Heart Bypass Surgery In Bangkok?

TomBell

Obviously no one wants to "cut corners" on a critical heart operation to try to save themselves some baht. But this is a situation where he will be able to raise a fixed amount of money. (Let's say, $20,000 USD.) Would he most likely get the same end result at Bumrungrad hospital, as he would at a hospital like Pattaya Bangkok? If the same procedure at Bumrungrad (with its five-star luxurious reputation) would cost $30,000, and it would cost $19,000 at Pattaya Bangkok, then what? This would be a question for someone who has undergone the procedure somewhere besides Bumrungrad. At any rate, all input is much appreciated.  
Bangkok Pattays is if anything more expensive than Bumrungrad.

Midrange (pricewise) pvt hospitals will still be around 600k. Even the nonprofits will be at least 500k.

Thailand will not be cheaper thsn having this done in the Philippines in fact given hotels airfare etc probably more.

India is by far best option pricewise.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Santisuk, Thanks for that. Yes, I have a 6 week old Angiogram and failed angioplasty from the states where the doc said "lets try meds" (Translation "you don't have insurance or cash, so no bypass for you") And all the tests, workups, etc I can pass along to the docs in Thailand

The 800K to 1.3M figure is a LOT scarier than I had been hearing though, Looks like ill have to crank the begging even higher amongst family & friends..
Just noticed this
Are you saying the doctor om US did not recommend surgery?

Who did then?

Do you have Medicare?

15 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Wow I felt it when they inflated the balloon before putting in the stent. Chest pain to the max.

huh? never heard of that - is that common? 

Mine was so painless that I would not know if they did or didn't put the stent in... 

34 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

huh? never heard of that - is that common? 

Mine was so painless that I would not know if they did or didn't put the stent in... 

He needed to some roto rootering with the balloon before he dropped in the old helicoil. So when the ballon got inflated the LAD was completely blocked and I got to feel what it feels like before you drop 30 seconds later.

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

He needed to some roto rootering with the balloon before he dropped in the old helicoil. So when the ballon got inflated the LAD was completely blocked and I got to feel what it feels like before you drop 30 seconds later.

well. that is a bit different. surely all millwall celebrates your return 

A web search shows 2019 price at Bangkok Heart Hospital (Bangkok Hospital).  The price in brackets was the 2011 cost.

Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (off-pump), only patients younger than 75 years without severe renal impairment eligible : 680,000-850,000 baht,(450,000 baht)

http://www.thaiwebsites.com/bumrungrad-prices.asp

17 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Just noticed this
Are you saying the doctor om US did not recommend surgery?

Who did then?

Do you have Medicare?

They did an angiogram / attempted angioplasty and found a 100% blockage (prior stent) and an 80% and 70% blockage. They recommended "meds and diet" as a result (But I got the DISTINCT impression that translated to "You need a bypass, but not without insurance, medicaid, or 100K in cash"

The doc I am seeing here in the Philippines is recommending the bypass also.

Archived