prime Minister can, when calling one, make a referendum binding.

Brexiteers love to bang on and on about democracy, yet are afraid of giving us this final, democratic choice. Why? The answer's obvious.

Who cares whether or not the referendum was advisory. Since losing, Remainers have tried to wriggle out of Brexit without success for three years now. The important pieces of legislation passed after the referendum make any argument about advisory a moot question:

• European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Act 2017. They legislated to send the Article 50 letter.
  •  European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018. They legislated to repeal the previous EU Acts and fixed the Exit Day as 2 years later. 

Nothing else matters about the referendum after the two laws above were made.

Brexiteers are forced to bang on about the Remainers repeated attempts to usurp democracy. That's what is obvious about the whole situation. 

13 hours ago, JAG said:

A group within Parliament seeks to take control of the Government of The United Kingdom, for a specific purpose, preventing The UK from leaving the European Union.

In the referendum on leaving the UK, held in 2016, a simple majority, 51% to 48% responded to a simple binary question, and voted for the UK to leave the UK The turnout was 72%

In a general election held subsequently, in 2017, of 650 parliamentary seats in the UK parliament, 579 were won by two parties (Labour and Conservative) which both campaigned on a platform of honouring that referendum result, and leaving the EU. The Conservatives, as the largest party in Parliament, formed a government (supported by the Ulster Unionists). Turnout in this election was 68%, of whom 82% voted for candidates belonging to parties whose manifestos were to honour and elect that referendum result.

The resulting  government introduced an Act of Parliament which was passed (with a substantial) majority in parliament, and subsequently became law, whose purpose was to take the UK out of the EU.

In the EU elections this year, 43 out of 73 seats were won by parties which were committed to taking the UK out of the EU.

The electorate have, 3 times in four years, declared through the ballot box, using a referendum vote with a simple question and a simple majority, first past the post constituency elections and proportional representation elections their wish for the UK to leave the EU. The government has passed an Act of Parliament which states that the UK will leave, and has set an (amended) date of October the 31st. The government have categorically stated that they will not amend that date again. This group has no mandate for what they propose. If they succeed in deposing the government then a general election will follow. That election will almost certainly be held after October the 31st. It is not a case of a caretaker government taking a decision which it is not entitled to take - the decision was quite properly, legally and constitutionally taken over several years. The voters (three times) and the Parliament which they elected have said we will leave, so leave we should.

tldr;

1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

The one you Brexiteers don't want because you know that whilst all of the people can be fooled some of the time and some of the people can be fooled all of the time; it is impossible to fool all of the people all of the time.

Leaving on 31st October in the same way we were leaving on 29th March?

If that's what Remainers think about fooling people, why are you still trying to fool us with Project Fear, Advisory Referendum, Red Bus wailing and No Divorce Deal parliamentary shenanigans? You may have fooled yourselves and the more feeble minded, but not us Leavers, so you haven't fooled everybody. You didn't fool us before the referendum or after the referendum, so you haven't fooled us any of the time. Time for Remainers to give up trying to fool anybody.

When Robin Tillbrook's Administrative Court judicial review is finalised, we may find that Theresa May's Article 50 extension was null and void. We could be out before 31st October! Happy Days.
How do we get seven months worth of EU contribution recovered back into UK coffers?

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

If that's what Remainers think about fooling people, why are you still trying to fool us with Project Fear, Advisory Referendum, Red Bus wailing and No Divorce Deal parliamentary shenanigans? You may have fooled yourselves and the more feeble minded, but not us Leavers, so you haven't fooled everybody. You didn't fool us before the referendum or after the referendum, so you haven't fooled us any of the time. Time for Remainers to give up trying to fool anybody.

When Robin Tillbrook's Administrative Court judicial review is finalised, we may find that Theresa May's Article 50 extension was null and void. We could be out before 31st October! Happy Days.
How do we get seven months worth of EU contribution recovered back into UK coffers?

Never mind that nonsense I want my Baht back that you lot have been stealing from me over the last 3 years.

55 minutes ago, nontabury said:

So what did the voters actually vote for:- 

Shame he might get his country back to find himself replaced by a robot. He is working class he works for those with capital - robots are a lot cheaper ,  getting intelligent don't need holidays and are manipulated by their owners to bring about profitable outcomes. 'appen ...Brexit is a nonsensical distraction and cruel punishment for the working and middle classes of this country. Which if they have their way we will shortly find out. He seems to think he has won a Brexit Lottery and now someone want to deny his prize. Shame there is no prize - that bird flew about 20 years ago. 

Elite politicians - who does he think Johnson , JRM are if not elites. Here one of his new mates 

150923-bullingdon.jpg?itok=_9gUlzKG

15 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Never mind that nonsense I want my Baht back that you lot have been stealing from me over the last 3 years.

They are all gone. If you were unhappy with the rate then you should have left your pounds in the UK bank for the last three years. No good blaming Leavers for your actions. You were the one who decided to live in Baht, it's not the problem of 17.4 Million Leavers.

