Please Look At My Water Filter.

NCC1701A

• 5 months later...

If that filter is a charcoal one it may get stained by the charcoal when you first start running water through it no matter what.  Usually when you first put in new filters you let the water run for awhile until the charcoal fines stop coming out.

Thank you NCC for opening this thread ...

When we see all this we sometimes regret having left our native country; :giggle:

Forteen years ago , I lived in the 20 * district of Paris in France (there are 7 cities in the world which have the same name) and I always drank tap water, city water, without ever having had the slightest health problem.

In the village where I live in Isaan, there is no longer a municipal water circuit; once again for lack of maintenance;:wacko:
So we dug a well that will collect water 27 meters deep;
This water feeds through an electric motor a tank which is 4 meters high in order to have water even in the event of a power failure (power cut 3 to 4 times per week); no filter but it will come because washing the laundry and the dishes with dirty water ... it still seems to me not really the right solution.
There is little brown deposit at the bottom of the tank but there is still so it should be filtered before being used.

The water we drink comes from the tiny treatment plant installed in the village a few years ago;
I really hope that the pouya ban does well for the maintenance by the installer ...
In any case, the water seems potable to me, we have never been sick because of it.

I have often seen this system , show by member (s) on this thread,  installed in houses in Thailand;
remains to be seen if the occupants regularly change the filters which seem to me to be expensive to use.

Everything is complicated here compared to what we knew in our countries before coming to live there definitively.
We do with ... and we change our habits;
Thai people do not change anything even when they are told that what they are doing is not good and should be done differently.
why change what our fathers and their fathers did before them?

There are still exceptions, especially in families where a father or a brother has gone to work overseas and has therefore seen how it happens in Japan or Taiwan or Israel ....