Advice sought on serious drug matter

Mick501

2 hours ago, timendres said:

This advice is not extreme, nor is it extraordinary. I have personally witnessed Thai women working with the police to entrap foreigners. While this sounds unlikely in your case, you still are running the very real risk that you will somehow be "attached" to the situation. You cannot possibly imagine (without personal experience), the degree of risk to which you are exposed at this moment. You probably think that the police involved are concerned about justice and are going to follow the law. You need to put distance between yourself and this situation. Serious distance.

To the OP :     You have a choice.  Believe posts like this ( from some experienced posters that have been around for quite a while) ..................... OR,  believe your GF and lawyers and police.

Hope you make the right choice.   Find someone who is not involved with problems

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what is the deal with your post about a month ago saying that your girlfriend’s Brother was stopped with a personal amount of weed, and had to pay a 10k baht bribe to police, and that she paid it out of her allowance from you ....and that she was frantic when he went missing??  Why he went missing if only stopped, not charged and taken in.???  

Brother and boyfriend all big into drugs but she is naive snowflake ...who knows how to bag old farang immediately with large allowance and willing to start forking over bail debt to poor Daddy, new lawyer scam and bribes that will be getting kicked back to her, who takes care of baby now??  Does she speak English??  You are new here, right?

If brother is boyfriend, than he is not in jail?  I think maybe all of it is a scam, you are in over your head.

16 hours ago, amykat said:

So what is the deal with your post about a month ago saying that your girlfriend’s Brother was stopped with a personal amount of weed, and had to pay a 10k baht bribe to police, and that she paid it out of her allowance from you ....and that she was frantic when he went missing??  Why he went missing if only stopped, not charged and taken in.???  

Brother and boyfriend all big into drugs but she is naive snowflake ...who knows how to bag old farang immediately with large allowance and willing to start forking over bail debt to poor Daddy, new lawyer scam and bribes that will be getting kicked back to her, who takes care of baby now??  Does she speak English??  You are new here, right?

If brother is boyfriend, than he is not in jail?  I think maybe all of it is a scam, you are in over your head.

This makes the whole issue stink to high heavens. Either the OP is outrageously naive or is talking BS. I suspect the latter.

you mean this one:

Thanks, that just makes my theory believable. There's no love involved, the brother might be her gig and paying for this guy's fine is already enough to walk away from such a beauty.

I'd rather believe that Santa Claus exists than her story. 

9 minutes ago, SteveK said:

This makes the whole issue stink to high heavens. Either the OP is outrageously naive or is talking BS. I suspect the latter.

Perhaps both. You're damn right, this one doesn't deserve any help. Nil, Null , Niente. Zero. 

The people who deserve help don't get it, but the best liars do. 

Welcome to the jungle! 

Newbie underestimated the Thai Visa detectives.

The story really didn't make a whole lot of sense from the start, unless he really was the Great White Buffalo.

Young naive girl, already with baby, ex was a drug Dealer, 3 month romance, unclear bail money, confusing story.

He won't recover.

11 hours ago, Mick501 said:

Thanks.  The first piece of advice answering my two simple questions.  Now if I can just get a recommendation on a good lawyer with experience.  

Hi Mick501 firstly I knew my wife for a mere 3 months before I married her 20 years ago and we are still together.

Secondly I would suggest you contact Sebastian of Isaan Lawyers the guy who organised the TM30 petition.He is based in Nakorn Ratchasima.He is a member of this forum and you can message him through TV.He might be able to help,Good luck!

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1116610-meeting-with-immigration-about-tm30-and-the-latest-news-about-the-petition/

Plead guilty to possession of that much will be 3-6 years jail.

plead not guilty and go to trial can easily cost 250000 up and if lost jail term is double .

i would try to negotiate with police to see how this matter can be put to rest when BF already stated she was not involved.

For OP, this is going to cost one way or another and not few thousand baht 

has she been drug tested and passed ? If she has, would be silly to claim an addict . If she has not passed, silly of OP to assume she did not know 

1 minute ago, BestB said:

plead not guilty and go to trial can easily cost 250000 up and if lost jail term is double .

i would try to negotiate with police to see how this matter can be put to rest when BF already stated she was not involved.

has she been drug tested and passed ? If she has, would be silly to claim an addict . If she has not passed, silly of OP to assume she did not know 

That's a difficult one to play the pot addicted victim. 

The real victim is the OP. ( If the whole story is true...)

It will be interesting to see how these pot related cases turn out in the current climate of some in the government trying to legalise Ganja in Thailand,personally I think selling pot is no worse than selling alcohol but I wouldn't really know because I've never sold alcohol.

