How can I extend my 2 month tourist visa???

If you have a regular single entry tourist visa you will get a 60 day permission to stay (stamp).

You can apply at the local immigration office to extend this stay by 30 days.

ubonjoe will come to the thread with more details.

• Like 1

you can apply at any immigration office, while providing a valid reason for the extension. 

they will consider your application and if approved you will pay and get the notation in the passport done in front of you. 

Edited by at15
  • Sad 2

Your initial entry is for 60 days (59 nights). If you are from most countries, you can get an almost automatic 30-day extension at a local immigration office on payment of 1,900 baht. A few nationalities (typically from African countries) cannot get the 30-day extension of tourist entries. There can be other bases under which you can apply to have your permission to stay extended. Many countries' nationals can also do a quick in/out at a land border for a fresh tourist entry of 30 days (visa exempt) or 15 days (visa on arrival).

What is your nationality? Do you have Thai family members?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

Your initial entry is for 60 days (59 nights). If you are from most countries, you can get an almost automatic 30-day extension at a local immigration office on payment of 1,900 baht. A few nationalities (typically from African countries) cannot get the 30-day extension of tourist entries. There can be other bases under which you can apply to have your permission to stay extended. Many countries' nationals can also do a quick in/out at a land border for a fresh tourist entry of 30 days (visa exempt) or 15 days (visa on arrival).

What is your nationality? Do you have Thai family members?

nooooo

I am Taiwanese

automatic???? Really??? As long as I pay?

4 hours ago, Lemonlime said:

automatic???? Really??? As long as I pay?

Of course you have to apply, fill a form, provide photo and pay.

Chances that such an extension is denied are minimal.

Assuming that you are a genuine tourist, don't have a history of problems with entering Thailand, overstays etc.

6 hours ago, at15 said:

you can apply at any immigration office, while providing a valid reason for the extension. 

they will consider your application and if approved you will pay and get the notation in the passport done in front of you. 

He has to pay before doing the application and it could still be denied and there would be no redund

3 hours ago, kralledr said:

He has to pay before doing the application and it could still be denied and there would be no redund

Payment is due only if the application is approved, ie if the extension of stay is granted.

22 hours ago, at15 said:

You are a bit over the top with your answer here. You just pay and get

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

????????????

To take the OP a further step, would a 60 day Tourist Visa, extended 30 days, be feasible twice a year?

How about a 30 day visa exemption thrown in the mix as well?

Ostensibly to spend 6 months-ish a year here.

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2019 at 1:36 PM, KhunBENQ said:

If you have a regular single entry tourist visa you will get a 60 day permission to stay (stamp).

You can apply at the local immigration office to extend this stay by 30 days.

ubonjoe will come to the thread with more details.

As KhunBenQ said, you can get the 30 day extension at immigration office. In my own personal experience it was not a difficult thing to do and at Khon Kaen immgration office. When i got my extension sorted I did it within the first week of entering Thailand. I then knew that the next 11 weeks were sorted and I didn't spend rest of trip wondering whether or not the extension would be granted. By the way, the cost was 1900 thb, payable and receipted at immigration office.

• Thanks 2

Sometimes I wonder why many people post a comment or question that has been asked and/or answered so many times.  it is as if the poster cannot or will not take a few minutes to look through previous postings and comments.  I know a few, like this poster are located in another country but if they can make an inquiry then surely they can review previous material and find the answers without asking others for help when they do not really need it.

'nuf sed.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 1:49 PM, at15 said:

they will extend no problem... Stop scaring people off

On 8/16/2019 at 11:49 PM, at15 said:

Done in front of me? Like a DQ ice cream cone? Please film when this happens for you and share it. Thanks!

45 minutes ago, rott said:

I thought people on tourist visas were not required to show TM30.

Or does it depend on the office?

It depends on the office. Indeed, everything about TM30 notifications is heavily office dependant.

11 minutes ago, SoonOh said:

In order to get 30 days extension, Chiang Mai office extorted 1600 baht for missing TM30 receipt. 

That's unfair. The extortion fee at CW seems to 800baht. However they have lot more people to fine. Geez 1600 a pop is a good little earner.