14 minutes ago, Loiner said:

They are all gone. If you were unhappy with the rate then you should have left your pounds in the UK bank for the last three years. No good blaming Leavers for your actions. You were the one who decided to live in Baht, it's not the problem of 17.4 Million Leavers.

I have a lot of both so don't worry about me - it's our poorer brethren who need them and you leavers have directly impacted the living standards of Uk expats in Thailand with your selfish actions. And you won't even say you're sorry. Look what else you lot have done.....

67921968_2211731568925544_7032565500416622592_n.jpg.3e5d68cc7889ac18253321279480f67e.jpg

20 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I have a lot of both so don't worry about me - it's our poorer brethren who need them and you leavers have directly impacted the living standards of Uk expats in Thailand with your selfish actions. And you won't even say you're sorry. Look what else you lot have done.....

Plenty of both - so why are you the one asking for your Baht back over three years? Leavers have done nothing to what a bunch of Remoaner retirees in Thailand have done to themselves. We didn't force you to go to Thailand. You can be sure that I have nothing to say sorry for and in the greater scheme of things, I just don't care.

As for being selfish???? The Brexit needs and wishes of 17.4 Million in the UK vs. some of those vociferous whinging Remoaners in Thailand. 55555

55 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Plenty of both - so why are you the one asking for your Baht back over three years? Leavers have done nothing to what a bunch of Remoaner retirees in Thailand have done to themselves. We didn't force you to go to Thailand. You can be sure that I have nothing to say sorry for and in the greater scheme of things, I just don't care.

As for being selfish???? The Brexit needs and wishes of 17.4 Million in the UK vs. some of those vociferous whinging Remoaners in Thailand. 55555

For the record I live near London/Kent border and live for 3 months in Thailand every year Dec-Feb. That said we want our Baht back we'll settle for 45 we're not greedy. 

On the 22nd June 2016 the spot inter-bank market saw:

Open: 1 GBP = 51.6002 THB

Close: 1 GBP = 51.7445 THB

Average: 1 GBP = 51.6823 THB

Lowest: 1 GBP = 51.6782 THB

Highest: 1 GBP = 51.6864 THB

So from the day before Brexit till today 37.55 Baht 

down 27% over 14 baht for every pound - well done you Leavers keep up the good work. Plus 50 was easy to calculate how much things cost - you've screwed that up as well. 

I don't do p4p anymore but as an example if "short time" was 1500 baht the price pre-Leave vote was £29 it i now £39.94.????

Image result for pound falling animated gif

6 hours ago, dunroaming said:

The will of the people in 2016 or the will of the people now?  I agree with you about parliament but it is only now that people can see the consequences of what Brexit actually means.

A general election appears to be the way forward so people can vote for the MP's who are on the same page as them today.

The consequences are no more than scare tactics of the anti Brexits. The same happens with every group opposed to a change and/or by those who want a change.

Seen the same thing happen for the last 30 years and getting more extreme every year but very rarely does the doom and gloom eventuate. 

There will be issued to be resolved but the problems will be nowhere are complex as suggested by those opposing the change.

On 8/16/2019 at 6:42 PM, snoop1130 said:

Brexit supporters say there may be short-term disruption from a no-deal exit but that the economy will eventually thrive if cut free from what they cast as a doomed experiment in integration that has led to Europe falling behind China and the United States.

BS

6 hours ago, evadgib said:

He tried quite hard for the first week but 'yer can't pick a pick-pockets' pocket!' ????

One has to admit it was a sporting attempt, he seems quite a "game" sort of chap.

Deflection shooting is a very particular skill, more often practised when one has a lot to grouse about...

3 hours ago, JAG said:

One has to admit it was a sporting attempt, he seems quite a "game" sort of chap.

Deflection shooting is a very particular skill, more often practised when one has a lot to grouse about...

Even if he'd turned up as a quail or snipe (smaller and much more difficult to detect) the 'ficker than us' brigade' would still have outed him ????

19 hours ago, dunroaming said:

The real question here is will Johnson do another U-turn and agree to scrap the leaving with no deal option?  It has always been Boris's dream to be PM no matter what and he doesn't give a fig about anything else.  So if he feels threatened by the uprising he may well just back down and we end up with a watered down Brexit after all.  He will then blame everyone else and the country will remain just as divided as it is now.

As for Corbyn as a "temporary" PM in order to get a general election launched?  My original response was (after I had stopped laughing) something about hell freezing over first.  But we are in unprecedented territory here and such is the importance of stopping Johnsons suicidal "no deal" scenario, anything is possible.  MUCH better to have Clark or Harman leading the pack but you need to have Labour on board and if they insist on Corbyn then they might get their way.

As I said, I think it is more likely that Johnson will fold over the no deal option, after all he said it was a million to one against happening.  And of course he is a snivelling coward when it comes to his principles.

