Travelling with a Thia partner and using the Thai passport immigration line

This was mentioned in another thread which prompted me to search TV for more info but couldn't find any.

Has anyone used the Thai passport line when travelling with their Thai partner.  Personally I would expect to be yelled at by the IO and sent to the back of the foreigner queue.

5 hours ago, mngmn said:

...Has anyone used the Thai passport line when travelling with their Thai partner...

It may depend on the type of your partnership. Business partner, partner in crime, etc?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Maestro said:

It may depend on the type of your partnership. Business partner, partner in crime, etc?

Life partner. Feel stupid having a 'girl friend' at my age and we are not married.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Boy, must be love if you cannot be separated from your partner for 30 minutes in an immigration cue

Not the issue really. Sighs...

The Thai queue is always shorter and I believe (maybe incorrectly) that there is less chance of being denied entry if you can point behind you and say 'she my wife me'.

Edited by mngmn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Boy, must be love if you cannot be separated from your partner for 30 minutes in an immigration cue

So agree. I've been with same ball and chain for 7 yrs. Marginal difference on wait times. We travel OFTEN its not big deal.  And a post wank above about elite visa. Inferiority complex?

Edited by DrJack54

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So agree. I've been with same ball and chain for 7 yrs. Marginal difference on wait times. We travel OFTEN its not big deal.  And a post wank above about elite visa. Inferiority complex?

No, it just said i never tried it outside of DMK and explained why.

You must have an inferiority complex tho, big one obviously if one can't even mention the visa one's on.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, mngmn said:

Life partner. Feel stupid having a 'girl friend' at my age and we are not married.

Thank you. In your case, then, partner means a cohabitant of the opposite sex.

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Or the line may just be shorter, making using that line expedient. 

If you can get through in 15 mins why would you wait 40 mins with the the rest of the sheep? 

I generally just head for the shortest line, I don't really care what it says. 

Not had a problem yet. 

Edited by metempsychotic

1 hour ago, metempsychotic said:

Or the line may just be shorter, making using that line expedient. 

If you can get through in 15 mins why would you wait 40 mins with the the rest of the sheep? 

I generally just head for the shortest line, I don't really care what it says. 

Not had a problem yet. 

Me too, till they asked me which Airline I worked for and why I was out of uniform.

Do you both walk up to the immigration desk at the same time? The time I did it at DMK I walked up 1st while my gf was waiting in the queue. I handed my passport and then she asked my gf to come up with me, then stamped her passport then did mine after.