Thai to English translation

TBWG

Hi

Whilst browsing the internet I frequently use the translation facility. Mostly get a nonsensical translation but can usually get the drift of the message.

However 1 word frequently comes up that makes no sense in any of the translations. That word is "Cuddle". Anyone else come across this and have any idea what it is supposed to mean.

Thanks 

TBWG

1 hour ago, tgeezer said:

Fascinating, never come across it but would also like to know so give an example. If กก กอด doesn’t appear in the Thai then the translation is unlikely to have cuddle. 

Hi tgeezer . 

A few examples here .... none of which seem to make any sense!

Example ~~~

วันนี้แอดพามาชมร้านขายของเล่นมือ2 ญี่ปุ่น ทางออกไปธวัชดินแดง เลยอ่างธวัชชัยไปหน่อยหนึ่งอยู่ซ้ายมือ รั้วเตี้ยๆสีดำ อาคารจะอยู่หลังที่เข้าไปไกลนิดหนึ่ง แนะนำไปตอนฝนไม่ตกนะครับ แอดไปขี้โคลนเต็มรถเลย555
ปล. คาร์ซีท น่าสนใจ ทุกวันนี้มีแต่อุ้มเด็กวางตัก เกิดอุบัติเหตุมา เด็กกระเด็นตกนอกรถ ถูกแพงก็หามาใช้กันครับ

Today, add me to see the selling shop. Hand-Playing 2 Japan. The exit is going to cuddle pm. It's so red. Cuddle,. One is left. The fence is short and black. The building will be behind a little bit. Recommended to the episode. It's not raining. Let's add the mud to the whole car. Haha.
PS. Carl is interesting. These days, there is only a I. There is an accident. The kid is falling out of the car. If you are expensive, let's find it.

Example ~~~

#สุดช็อกใจ "มาเรียม" พะยูนน้อย จากทุกคนไปอย่างสงบแล้ว

วันที่ ๑๗ สิงหาคม ๒๕๖๒ กรมทรัพยากรทางทะเลและชายฝั่ง ขอแจ้งข่าวร้ายว่า น้องมาเรียม ได้จากพวกเราไปแล้ว ทีมแพทย์พบว่าน้องมาเรียม หยุดหายใจ และไม่เจอชีพจร จึงรีบนำขึ้นจากน้ำรอบแรก กระตุ้นหายใจ พบมีการตอบสนอง ตายังตอบสนอง จึงเอาลงบ่อ จากนั้นตรวจชีพจรซ้ำ แต่ไม่เจอชีพจรอีก จึงฉีดยาช่วยชีวิต และเอาขึ้นจากบ่อรอบที่ ๒ จนกระทั่งเวลา ๐๐.๐๙ น. น้องได้จากพวกเราไปอย่างสงบแล้ว

#มาเรียม #พะยูน #ใจหาย #สุดเศร้า #RIP

#Shocking "come" little pha from everyone in peace.

On 1, August 7, 2, the department of marine resources and the coast. I would like to inform the bad news that the sister has been able to get it from us. The Doctor's team found that the sister came to stop breathing and not. Found a pulse so I took it up from the water first round. The breathing was found. There was a response to the death of cuddle confused, so I took it down to the pond, then checked the pulse again, but I didn't find any pulse. So I took a shot and took it up from the pond round 2 UNTIL 0 0. 0 9 PM Brother has gone from us in peace.

Example ~~~

ดังพลุแตก "จินตหรา พูลลาภ" ชวน หนูรัตน์และพิม นาคำไฮ แสดงเอ็มวี "สาวนานครพนม"

Famous Fireworks. " Jin is " invite the rat cuddle and pim the show " girl na nakhon phanom "

TBWG

2 hours ago, TBWG said:

Hi tgeezer . 

