Medication for fever

Black arab

This last week i have had a fever last sunday to tues ,my temperature dropped and since ive been feelung totally wiped out . I went to my local hospital and the Dr prescibed the following

Amitriptyline: for mental illness

Omeprazole gpo: for gastric ulcer/reflux

Tolperisone hydrochloride: muscle relaxant.

I do not have mental illness or gastric ulcers,my question is this normal medication for someone recovering from a fever ,is it safe to take.

Heres hoping maybe sheryl or someone with more knowledge than myself can advise.

Was put on Amitriptyline once for for RSO/OOS pain and I felt terrible, lost track of events, confusion and really was not "with it". 

I wasn't told to avoid alcohol, but dangerous side effects or death can occur when alcohol is combined with amitriptyline.

This medication may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert.

A Dr at a govt hospital, none of the medication makes sense to me.

A mistake i think with the wrong patient, go back and check.

It highlights an issue where the doctor doesn't always discuss the medication with you prior to getting the prescription, they can be secretive in case you buy cheaper elsewhere

Makes no sense. To su h a degree that either there was a major miscommunication or a mixup at the pharmacy counter.

Could well have been dengue and if so it leaves you wiped out for a long time. Also often causes depression.

Nothing to be done in the recovery phase, just rest and take it easy and know that it will eventuly pass. If the fever recurs if course then go back to the hospital and insist on a blood count.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

12 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Makes no sense. To su h a degree that either there was a major miscommunication or a mixup at the pharmacy counter.

Could well have been dengue and if so it leaves you wiped out for a long time. Also often causes depression.

Nothing to be done in the recovery phase, just rest and take it easy and know that it will eventuly pass. If the fever recurs if course then go back to the hospital and insist on a blood count.

Sheryl

Could the Amitriptyline been prescribed because of the chance of depression then.

12 minutes ago, Black arab said:

Thanks for the replies, been sleeping most of the time .

Pharmacy mix up possible but i cant see how the dr confused me with someone else it was late afternoon and very quiet.

Because it's a Thai doctor?  I wouldn't trust most of them as far as I could throw them. I trust my local pharmacist (UK trained) and use her if I think that I need to. She is a minimalist and only gives me what is absolutely necessary, which is often no more than sympathy. 

Sheryl

Could the Amitriptyline been prescribed because of the chance of depression then.

That is not usual practice. Certainly would not be done in someone not currently depressed and even when the depression is current, for post dengue depression simple reassurance that it is normal and will pass is the standard of care.

This combo of meds looks more like treatment for someone with fibromylagia and either gastritis or GERD.

Either significant miscommunication with the doctor or a medication mix up with another patient. That could occur at the oharmacy.

How good was the doctor's English?

17 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

That is not usual practice. Certainly would not be done in someone not currently depressed and even when the depression is current, for post dengue depression simple reassurance that it is normal and will pass is the standard of care.

This combo of meds looks more like treatment for someone with fibromylagia and either gastritis or GERD.

Either significant miscommunication with the doctor or a medication mix up with another patient. That could occur at the oharmacy.

I can only imagine that the doctor pretended to understand the OP, but didn't. The'd lose face. 

10 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Her english was'nt that good,i have not taken the meds, just some paracetamol.

Thank you for taking time to respond.

Archived