Advice sought on serious drug matter

Mick501

1 hour ago, Mick501 said:

She is very naive and has never seen ganja.

She's involved with drugs and been living with a criminal.

Seems you're the naive one.

Best advice, find yourself a better quality gf.

It's not as if there's a shortage of available women in Thailand.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mick501 said:

It's sad those people throw away good relationships so readily.  That wasn't the advice I was seeking.  Thanks for your input all the same.

It seems like you've already made up your mind to ignore the advice so good luck to you, hope it works out.

9 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

No idea.  Probably just a signature to say she would turn up.  Does it matter?

Never, bail is usually a huge amount of cash upfront.

I paid bail on a girl caught gambling playing cards for 10bht bets, bail was 15Kbht (10 years back), the court fined her 5K and handed me 10k back. I'd expect bail on this to be 50K or more.

And what about when her and her mates start hiding the drugs at your place?

Next thing you'll be asking for advice on avoiding jail.

Problem:
" That wasn't the advice I was seeking. "

Good luck, you need it - seriously.  ...If you will not leave the situation, then get a good,proper,expensive lawyer now.
I wonder which country you are from, that you can be so naive about this sort of situation.

14 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Don't be naive, as foreigner getting involved in a legal case in Thailand, especially one involving drugs, there could be retribution against you in one form or another, which is why so many people are advising you to steer clear of this matter.

He does n't need to get involved, merely supply money, that's it...

33 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Unlikely in this case.

Why is it unlikely?

I know some who recently paid about 300K (ish) to make a drug problem 'go away', a considerably larger amount of a class A was involved than what's been mentioned here.

Money gets rid of problems here, simple as that.

There are lots of fish in the sea, and I'd advise you not to swim with this one.  You only have her word about what's happened, and besides that, there is an ex-boyfriend somewhat in the scene who may decide to make trouble for you. Why would you venture into this situation when there really are some nice woman around who don't carry all this uncertain baggage with them? 

She might say she was talked into it by her farang boyfriend? The advice to do a runner might seem harsh to a westerner but you’re better off distancing yourself from your girlfriend ... there’s no way she didn’t know that the father of her child was in the drug business, and you’d be naive to think otherwise. Time to say “see ya, I wouldn’t want to be ya”.

12 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Yeah nah.... bail requires coin to be paid.

Can you ask your GF and post her reply ?

Her ex bailed her originally and that has since somehow transferred to her father.  Not sure on the exact details how that works.  It was 80k

29 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

The advice im looking for is pretty much whether it is worth it to spend that money in a legal or sub-legal (payment of fine) sense.

You mentioned bail, which implies the case is beyond the police and in the court system. Once you reach this stage, there is no way to extricate by "paying a fine". This is why it is said that it is always best to use whatever leverage (monetary or otherwise) to not get past the police stage in Thailand.

5 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

Her ex bailed her originally and that has since somehow transferred to her father.  Not sure on the exact details how that works.  It was 80k

Probably a loan shark, unless she's a gang member, then the gang would have fronted the money.

25 minutes ago, Mick501 said:

It's sad those people throw away good relationships so readily.  That wasn't the advice I was seeking.  Thanks for your input all the same.

I appreciate that but knowing someone in 3 months is not possible, you could be well let down. 

What would you advise a friend in the same position?

1 minute ago, timendres said:

You mentioned bail, which implies the case is beyond the police and in the court system. Once you reach this stage, there is no way to extricate by "paying a fine". This is why it is said that it is always best to use whatever leverage (monetary or otherwise) to not get past the police stage in Thailand.

Once it reaches this stage it simply costs more as there is more senior people involved who want more money that the regular dibble.

15 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Why is it unlikely?

I know some who recently paid about 300K (ish) to make a drug problem 'go away', a considerably larger amount of a class A was involved than what's been mentioned here.

Money gets rid of problems here, simple as that.

This can only happen before the case moves to the court. Once there, seriously not likely.

3 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Once it reaches this stage it simply costs more as there is more senior people involved who want more money that the regular dibble.

Fair enough point. But still far more preferable to be dealt with before this stage.

1 minute ago, timendres said:

Fair enough point. But still far more preferable to be dealt with before this stage.

Totally agree, the more people involved and the higher up the totem pole it goes the more expensive it becomes, no doubt.

Sit it out. Bail has been paid. 

The ex boyfriend trumped up the bail initialy, the child is his.  He,s declaring she had nothing to do with it.

She has a father. 

You have been around for 3 months. 

Let them all deal with it. Stay out of it. 

If she cares she,ll still be there at the end if it.   If not you were being used .

38 minutes ago, Cat ji said:

22 minutes ago, timendres said:

Thanks.  The first piece of advice answering my two simple questions.  Now if I can just get a recommendation on a good lawyer with experience.  

28 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

So which is it then ?.....

This is smelling more like bullshit with your every post.

Mybe not BS from the OP, smells more like a scam cooked up by the "ex" and "his" girl with every post. Just a variation on the sick buffalo. I would want cast iron evidence that she has been charged and is genuinely on bail.

2 hours ago, Mick501 said:

The ex was generally abusive and had affairs, and used violence or threats to ensure his extra curricular activities were not disturbed by her.

Good luck to you. And you are willfully getting involved in this situation. Some people learn the hard way.

2 hours ago, Mick501 said:

Also seeking to be pointed in the direction of competent legal professionals who might be able to offer advice.

Where does your girlfriend live?

In general, you are talking about Thailand where things are different. I can only advise you of the position if your girlfriend was in the UK - which may give you an indication of how to proceed but not 'tablets of stone'.

In the UK the police would only prosecute the girl if there was clear evidence that she was involved.  If there is little evidence, she may initially be charged but that is simply scare tactics and the charges are usually dropped later.  If there is very little or only circumstancial evidence of her involvment, that, in conjunction with the boyfriend's statement that she is not involved would be enough to convince the CPS that there is no interest in proceeding.

You may need to do a little detective work - I don't think there is such a thing as 'disclosure' in Thailand, that's where the prosecution has to show their evidence to the defence. You need to establish what exactly the evidence against her is if you are to refute it. You need to do everything you can to prevent your girlfriend from going before a court. If you can't stop that, then you need a good lawyer that is not going to simply roll over.

Perhaps the most important advice here is to first of all, make sure you are not being scammed.

1 hour ago, Mick501 said:

Do you walk away from friends/ girlfriends when they need help ?

Please do not tell me that she knew nothing about the pot.

She's in the house where it was found, of course is she now playing the innocent woman who needs help.

How good do you know her after only three months? Please be honest to yourself.  

Archived