The brainless inadequacy of Corbyn (Expensive private education and one A level), should, but won't necessarily stand in his way, even if he has finally been dragged screaming to accept the overwhelming view of party members, as expressed in conference and numerous polls.

If - as people say here - he has to initiate a no confidence vote, he has to get the support for that from at least a handful of disaffected Tories (Remember the 3 LP loons who won't support their own party). They might support a no confidence motion, but many (Including some Lib Dems, Change UK- or whatever they are called now- and others) would not support a Corbyn lead government. Obviously if there was a GE then it would automatically be time limited, but they may feel it is a bridge too far to trust Europhobe Corbyn (Who is still heavily influenced by McLusky, Milne, and Murphy), I certainly wouldn't. A Clarke Harman lead temporary "Government of national salvation"(That's what it would be in reality) makes more sense, so to my surprise I agree with Swinton.

The indecent haste with which the SNP have - apparently without attempting at negotiating- leapt into bed with Corbyn does beggar the question what, if anything, they were offered, and could Corbyn deliver it anyway. 

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:
  On 8/16/2019 at 6:42 PM, snoop1130 said:

Brexit supporters say there may be short-term disruption from a no-deal exit but that the economy will eventually thrive if cut free from what they cast as a doomed experiment in integration that has led to Europe falling behind China and the United States.

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

BS

It is probably worth noting that Brexiteers are in the latter phase of reality denial at this stage. No matter what all the experts say, business, science, economists, etc they are determined to believe that "There may be short-term disruption from a no-deal exit but that the economy will eventually thrive etc". Eventually -  I believe JRM suggested 20 years, or was it 50? Whatever it does seem like a long time to wait, too long for me, and too long for most Brexiteers as well.

However we have the Dunkirk spirit to maintain us.  Huzzah, huzzah!

Looks to me a lot more like the unfortunate bone headed military mindset that gave us The charge of the light brigade though. It is definitely "Pas la guerre" and charging headlong into certain defeat (Economic disaster in this case) is no longer even considered "Magnifique".

10 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

It is probably worth noting that Brexiteers are in the latter phase of reality denial at this stage. No matter what all the experts say, business, science, economists, etc they are determined to believe that "There may be short-term disruption from a no-deal exit but that the economy will eventually thrive etc". Eventually -  I believe JRM suggested 20 years, or was it 50? Whatever it does seem like a long time to wait, too long for me, and too long for most Brexiteers as well.

However we have the Dunkirk spirit to maintain us.  Huzzah, huzzah!

Looks to me a lot more like the unfortunate bone headed military mindset that gave us The charge of the light brigade though. It is definitely "Pas la guerre" and charging headlong into certain defeat (Economic disaster in this case) is no longer even considered "Magnifique".

The 'Dunkirk spirit'.

In Brexit terms is sitting in the bomb shelter knowing that about a 1/3rd of the people you are sheltering with voted for the bombs. 

(And tensions rising …...time pressured …)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/17/corbyn-labour-no-deal-brexit-mps-flirting-with-disaster

Sat 17 Aug 2019 21.20 BST

Jeremy Corbyn pleads with MPs: back me now before it’s too late

Britain stands on precipice, warns Labour leader, as 100 MPs tell Boris Johnson to recall parliament

Jeremy Corbyn has issued an urgent plea to MPs to unite to stop no-deal Brexit “before it’s too late”, amid cross-party demands for an immediate recall of parliament to deal with the crisis.

In a show of defiance, a group of more than 100 MPs representing every Westminster party except the DUP has signed a letter stating it is “unacceptable” for parliament to wait until next month to sit again, with the Brexit deadline looming.

Labour and Tory MPs plot ‘radical’ law to thwart no-deal Brexit

The call comes with more Tory MPs opposed to leaving without a deal making clear that they will not back Corbyn’s offer of heading a temporary government that is committed to delaying Brexit and calling an election. Corbyn told the Observer that MPs were flirting with disaster.

10 hours ago, Loiner said:

Tilbrook's case is gathering speed despite being blackballed by MSM. Thankfully there are sufficient 'non credible outlets' filling the gap. I have no idea whether he'll succeed but BJ could wrong foot everyone as early as this week as explained.

(Content not poster!)

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

The 'Dunkirk spirit'.

In Brexit terms is sitting in the bomb shelter knowing that about a 1/3rd of the people you are sheltering with voted for the bombs. 

Brexit will again take us away from bombs, you may recall we did "overcome" the "Dunkirk" bombs to prevail....Well didn't we...?

46 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The 'Dunkirk spirit'.

That's a good one-liner ????

(I didn't think you'd ever get the hang of it!

54 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The 'Dunkirk spirit'.

52% is not one-third.......... but maths was never a remainer strong point.

5 hours ago, JAG said:

..... and the glorious 12th was only a week ago.......................... fair game in my book.

Archived