BANGKOK
Hal65

Pattaya to Udon for 1 day, TM30 needed?

My hotel is Top Mansion, I called them to ask about this but the desk girl got confused and hung up. If staying for 1 night will I need to submit a TM30? My home province as a non-resident is Chon Buri (pattaya). I'll be going to Laos and staying in Udon Thani 1 day before heading back to Pattaya.

What I read indicated I need to submit 2 TM30's, one in Udon and one in Pattaya, just regarding the single day at Top Mansion in Udon. Seems like overkill but with TM30 one shouldn't assume anything. I'll probably do whatever is safest, within reasonable bounds.

FYI, My landlord submits TM30 for me at my long term unit.

You will not need to do one in Udon since it will be the hotels responsibility to do it.

Not sure whether immigration in Pattaya will want a TM30 form or not.

At some offices the hotel doing a report and you leaving and re entering the county would cause you to do a new TM30 form.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will not need to do one in Udon since it will be the hotels responsibility to do it.

Not sure whether immigration in Pattaya will want a TM30 form or not.

At some offices the hotel doing a report and you leaving and re entering the county would cause you to do a new TM30 form.

About 1.5 years ago my landlord told me he got a 2,000 baht fine for not "submitting this new form" for all the foreigners at his guesthouse. Now I alert him each time I come back and he does it right away, so no worries at my long term place.

It's the 24 hour requirement that puts everything on edge for me. I guess I'm not alone there.

Edited by Hal65

1 minute ago, Hal65 said:

It's the 24 hour requirement that puts everything on edge for me. I guess I'm not alone there.

The 24 hours is from when you return to your residence in Pattaya.

• Like 2

I have read more into this and there is a thin line where I may be on the hook:

1) I stay more than 24 hours out of province AND

2) The hotel fails to submit the TM30

Then the responsibility to file the TM30 falls on me, right?

I think I'll be ok due to staying 1 day at a time regardless. On day 1, I will fly into Udon at 3pm, check in at 3:30pm and check out at 7am which is not 24 hours.

On the return from Laos I will cross the border around 4pm, check into hotel at 4:30pm and check out at 2pm the next day for a 3pm flight out. So on day 2 I barely escape 24 hours as well.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There's really no 24 hour out of province rule for TM30 reporting. That is a mix up with a different section of the immigration act.

If the hotel does not not file a TM30 form immigration will never know you stayed in one.

The most likely reason you will need to file a TM30 form is the for leaving and re-entering the country since there will be stamps in your passport showing it.

Good to know. If the hotel fails to file I think my landlord will appear to have filed on day 2 (hours 24 to 48) of me returning to Thailand. Does the 24 hour rule apply here and potentially snag him for a late reporting fine?

5 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

Good to know. If the hotel fails to file I think my landlord will appear to have filed on day 2 (hours 24 to 48) of me returning to Thailand. Does the 24 hour rule apply here and potentially snag him for a late reporting fine?

The 24 hours after your return to your residence comes into play then. But of course immigration would not know when your arrived at your residence other than what is put on the TM30.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Hal65 said:

You are not really going to know if your hotel actually files or not. Just assume they will file. You shouldn’t care whether they file or not. When you get home file within 24 hours of when you say you returned. Immigration will be happy with you. Do what you are supposed to do and don’t worry about the hotel. 

Edited by Martyp
  • Like 1

I stay out of the way and just let the condo management do it for me.  Works fine.

• Thanks 1

1 question, I live in Bangkok and say I stay in a hotel in Bangkok about 3 kms from my place, same province, would I need to a new TM.30 even though I haven't left the province?

3 minutes ago, dsj said:

1 question, I live in Bangkok and say I stay in a hotel in Bangkok about 3 kms from my place, same province, would I need to a new TM.30 even though I haven't left the province?

If the hotel reported your stay you would be expected to do a TM30 report.

On 8/17/2019 at 5:29 PM, ubonjoe said:

The 24 hours is from when you return to your residence in Pattaya.

Doesn't the form reference leaving the province of your residence for more than 24 hours?