Example ~~~

วันนี้แอดพามาชมร้านขายของเล่นมือ2 ญี่ปุ่น ทางออกไปธวัชดินแดง เลยอ่างธวัชชัยไปหน่อยหนึ่งอยู่ซ้ายมือ รั้วเตี้ยๆสีดำ อาคารจะอยู่หลังที่เข้าไปไกลนิดหนึ่ง แนะนำไปตอนฝนไม่ตกนะครับ แอดไปขี้โคลนเต็มรถเลย555
ปล. คาร์ซีท น่าสนใจ ทุกวันนี้มีแต่อุ้มเด็กวางตัก เกิดอุบัติเหตุมา เด็กกระเด็นตกนอกรถ ถูกแพงก็หามาใช้กันครับ

Today, add me to see the selling shop. Hand-Playing 2 Japan. The exit is going to cuddle pm. It's so red. Cuddle,. One is left. The fence is short and black. The building will be behind a little bit. Recommended to the episode. It's not raining. Let's add the mud to the whole car. Haha.
PS. Carl is interesting. These days, there is only a I. There is an accident. The kid is falling out of the car. If you are expensive, let's find it.
 us in peace.

Example ~~~

Famous Fireworks. " Jin is " invite the rat cuddle and pim the show " girl na nakhon phanom "

TBWG

There is no cuddle there. I can make a start and maybe others can help to make guesses, When we get stuck I shall ask a friend on line. 

Firstly แอด is a person. พามาชม brought us to ‘admire’ a shop selling sectioned hand Japanese things for children. 

ธรัช means flag but I see that it could mean sign so “the way out go dindaeng sign” on the left hand side a little bit beyond the ‘winning flag basin’ black fence is not high, the building is a little bit far from the entrance.  Better to go when it isn’t raining, Ed drove through mud which covered the car. 

PS Car seats for kids are very interesting, these days carrying kids on your lap in an accident the kid gets thrown out of the car. whatever they cost we should use them. 

I know it is a bit like google because I have no idea of the places ธัชดินแดง อ่างธัชชัย 

I am probably quite wrong there. 

The above post is getting to the point. First, Thais are notorious for "shortcutting" spellings on the phone to avoid needing the Shift key, which other Thais understand immediately, but this completely confuses Google (and other) translations. Further, misspellings are commonplace, and I often find I am parsing Thai by considering the key next to the one used. Furthermore, names can cause extreme confusion for translators, primarily because there is no word break in Thai to help the parser understand where to look for each word. In none of the cases in your examples does the word "cuddle" make any sense.

5 hours ago, katana said:

What software or internet site are you using to translate the Thai?

I am using Safari on iPhone and iPad and it is really frustrating. Script is changed by the editor and spell checker especially of I try phonetics. Deleting parts of quotes and scrolling up to find the quote while writing the reply is extremely difficult, very unstable. It takes twice as long as it should.  I have tried the TV app. twice in the past but gave it up but can not remember why. 

14 hours ago, TBWG said:

Hi tgeezer . 

Exam

Example ~~~

#สุดช็อกใจ "มาเรียม" พะยูนน้อย จากทุกคนไปอย่างสงบแล้ว

วันที่ ๑๗ สิงหาคม ๒๕๖๒ กรมทรัพยากรทางทะเลและชายฝั่ง ขอแจ้งข่าวร้ายว่า น้องมาเรียม ได้จากพวกเราไปแล้ว ทีมแพทย์พบว่าน้องมาเรียม หยุดหายใจ และไม่เจอชีพจร จึงรีบนำขึ้นจากน้ำรอบแรก กระตุ้นหายใจ พบมีการตอบสนอง ตายังตอบสนอง จึงเอาลงบ่อ จากนั้นตรวจชีพจรซ้ำ แต่ไม่เจอชีพจรอีก จึงฉีดยาช่วยชีวิต และเอาขึ้นจากบ่อรอบที่ ๒ จนกระทั่งเวลา ๐๐.๐๙ น. น้องได้จากพวกเราไปอย่างสงบแล้ว

#มาเรียม #พะยูน #ใจหาย #สุดเศร้า #RIP

#Shocking "come" little pha from everyone in peace.

