BANGKOK
rooster59

American man, Thai woman injured after gas explosion in Bangkok condo

American man, Thai woman injured after gas explosion in Bangkok condo

gas.JPG

Image: Thai Rath

An American man and a Thai woman were injured following a gas explosion at a condominium in the Makkasan area of Bangkok on Friday.

Thairath alleged the 59 year old American man had not closed the valve on the gas canister after using it on Friday morning.

The man later left the condo and returned in the afternoon. When he went to use his stove there was an explosion, police said.

The man was injured and began feeling pains in his chest. He was rushed to hospital.

A woman who lives opposite the 6 storey condominium told Thairath that she was sweeping the road outside her house when she heard a loud bang. 

Broken glass then came falling from the condominium above, resulting in injuries to her back. She was taken to hospital and required 11 stitches.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-17
  • Haha 1

oh dear ….   bet he'll shut the gas off properly next time   !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

oh dear ….   bet he'll shut the gas off properly next time   !

If it's not an early case of Alzheimer's. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

... a thai now patents new concept of cheaper than US sourced short range Phalanx technology

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, topt said:

How many people here who have gas canisters connected to a hob close the valve on the canister after using? I never have done in the last 5 years........

Ditto, even when we had a condo (bottled gas allowed) we never turned off the bottle.

A dozen years down the line we've never had a leak (famous last words of course), our gas stoves all have flame-fail cut off.

My wife and maid cut the gas at the canister every time they finish. I never touch them. I learned to use the microwave. 🙂  But apparently the wife and maid have good cause to turn them off.

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

In most condo blocks, gas canisters are not allowed, in order to avoid..........................................gas explosions !

Correct, including mine.

1 hour ago, JulesMad said:

Would the result have been any different if the guy was NOT american? How is that fact relevant to the incident?

Just background knowledge to bulk out the story.

6 hours ago, topt said:

How many people here who have gas canisters connected to a hob close the valve on the canister after using? I never have done in the last 5 years........

Close every single time. 

• Like 2