Pattaya to Udon for 1 day, TM30 needed?

7 minutes ago, LuiseM said:

Ubonjoe, are you saying that if the hotel files a TM30, then immigration WILL know about it?  And what, see it in their computer the next time we are there for another service?  I've been wondering about this - how they're going to enforce the other province rule - because my understanding was that their computer system was not up to this task, and it was only the stamps in the passport that clued them into the need for a TM30.  TIA. 

Yes, if a hotel does a TM30 it will be in the system and immigration can see it, if you then present to your local immigration, they know you haven't put in a return to home TM30.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LuiseM said:

I've been wondering about this - how they're going to enforce the other province rule - because my understanding was that their computer system was not up to this task, and it was only the stamps in the passport that clued them into the need for a TM30.  TIA. 

There is no other province rule for TM30 reporting under section 38 of the immigration act. That is in section 37 for a TM28 report that is not normally enforced.

All online reports done by hotels are stored in a database that immigration can access if they want to.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, meand said:

I would make a point of finding a place to stay that wont need a passport.

That's it. Mystery solved. You're welcome for saving two days if your life on needless paperwork. 

OP concerns Pattaya Immigration,and they show leniency when leaving the province and coming back. 

On 8/18/2019 at 8:27 AM, Thailand J said:

I have stopped refiling TM30 at Jomtein after a trip anywhere...because they told me repeatedly with a retirement extension and coming back to the same address, i did not have to refile. I have no way to confirm Isaan hotel filed TM30 for me or not, but I fly out every 2-3 months so my passport stamps are evidence of those trips, yet I did not have TM30 problem renewing extensions.

I did filed a new TM30 when i got a new passport, just in case.

You are correct,you just have to do next 90 days report when staying in Pattaya with surroundings.

16 hours ago, possum1931 said:

If you do not show your passport at your hotel and show your driving licence instead, you don't need to bother about TM30.

It's not up to you showing your passport or not. If the hotel/guesthouse are licensed and follows the law,they will ask for your passport. If you refuse to give it to them, you will be denied to stay. If they don't ask for your passport, it's not your problem. So why worry?

16 hours ago, possum1931 said:

If you do not show your passport at your hotel and show your driving licence instead, you don't need to bother about TM30.

That's not true. The TM30 <deleted> is about reporting foreigners staying somewhere,anywhere, anytime!

2 hours ago, Max69xl said:

It's not up to you showing your passport or not. If the hotel/guesthouse are licensed and follows the law,they will ask for your passport. If you refuse to give it to them, you will be denied to stay. If they don't ask for your passport, it's not your problem. So why worry?

You have got it right. I have just booked in to a hotel I used regularly, and they refused my driving licence, and insisted on seeing my passport.

Apart from the Nana Hotel, that is the first time in 14 years this has happened.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

You have got it right. I have just booked in to a hotel I used regularly, and they refused my driving licence, and insisted on seeing my passport.

Apart from the Nana Hotel, that is the first time in 14 years this has happened.

I guess for me it happens maybe 50% of the time. But it depends on where you're staying, and I don't care the least if they want to see my passport or not. It's not a big deal. Nothing to get a heart attack from.

34 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I guess for me it happens maybe 50% of the time. But it depends on where you're staying, and I don't care the least if they want to see my passport or not. It's not a big deal. Nothing to get a heart attack from.

It is a big deal, as far as Thai immigration are concerned, after I get home, I should travel about 60 Ks to give them a TM39 form. I am not doing this, I am not interested in these dilusional posters who say send the report in a taxi, or do it online, or by post, causing people a lot of hassle.

i will find a way around this.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

It is a big deal, as far as Thai immigration are concerned, after I get home, I should travel about 60 Ks to give them a TM39 form. I am not doing this, I am not interested in these dilusional posters who say send the report in a taxi, or do it online, or by post, causing people a lot of hassle.

i will find a way around this.

I haven't done a TM30 in about 1,5 year. I had to do one when I changed condo. But I'm staying only 5 min from Immigration going by motorbike. ????

12 hours ago, rumbo1 said:

At Nong khai i have been told not to do tm30 report unless i have been outside the country

And Yet Everytime I Do a Border Run over the Bridge & Come Back HOME,I Was Told I Didn't have to do a TM30 By the IO Who stamped me back in,As they do KNOW my Home Address....

9 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Whenever I Go to Mukdahan to Renew My Visa,I Normally stay 1 Night in the Hop Inn Never had my Driving Licence Refused Yet !!

15 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Whenever I Go to Mukdahan to Renew My Visa,I Normally stay 1 Night in the Hop Inn Never had my Driving Licence Refused Yet !!

Maybe because that place is not licensed,OR they don't have a clue about the law behind TM30. I am just telling you what the law says,and a driver's license is totally useless. 

Try to understand why you have to be reported and don't argue.