On 1, August 7, 2, the department of marine resources and the coast. I would like to inform the bad news that the sister has been able to get it from us. The Doctor's team found that the sister came to stop breathing and not. Found a pulse so I took it up from the water first round. The breathing was found. There was a response to the death of cuddle confused, so I took it down to the pond, then checked the pulse again, but I didn't find any pulse. So I took a shot and took it up from the pond round 2 UNTIL 0 0. 0 9 PM Brother has gone from us in peace.

Example ~~~

TBWG

Google has missed a few things, again I can not see why ‘cuddle’ was needed. 

Extremely shocking, the little dugong “Mariam” has left us peacefully.  

The medical team found that little Mariam had stopped breathing and that there was no pulse. She was taken from the pool the first time and given artificial respiration which produce a response, her eyes moved. She was returned to the pool and her pulse was checked but there was no more pulse. An injection to help life was administered and she was removed from the pool a second time until finally at nine o’clock she had left us peacefully. 

"วันนี้แอดพามาชมร้านขายของเล่นมือ2 ญี่ปุ่น ทางออกไปธวัชดินแดง เลยอ่างธวัชชัยไปหน่อยหนึ่งอยู่ซ้ายมือ รั้วเตี้ยๆสีดำ อาคารจะอยู่หลังที่เข้าไปไกลนิดหนึ่ง แนะนำไปตอนฝนไม่ตกนะครับ แอดไปขี้โคลนเต็มรถเลย555

Today, add me to see the selling shop. Hand-Playing 2 Japan. The exit is going to cuddle pm. It's so red. Cuddle,. One is left. The fence is short and black. The building will be behind a little bit. Recommended to the episode. It's not raining. Let's add the mud to the whole car. Haha.
PS. Carl is interesting. These days, there is only a I. There is an accident. The kid is falling out of the car. If you are expensive, let's find it."

Google Translate brings a better result:

Today, take us to see a second-hand toy shop, Japan, exit to Thawat Din Daeng.  Just a bit further from Angthawachai on the left hand side  Black low fence  The building is located behind a small distance.  Recommend when the rain doesn't rain  Replying to @AshleeeyMaarie
 P.S. Car Seat is interesting. Today, only carrying a baby to put on a lap  An accident has occurred  Children fall off the car.  Cheap and expensive. Find it for you.

I was just speaking to a friend on Facetime and discover that this manitee’s story has been on Facebook for ages. The mother had died and it was being looked after by divers for weeks then it became sick and removed to a pool on land. If Google had know this it would have made a better job of the translation! 

4 hours ago, tgeezer said:

I am using Safari on iPhone and iPad and it is really frustrating. Script is changed by the editor and spell checker especially of I try phonetics. Deleting parts of quotes and scrolling up to find the quote while writing the reply is extremely difficult, very unstable. It takes twice as long as it should.  I have tried the TV app. twice in the past but gave it up but can not remember why. 

Er...that was for the OP.

16 hours ago, katana said:

What software or internet site are you using to translate the Thai?

Hi Katana

I have taken these examples from facebook posts, which give you the translation option.

I just click on the translation option and it appears. So in answer to your question it is not a specific translation app  just facebooks version.

Thanks again.

TBWG

TBWG

So it's Facebook's translation software?

I couldn't see the word cuddle กอด in Thai there, so can only assume it's some glitch at their end where maybe it's misparsing something to be กอด.

Or maybe there's a cuddle กอด emoticon used in the Facebook post and it's translating the text associated with that emoticon.

• 2 weeks later...

I also see the word “ cuddle “ popping up frequently on FB using their translation.

For example my gf will post a picture of her ( sometimes with me reluctantly in it also [emoji849] ) and her friends comments ( or the gf’s replies ) will often use the word “ cuddle “, usually between female friends, I took it to be a form of endearment.

Archived