Aquarium(Central Festival)

Badrabbit

On 8/17/2019 at 2:57 PM, bearpolar said:

It's probably as boring as the one in siam paragon. 50b or 2000b still better to spend it at the other aquarium that ends on a nice litle beach with a turtle farm.

the one in siam paragon is actually quite nice. at least for the thai price. the small one in panwa is extremely boring, although for 50 baht it doesn't really compare.
btw the turtles and beach are free as is the fish nursery

8 hours ago, thaibutty said:

the one in siam paragon is actually quite nice. at least for the thai price. the small one in panwa is extremely boring, although for 50 baht it doesn't really compare.
btw the turtles and beach are free as is the fish nursery

Same, I don't mind the one at paragon, not to expensive with a Thai license and lots to see.

5 hours ago, bearpolar said:

The price in the OP are for farangs as well on launch.

yes, just bought tickets for the family. Today is the last day of the sale and can be used until end of the month. Includes entries for both the Aquarium and Trickeye Museum. Not a bad deal and a good opportunity to take the kids without spending too much

On 8/22/2019 at 2:07 PM, thaibutty said:

yes, just bought tickets for the family. Today is the last day of the sale and can be used until end of the month. Includes entries for both the Aquarium and Trickeye Museum. Not a bad deal and a good opportunity to take the kids without spending too much

I bought the same tickets, however the trickeye was not included

well there it is, the facebook pictures are online.

After browsing through way too many picture of ugly narcissistic mid 30-40 yo women  that try to take over every picture of the aquarium, i saw enough to know its definitely not worth more than 300b.

It's way more expensive than way nicer places i've been to back home and Thailand.

On 8/26/2019 at 2:48 PM, bearpolar said:

well there it is, the facebook pictures are online.

After browsing through way too many picture of ugly narcissistic mid 30-40 yo women  that try to take over every picture of the aquarium, i saw enough to know its definitely not worth more than 300b.

It's way more expensive than way nicer places i've been to back home and Thailand.

I`ve been yesterday. Used the opening promotional deal to take the family. 490 baht including the trickeye museum, which is different to the one in Phuket town and uses an app to animate the wall paitings. 

Have to say the aquarium was alright, but I was rather underwhelmed overall. The thing is advertised as the biggest in Thailand. But having been to Sealife in Bangkok I would say it`s quite a bit smaller. Maybe not in overall area but in terms of exhibition size. There are 2 pools that are quite nice to look at, a big one with the wreck of a submarine, but nothing that really wowed me. 

Been in and out in 45m and that was already stretching the time. 

The trickeye museum is a nice add-on for a few more minutes if the admission is included.

Overall I am glad i got to see if for the discounted price as it`s not worth more than the 490 Baht I paid and certainly not 1290 Baht or whatever the farang price will be at. 

1 hour ago, thaibutty said:

I`ve been yesterday. Used the opening promotional deal to take the family. 490 baht including the trickeye museum, which is different to the one in Phuket town and uses an app to animate the wall paitings. 

Have to say the aquarium was alright, but I was rather underwhelmed overall. The thing is advertised as the biggest in Thailand. But having been to Sealife in Bangkok I would say it`s quite a bit smaller. Maybe not in overall area but in terms of exhibition size. There are 2 pools that are quite nice to look at, a big one with the wreck of a submarine, but nothing that really wowed me. 

Been in and out in 45m and that was already stretching the time. 

The trickeye museum is a nice add-on for a few more minutes if the admission is included.

Overall I am glad i got to see if for the discounted price as it`s not worth more than the 490 Baht I paid and certainly not 1290 Baht or whatever the farang price will be at. 

Yep, cant go wrong really for 490 baht, definitely wouldn't be that cheap in Australia.

2 hours ago, beechbum said:

Yep, cant go wrong really for 490 baht, definitely wouldn't be that cheap in Australia.

http://espacepourlavie.ca/en/rates/botanical-garden-insectarium

100x better + you get land animals + tropical forest visitation + insectarium. 

500b and cheaper for locals(damn these canadians and their double pricing.. RACISTS!!!)

really cant justify paying 500b to see 2 fish tanks.

On 8/30/2019 at 7:36 PM, bearpolar said:

http://espacepourlavie.ca/en/rates/botanical-garden-insectarium

100x better + you get land animals + tropical forest visitation + insectarium. 

500b and cheaper for locals(damn these canadians and their double pricing.. RACISTS!!!)

really cant justify paying 500b to see 2 fish tanks.

Are you really comparing an attraction in Canada to one in Thailand? totally irrelevant 

29 minutes ago, eezergood said:

Are you really comparing an attraction in Canada to one in Thailand? totally irrelevant 

So its ok to buy a samsung s10 for 200,000b in thailand if it cost 30,000 in canada?

It's called assessing the worth of something. Giving money to a blatantly overcharged place is not only bad for yourself, it encourages companies to keep building trash exhibits at crazy prices. 

2 hours ago, eezergood said:

Don't waste your breath, the guy considers US$16 for an adult and US$ 9.50 for a child WAY to expensive.

4 hours ago, eezergood said:

so it seems mate, there still seems to be a mentality that in Asia "everything should be cheaper" 

ah yeah, let's try to make ourselves feel better about our lives by imagining that paying more in Asia for a worse experience than in first world country is something that should be happening.

1 hour ago, bearpolar said:

ah yeah, let's try to make ourselves feel better about our lives by imagining that paying more in Asia for a worse experience than in first world country is something that should be happening.

Have you been to the new aquarium?

14 hours ago, bearpolar said:

That so called "first world" experience isn't here! we are! therefore it is irrelevant. Two tier pricing is a separate issue. 

12 hours ago, beechbum said:

rHave you been to the new aquarium?

That is the real question! 

I've been and was pretty under-whelmed by the experience for a number of reasons, HOWEVER, the kids loved it so for the money I spent for that period and that attraction I felt ok with my ROI. Not sure I would return, certainly not at "full price" but as a rainy day activity for my son with a deal style price then I may. 

Archived