Retiring police officers to leave over 6,000 posts vacant

rooster59

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Well, it is a start...

Hmm... A question; if they did not fill the positions, would "Somchai on the street" even notice? It bears some consideration...

6000 Brown envelopes with 10,000 Baht in each,=60,000,000 to be shared amongst a few, to buy job in RTP.

plus 6000 retiring police sell guns etc. that they payed for ?????

Thai economy now on improve!!!!

8 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Maybe a few vacancies for the fairer sex to get a start, In this new acceptance of equal rights.

Golf sales or upgrading of equipment may just get a little stimulus.

That's all Thailand needs - the female liberation movement. Then it will really go bankrupt. With men staying at home and enrolling in a reputable masturbation school. To do some re- learning ????

10 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Just move some of the tens of thousands back from the "inactive post" department................ job sorted !

I always thought the Police is the ''Inactive Post'' Dept', as i never see them doing anything apart from TV appearances to 'reanact' something that even a Cub Scout could solve !

Judging by the performance of the Maj Gen at the Correspondent's Club meeting..........  granted, taking English skills into account, I give him props for doing it far better than I could have in Thai.

But jeez, the old boy lectured the crowd of independent thinking farangs as if they were his rank and file Thai sheep, who will nod and salute at whatever inane thing he says.  

One of his pitches was the TM30 was, in effect, a background check process WE (farangs) could use to verify the backgrounds of people we don't know but invite to spend the night at our house.  That's right.  He said we should collect the personal details of our overnight farang guests and report them to Immigration in advance to ensure they are "good guys", not "bad guys". 

You could tell he was wingin' it but he was being serious, and seemed to think he was scoring 10/10 with the audience because of their deadpan silence. 

Thailand would be better off with a few less of these kinds of old farts in uniform.  The country will, somehow, keep fumbling along day to day without them.

Funny how militarized the nation is. Military ranks in paramilitary civilian force. Thick with 'Generals'. The nation dresses in uniform on Monday. The legendary white uniforms with a confetti of decorations. You'd think the country would have outgrown it, become more sophisticated.

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Funny how militarized the nation is. Military ranks in paramilitary civilian force. Thick with 'Generals'. The nation dresses in uniform on Monday. The legendary white uniforms with a confetti of decorations. You'd think the country would have outgrown it, become more sophisticated.

I'm not sure about generals in law inforcement but they do have lieutenants captains and majors in the US

What are the 6,000 going to do with their new, and older, handguns when they retire?

Hush, hush, sold already?

To whom when so?

Nah, don't ask, not good for your health, 'lead poisoning' kills many asking wrong questions.

Got that one remark a few times, ...till some silly thing made me 'big mafia', ...and 'respected'.

TiT.

26 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You cannot write your words because they are not allowed on TV , you need to use stars to replace letters, I dont .

TV - Which TV? I am being discreet - using man's code. Of which you are most definitely not. Don't reply. I'm finished with this thread madam. I'm now in Zzzzzzz mode.

Archived