Non Immigrant O (90 day) application at RTE Penang

I would appreciate information from anyone who has obtained a Non Immigrant O visa (90 days) from the Royal Thai Embassy Penang.

My marital status is that I am married to a Thai Lady

I visited my local Immigration office this week to check out how they are applying 'leniency' with the 65K route if all deposits were Not FTT. 

Transferwise sent my July deposit to Kasikorn Bank who then sent it on to Bangkok Bank, so it is shown as SMT.   Try as I may to get either Kasikorn or Bangkok to rectify this, I have come up against a 'brickwall'. I spoke to both banks in Thai and was told it was 'impossible to do albeit Transferwise provided me with the necessary reference number.  Hey Ho!

So I now have two options.   The first is to use the 400K route but given the current exchange rates, am reluctant.  .

The second option is to start again and get a new Non Immigrant O visa and then convert to Retirement extension based on marriage.   I am considering going to Penang Embassy to obtain the visa but am unsure from reading many threads just what is required and how long I would need to stay in Penang.

So anyone who has recently used Penang I would be most grateful to hear from you.

Edited by neverceasetobeamazed
Grammatical errors

To apply at the Thai consulate in Penang for a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage you would need to show 200k baht in the bank or proof of income.

For retirement it would require 800k baht in the bank with proof of retirement or proof of 65k baht income .

Edit: If you start all over again by getting a new non-o visa entry you only need to show a couple of months of transfers from abroad. If you can get the the coding for your transfesr sorted out what would be the best option.

22 minutes ago, neverceasetobeamazed said:

If I apply for Non O its 200k in the bank or 65K per month for a couple of months

The 200k baht is for the non-o visa based upon marriage.

The 65lk baht income would be for a extension based upon retirement at immigration.

22 minutes ago, neverceasetobeamazed said:

I can apply for Retirement?

That was info to apply for a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over for retirement. Then you could apply for the one year extension at immigration.

22 hours ago, neverceasetobeamazed said:

I forgot to add that there is no 'leniency' according to the IO I spoke to.

This is important to note. It doesn't matter if you bring well over 65k baht into the country in a year, if there are any discrepancies you're out. And yet, probably in the same office there is someone who can waive all the requirements (for a fee?). Time will tell as to how rigidly the requirements are enforced over the year but it's not looking good. I hope the appropriate embassies are watching.

8 minutes ago, sniggie said:

I hope the appropriate embassies are watching.

I think many of the embassies (including my own) will be cheering immigration on in removing as many of their nationals as possible from Thailand. Every long term stayer is a person potentially needing consular assistance in the future (work for them). This is especially the case where there are suspicions about your financial security. It is a myth that embassies primarily exist to assist their nationals when they visit Thailand. They will tend to provide minimal assistance, under protest, when there is no other option, but their main function is to promote trade ties.