U.S. warrant issued for seizure of Iranian oil tanker in Gibraltar

rooster59

15 hours ago, Mick501 said:

Th US is easily the least oppressive and least expansionist superpower in history.

They get plenty wrong because acting in the best interests of their own people means they have to make tough decisions where it is inevitable other people's noses will be out of joint.  But they are a whole lot more committed to individual rights and freedoms than any of the countries with whom they butt heads.

OIC

2 hours ago, alfalfa19 said:

OIC

What the hell is OlC??????? .............that is a lazy reply........  "out of luck Charlie"   

Maybe ?????

How does that fit as a reply...  If you have time to reply...... Take time to say what we can understand.....

46 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

What the hell is OlC??????? .............that is a lazy reply........  "out of luck Charlie"   

Maybe ?????

How does that fit as a reply...  If you have time to reply...... Take time to say what we can understand.....

if you don't get it, just move on to the next post.  it's very very simple.  however, to "spell it out" for you, it is abbreviation for:   "Oh, I See"   meant to express extreme skepticism or sarcasm, sometimes in response to a completely ridiculous statement.    it's a way for me to express myself without getting into a pissing contest on the internet with pinheads.   is that good enough for you?  

17 hours ago, Mick501 said:

Th US is easily the least oppressive and least expansionist superpower in history.

They get plenty wrong because acting in the best interests of their own people means they have to make tough decisions where it is inevitable other people's noses will be out of joint.  But they are a whole lot more committed to individual rights and freedoms than any of the countries with whom they butt heads.

Thai forum has a lot of USA bashers..... A lot of envious souls it seems.... I am 'AMERICAN' and proud to be so........... I have visited 89 'other countries' in my 79 years (quite likely yours) and let me tell you that out of 89 countries I didn't find 'ONE' other country I would choose..... and give up my US citizenship for....... Even with this 'jerk' we have for a president now (and I doubt for another 4 years) .......

Those of us who live here have benefits better than most countries, at least if you work and look after yourself....... We have some 'American free-loaders', granted.... but for people who 'aren't lazy'...... There is more 'opportunity HERE than most places......

As far as IRAN......... And North Korea...... let me paint a picture for those who can't understand America.......  Let's say that America (UK, Germany, Holland, Switzerland, Australia, et all, included)  is a person and there is this 'mosquito' that keeps 'buzzing' around you and YOU know that the mosquito wants your blood.......WE here in the USA and most other countries may use a bit of time trying to chase the mosquito away without killing it..... But if it persists and we think it is about to 'sting' us........ WE will swat and kill that pesky mosquito.......

As an American I can look at Iran and North Korea as that small mosquito who is showing every sign of wanting our blood.....

Is the picture I just painted clear enough....... I am American (and we are not perfect -- ARE YOU????).... You are 'British' , German, Aussie, ETC....... I don't try to nail you to the 'cross'...... Why then are you always trying to nail US to the cross?????????????? 

Have you from other countries never heard the saying..... 'LIVE AND LET LIVE' ????

When the USA is trying to scare away the mosquito called Iran and wants to 'grab' that ship.... It may just be a way to 'NOT KILL' the 'small mosquito' ..........

1 hour ago, alfalfa19 said:

if you don't get it, just move on to the next post.  it's very very simple.  however, to "spell it out" for you, it is abbreviation for:   "Oh, I See"   meant to express extreme skepticism or sarcasm, sometimes in response to a completely ridiculous statement.    it's a way for me to express myself without getting into a pissing contest on the internet with pinheads.   is that good enough for you?  

I would never have guessed that OlS meant 'OH, I see"......... thank for taking a bit more time to 'say what you mean' rather than the lazy way to abreviate and 'think we understand'......

And WHO are you calling a PINHEAD???????????? I rather think it fits you best....... OlS?????

Are we still talking about the USA wanting to grab that Iranian Ship?????

edited to correct spelling......

33 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

I would never have guessed that OlS meant 'OH, I see"......... thank for taking a bit more time to 'say what you mean' rather than the lazy way to abreviate and 'think we understand'......

And WHO are you calling a PINHEAD???????????? I rather think it fits you best....... OlS?????

Are we still talking about the USA wanting to grab that Iranian Ship?????

edited to correct spelling......

I rest my case. 

54 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

Thai forum has a lot of USA bashers..... A lot of envious souls it seems.... I am 'AMERICAN' and proud to be so........... I have visited 89 'other countries' in my 79 years (quite likely yours) and let me tell you that out of 89 countries I didn't find 'ONE' other country I would choose..... and give up my US citizenship for....... Even with this 'jerk' we have for a president now (and I doubt for another 4 years) .......

Those of us who live here have benefits better than most countries, at least if you work and look after yourself....... We have some 'American free-loaders', granted.... but for people who 'aren't lazy'...... There is more 'opportunity HERE than most places......

As far as IRAN......... And North Korea...... let me paint a picture for those who can't understand America.......  Let's say that America (UK, Germany, Holland, Switzerland, Australia, et all, included)  is a person and there is this 'mosquito' that keeps 'buzzing' around you and YOU know that the mosquito wants your blood.......WE here in the USA and most other countries may use a bit of time trying to chase the mosquito away without killing it..... But if it persists and we think it is about to 'sting' us........ WE will swat and kill that pesky mosquito.......

As an American I can look at Iran and North Korea as that small mosquito who is showing every sign of wanting our blood.....

Is the picture I just painted clear enough....... I am American (and we are not perfect -- ARE YOU????).... You are 'British' , German, Aussie, ETC....... I don't try to nail you to the 'cross'...... Why then are you always trying to nail US to the cross?????????????? 

Have you from other countries never heard the saying..... 'LIVE AND LET LIVE' ????

When the USA is trying to scare away the mosquito called Iran and wants to 'grab' that ship.... It may just be a way to 'NOT KILL' the 'small mosquito' ..........

Yep. We is what we is. We stopped that whole "more perfect union" thang decades ago. No need for self reflection.

On 8/17/2019 at 6:41 AM, stevenl said:

Before Trump, yes.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. You’re funny. The Iranian Extremist Islamic state dictators love you. 

Thanks for making me laugh today.

555555 ????????

13 hours ago, stevenl said:

Gibraltar has just rejected the US warrant, she is free to sail.

Now we’ll see if she indeed sails to Syria as the British, E.U., and the U.S. suspected. 

If she does...then the Iranian mullah Islamic supporters and leftist Trump haters maybe will apologize. But I’m not going to hold my breath. 

On 8/17/2019 at 10:38 AM, tgw said:

I wonder how a US court can pretend to have jurisdiction there and issue court orders ???

And after they will blah blah in all media about "legality" and saying what others do is "illegal" even when it's not their jurisdiction.

Simple....international laws and agreements get broken by a party..then there are penalties to be paid. 

Prove it is not their jurisdiction. 

You don’t like another country putting their foot down with you? Then don’t sign legal agreements with them and then break the agreements. 

Just now, Catoni said:

Simple....international laws and agreements get broken by a party..then there are penalties to be paid. 

Prove it is not their jurisdiction. 

You don’t like another country putting their foot down with you? Then don’t sign legal agreements with them and then break the agreements. 

What legal agreement did Iran sign with the US that it is now violating?

Archived