Correct me if I’m wrong but once the case has moved up the chain from police to the court system, I don’t think it’s possible to negotiate with the police anymore to make things disappear. If it’s not in the court system yet then the time for negotiations is now when it’s still in the hands of the police.

15 hours ago, Mick501 said:

The events predated me being in LoS.  

the next event won't

when I found out a friend of mine was using and selling drugs I deleted every trace of him from my media environment and made him do the same

Years ago a guy I knew had just got out of prison on bail and he told me what happened to him 

He was at a friends house for a party and stayed overnight in one of the bedrooms, the police raided the house and found drugs in the wardrobe of the bedroom he was sleeping in - you can guess the rest

The house owner was not arrested - he was 

"Girlfriend paid it out of her monthly allowance.  Guess it's not impossible that it was an attempted scam, but she was certainly frantic enough over an extended period where she was unable to communicate with her brother.  Worthy of an Oscar if it wasn't genuine."

NOT WORTHY OF AN OSCAR.

Daily life in Thailand. 

Where did you meet her? College girl? Educated? Seems not.

You want to play hero. You are in over your head.

So he is a drug user. His sister knows, and bailed him out, "using your money."  That is the main factor.  You have money. You are generous, seen as weak, and ultimately, gullible Farang.

The rules are different here is not just a saying.

---

Okay, then, now ex-husband. Different guys, both using, maybe dealing. She knows them both.

Zero way she does not know. My experience of being played in Thailand, lied to, scammed, ripped off...of knowing many guys who were played, lost piles of money in scams, lies, etc. says, "You are being played."

You are not throwing away a good relationship.. you are avoiding financial loss, or jail, in the future.

You think you are innocent. 

Newflash, what matters is how big your wallet is.

I came to Thailand 30 years ago, first time. A guy that worked for me "sank" a jet ski in Phuket.

The police were called. They arrived nearly instantly. Threatened with arrest. Long jail time.

This guy caved, ended up paying $2,500.

Look in your bank, look in yourvfuturexearnings. Look at what your parents if living, relatives and close friends have.

Are you willing to give all of what you have, what they have... to stay out of the Big Tiger?

I would walk. I walked for much less complicated scenarios.

It is not find a good lawyer. It is find a girl you can trust.  2 or 3 years, if you knew her, okay. Not 3 months.

If you are generous, people will appear... to parasitically claim that money. There is no depth to the amount of blood these parasite people will take from you.

Opportunism wins.  Take now, regret later, (if ever) wins.

Google Scott Mallon, and watch and learn.

One day drugs will be found in your transport or house. She will roll over to save her kid, not you. You will be told to pay.

If you cannot pay, you will be told you are not trying hard enough.

Your Embassy will not help you.

All the people that give you money to get out of this will be damn sorry for you. Difficult to pay them back.

Why are you giving 10k (or more) allowance to a girl you just met?

In future times, you will bang your head on a cement wall, and say.. **** me! I was warned!

You will lose time, money, or both, maybe your life, by staying in this tiny mini-drama.

My wife's family are all police, or government. The rules of the west do not apply.  Social pecking order does, and money.

Don't drink and drive. Don't text and drive. Never go bareback. Don't give her money to stay out of the bar. Don't send money to Thailand to support a girl to stay out of the bar. Don't marry a bar girl. Don't play Russian Roulette.

You can get away with all of it, for a time, until you don't.

People do not listen.

You have been warned. Up to you.

Good luck. Choose your future carefully, Mick.

14 hours ago, DLock said:

Newbie underestimated the Thai Visa detectives.

The story really didn't make a whole lot of sense from the start, unless he really was the Great White Buffalo.

Young naive girl, already with baby, ex was a drug Dealer, 3 month romance, unclear bail money, confusing story.

He won't recover.

Old timer proving experience does not make you wise.  Keep watching those detective movies.

50 minutes ago, guru said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but once the case has moved up the chain from police to the court system, I don’t think it’s possible to negotiate with the police anymore to make things disappear. If it’s not in the court system yet then the time for negotiations is now when it’s still in the hands of the police.

your thoughts on this are consistent with some previous posters.  makes me concerned that making a failed approach could then be used against her if she ends up pleading not guilty

1 hour ago, guru said:

Correct but if already in court price increases marginally, as prosecutor may decide to withdraw or file lesser charges but again we not taking few thousand baht 

1 hour ago, DeathShroud said:

"Girlfriend paid it out of her monthly allowance.  Guess it's not impossible that it was an attempted scam, but she was certainly frantic enough over an extended period where she was unable to communicate with her brother.  Worthy of an Oscar if it wasn't genuine."

