Advice sought on serious drug matter

Mick501

When I hear the words "drugs and the word police" it sends chill down my spine.

I am speaking from personal experience though my case is not drug, it was illegal crossing of the border.  In my case it was my passport (a valid one) not stamped with entry stamp for that I was sent to prison for 3 days and fine 2000 baht. I was warned not to argue and if I still didn't listen they threatened to send me to the prison in Bangkok where they said I would rot. I realized I was in trouble so I immediately shut my mouth.

They are a law unto themselves.

If you come from a country that talks about law and justice you are in for a big big disappointment.

"Do not touch the colorful frog in the South American Jungle, they seem harmless and pretty, only innocent children will touch them"

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

A few estimates from qualified people put the range at 2-5 years with a guilty plea.  Double that with a failed defence.

I can only second the advice already given to you in this thread.

Walk away.

If it helps you, make a list of all the negatives and risks:

* list of relatives and their current status:

- wealth/debt

- job

- whereabouts (prison?)

- previous problems with police and past sentences

* girlfriend:

- child(ren?) from a drug dealer

- drug habit ?

- health issues ?

I listed just a few items - explore potential issues yourself and then rethink your situation.

39 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

A few estimates from qualified people put the range at 2-5 years with a guilty plea.  Double that with a failed defence.

I don't doubt these estimates at all but when it goes in front of a judge it will be up to him to decide the punishment and he will no doubt have full discretion at his disposal and a lot will depend on who the judge is and what his views are regarding the case even what mood he is at the time may have a bearing (brown envelopes anyone?).Who the defendants lawyer is can also have a bearing (is he a rising star in the legal scene known to the judge?).If you want to get the best results get the best legal defence you can.I don't know if lawyers here become judges as in OZ,but if that is the case here then as can be seen in here money well spent on good lawyers seems to work wonders for the rich as can be seen in several threads here on TV.

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I don't doubt these estimates at all but when it goes in front of a judge it will be up to him to decide the punishment and he will no doubt have full discretion at his disposal and a lot will depend on who the judge is and what his views are regarding the case even what mood he is at the time may have a bearing (brown envelopes anyone?).Who the defendants lawyer is can also have a bearing (is he a rising star in the legal scene known to the judge?).If you want to get the best results get the best legal defence you can.I don't know if lawyers here become judges as in OZ,but if that is the case here then as can be seen in here money well spent on good lawyers seems to work wonders for the rich as can be seen in several threads here on TV.

Picked up a few tidbits about trial processes and legal procedure in my research. Looking at the system through western eyes, it's insanely dangerous and guaranteed to fill the prisons with the innocent.  Can direct you to the link of a private lawyer who has written a brilliant piece on it if you're interested.(PM me)

A lot of posters have told me to run.  Good luck to them if they can walk away from those they care about at the drop of a hat, but my views are different.  I'm still yet to be presented with any media articles or anyones personal knowledge to support that the may be some repercussions to me in the event I financed a successful legal defence.  Sometimes a challenge to sort out hot air from reality, but if there was any evidence I suspect it would have been linked by now.

On 8/18/2019 at 10:38 AM, DeathShroud said:

One day drugs will be found in your transport or house.

and no extended family oriented packages, gifts or luggage goes with you over borders without being inspected first.

if i were going the defense route i would just goto siam legal in bangkok. they seem legit. looking for a particular lawyer is unlikely to yield any real fruit for a case like this. just goto a legit firm and let them handle the case and defense.

dont get involved in the details of the case, just hire the lawyer and let them do it thai style. thats about all you can do. you never want to pay off anyone here on your own in a serious case like this. if a brown enevelope was passed, its passed by the lawyer, not you.

i cant see reprucussions on a successful defense. it would be a done deal and the brother or ex has already signed off she was unknowing.

of course if you lose your out a lot of money, and the case can just drag on forever, but thats your deal.

I spent three years of my life trying to help an Innocent Thai girl, She used drugs, Yabba, I got her straight many times, but as soon as my back was turned  she was back on drugs again, I heard all the sob story's and got all the excuses, Lies and deceit, Do your self a favour move on ,

2 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

I heard all the sob story's and got all the excuses, Lies and deceit,

Did you finally draw the line (no pun intended) when she said, "And the buffalo is on yabba also.  Can you help buffalo as well?"  ????

Quite frankly Mick, if you don't take the advice given to you by so many people here with decades of experience between them, then you get what you deserve. You sound like someone who asks for advice to validate a decision that you have already made, and when that advice comes back as something you didn't expect, you simply ignore it. If you want to mess around with the risk of being drawn into a drug conviction in Thailand then you are very naive, however if you have a never-ending source of finance then go ahead and try and do whatever it is that you want to do. Maybe after millions of Baht in lawyers fees this girl might get off, and then she will run to her Thai boyfriend leaving you looking like the complete and utter fool that you are.

3 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Maybe after millions of Baht in lawyers fees this girl might get off, and then she will run to her Thai boyfriend

And guess who's relative is the policeman, who is staging the whole "charges" facade, the Thai boyfriend's.  ????

Either way, scam, scam, scam. 

8 hours ago, SteveK said:

Quite frankly Mick, if you don't take the advice given to you by so many people here with decades of experience between them, then you get what you deserve. You sound like someone who asks for advice to validate a decision that you have already made, and when that advice comes back as something you didn't expect, you simply ignore it. If you want to mess around with the risk of being drawn into a drug conviction in Thailand then you are very naive, however if you have a never-ending source of finance then go ahead and try and do whatever it is that you want to do. Maybe after millions of Baht in lawyers fees this girl might get off, and then she will run to her Thai boyfriend leaving you looking like the complete and utter fool that you are.

While you're at it can you tell him what next weeks lottery numbers are?If you post them here we can all benefit from your mystic powers.

On 8/17/2019 at 8:59 PM, Isaanbiker said:

It wasn't her brother. It's that easy. Unfortunately, do too many people believe all sorts of stories.

Possibly her brother, father, uncle, husband, boyfriend, loan shark, dealer and pimp all at the same time. 

On 8/21/2019 at 8:22 PM, Mick501 said:

A lot of posters have told me to run.  Good luck to them if they can walk away from those they care about at the drop of a hat, but my views are different.

You don't sound like an idiot in the way you write, and I can't agree with accusations that you're trolling. But have you considered that your relationship might be distorted by the fact that she's under huge pressure at this time? As a girlfriend, she may seem like manna from heaven (aside from the drugs charges hanging over her head), but the stress around that whole situation would turn anyone desperate, easily changing their regular behaviour towards someone close to them. Helpless victim is a form of passive-aggressive behaviour, it's an old woebegone tale. 

Archived