NOT WORTHY OF AN OSCAR.

Daily life in Thailand. 

So he is a drug user. His sister knows, and bailed him out, "using your money."  That is the main factor.  You have money. You are generous, seen as weak, and ultimately, gullible Farang.

---

Okay, then, now ex-husband. Different guys, both using, maybe dealing. She knows them both.

Zero way she does not know. My experience of being played in Thailand, lied to, scammed, ripped off...of knowing many guys who were played, lost piles of money in scams, lies, etc. says, "You are being played."

You are not throwing away a good relationship.. you are avoiding financial loss, or jail, in the future.

I came to Thailand 30 years ago, first time. A guy that worked for me "sank" a jet ski in Phuket.

The police were called. They arrived nearly instantly. Threatened with arrest. Long jail time.

Look in your bank, look in yourvfuturexearnings. Look at what your parents if living, relatives and close friends have.

Are you willing to give all of what you have, what they have... to stay out of the Big Tiger?

It is not find a good lawyer. It is find a girl you can trust.  2 or 3 years, if you knew her, okay. Not 3 months.

If you are generous, people will appear... to parasitically claim that money. There is no depth to the amount of blood these parasite people will take from you.

One day drugs will be found in your transport or house. She will roll over to save her kid, not you. You will be told to pay.

All the people that give you money to get out of this will be damn sorry for you. Difficult to pay them back.

In future times, you will bang your head on a cement wall, and say.. **** me! I was warned!

You will lose time, money, or both, maybe your life, by staying in this tiny mini-drama.

My wife's family are all police, or government. The rules of the west do not apply.  Social pecking order does, and money.

Don't drink and drive. Don't text and drive. Never go bareback. Don't give her money to stay out of the bar. Don't send money to Thailand to support a girl to stay out of the bar. Don't marry a bar girl. Don't play Russian Roulette.

People do not listen.

Thanks for your time.  I googled Scott Mallon.  Just links to his merchandising.  A self made profile says he's been in jail, but I wonder how he is still in Thailand if it was for anything too serious.  do you have a link to clarify this please?

lots of other anecdotes about stitch ups have been posted too, but no links or supporting evidence.  I have yet to read on TV a poster saying they have had drugs planted, which would be the only real concern in defending this case.  One would think that if it were true their home media would be all over it and hugely bad publicity for LoS.

i have no intention of leaving this girl and will do what I can to help, so any further advice regarding lawyers with experience in this area would be greatly appreciated.  FFF has made a useful suggestion which I will follow up, but other options would also be nice.

1 hour ago, guru said:

They were often held a while to give them a chance to solve the problem by paying a good amount of money, but once the court is aware, the chances are slim to nil. 

I remember a foreign guy who's held in a room at a prison, but he's given the time that his friends could come up with a certain amount of cash.

And they did. 

1 hour ago, DeathShroud said:

NOT WORTHY OF AN OSCAR.

Daily life in Thailand. 

---

People do not listen.

When it's about kilos, there's no more excuse of being only a user.

And the place where the pot was stashed must have been visited by customers as well. Pretty difficult for the girl to play the naive- not knowing anything- girl.

But fake love makes blind. OP, you're the only one for her now to come up with cash and she knows you well enough to tell you exactly what you want to hear.

You've obviously not read Leatherman's book. My Private Dancer. 

OP to give you some idea what you looking at . I know of s similar situation but both were thai . According to her bf was dealing but drugs found in her house.

Cut story short, cost her 2 million baht “bail” money.

also keep in mind conviction rate in Thailand is something as crazy as 95%

16 hours ago, Mick501 said:

It's sad those people throw away good relationships so readily.  That wasn't the advice I was seeking.  Thanks for your input all the same.

Many posters are not aware of the level of commitments and love you two share... they are thinking more of of the usual farang and Thai girlfriend sexual context... 

4 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

When it's about kilos, there's no more excuse of being only a user.

And the place where the pot was stashed must have been visited by customers as well. Pretty difficult for the girl to play the naive- not knowing anything- girl.

But fake love makes blind. OP, you're the only one for her now to come up with cash and she knows you well enough to tell you exactly what you want to hear.

You've obviously not read Leatherman's book. My Private Dancer. 

I do know that it is quite common for people living with drug dealers to genuinely not know of their activities.  But I am only relying on my 25 years as a detective, and you're right, I haven't read the book.

in this case there seems to be no evidence to implicate her other than being in the house, and some strong evidence to exculpatory her in that the ex says she's not involved, and my personal experience that she has no idea what ganja is.  If I see some actual evidence to the contrary, then I will change my view.

Archived