Male Skin Removal Surgery After Massive Weight Loss

lonelysolonely

Hello everyone, I have lost about 90kg. However, there is a problem with excess skin that no matter what I tried to help tightening my loose skin i failed to see results. Rather than ashamed of small penis, I'm more ashamed of my saggy skin than I was extremely obese.

I am looking for information and experiences regarding the surgical of removal of excess skin(full body) and place to stay during my recovery periods. 

Where to have this procedure, costs, risks and rate and level of success.

Thank you for any responses.

very well done you.  That must have taken enormous will power over a long period of time. Others may be able to help as I don't have any direct knowledge of this type of surgery, but do consider India and research what may be available there.  One, it will probably be cheaper and two, the doctors there are, dare I say it, far more knowledgeable in many areas of surgery than doctors in LOS.  Good luck.  

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

very well done you.  That must have taken enormous will power over a long period of time. Others may be able to help as I don't have any direct knowledge of this type of surgery, but do consider India and research what may be available there.  One, it will probably be cheaper and two, the doctors there are, dare I say it, far more knowledgeable in many areas of surgery than doctors in LOS.  Good luck.  

thanks for the compliment, the reason for me to look for a surgeon in Thailand is that I saw few articles of people that are on a budget went to Thailand for the surgeries, other than the cost the article didn't mention the hospital for the surgery. 

@lonelysolonely -

1 - Are you aware of Yan Hee hospital in Bangkok?  Famous for all kinds of cosmetic surgery.  Others on this forum may have personal experience.  There are other hospitals offering cosmetic surgery, but Yan Hee is well-known.

2 - Asking for a place to stay suggests you may not be in Thailand.  If so, most private hospitals here have an "international" desk with English-speaking staff who can advise you about accommodation nearby.

This was one of the article i read about removal of excess skin in Thailand

Lesley Molony lost 64kg and had $12K worth of surgery to remove her excess skin

Cosmeditour

Arm Lift   105,000THB
Thigh Lift 130,000THB

Mummy Makeover – Breast Lift & Augmentation + Tummy Tuck 310,000THB

Total: 545000THB

Excluding accommodation, consultation, medications, flight, and other costs.

14 minutes ago, RLAretired said:

@lonelysolonely -

1 - Are you aware of Yan Hee hospital in Bangkok?  Famous for all kinds of cosmetic surgery.  Others on this forum may have personal experience.  There are other hospitals offering cosmetic surgery, but Yan Hee is well-known.

2 - Asking for a place to stay suggests you may not be in Thailand.  If so, most private hospitals here have an "international" desk with English-speaking staff who can advise you about accommodation nearby.

Currently, it's still planning and saving stage so I feel it will be better to ask people that experienced before for their input. 

Unfortunately, during my journey of losing weight, i couldn't find a better-paid job and I spent lots of money on healthy foods and somehow is more expensive than unhealthy foods.

So now my goal is to get more info on the surgery and work hard to pay for my surgery. 

I feel for the Newbie who has these problems and seeks advice.

Only today I spent a lot of time responding to another newbie and giving advice about open heart surgery. 

Not a thank you or any response or even a kiss my ass.

I won't waste my time ever again giving advice to newbies whether it be about heart or flab removal or any of their emotional hangups. 

Thailand is far from cheap these days.

As other poster suggested go to yanhee website. www.yanhee.net

There is a price list that will give you a general idea but for something like this it is pretty individual as the numbet of locations and size is highly variable. You can get a more exact quote and idea of what will be involved by doing a virtual consultation with them which is free. Upload plenty of pix. And be sure to ask about scars. The trade off for removing loose skin is often a visible scar.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Only today I spent a lot of time responding to another newbie and giving advice about open heart surgery. 

I won't waste my time ever again giving advice to newbies whether it be about heart or flab removal or any of their emotional hangups. 

Can't be helped many of us took kindness for granted. 

15 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Thailand is far from cheap these days.

As other poster suggested go to yanhee website. www.yanhee.net

There is a price list that will give you a general idea but for something like this it is pretty individual as the numbet of locations and size is highly variable. You can get a more exact quote and idea of what will be involved by doing a virtual consultation with them which is free. Upload plenty of pix. And be sure to ask about scars. The trade off for removing loose skin is often a visible scar.

Thanks for the reply, in the meantime i will do the virtual consultation~  

I would also say Yanhee. They are quite famous for all kinds of cosmetic surgeries, and they are a real hospital. Never been there myself, but I know a few who have, although for a different kind of surgery.

But most of all - I wanted to congratulate you on your achievement and wish you all the best with the panniculectomy. As Sheryl states, scars remain after surgery like that in many cases, but in some cases... your belly button disappears. So on top of scars you should ask for that, unless it doesn't matter to you.

I went to Theptarin hospital for the procedure as Bumrungard was WAY too expensive.  I haven't been to Yahnee hospital because Dr. P didn't practice there and after my first procedure I wanted to go to him again - trust is hard to come by in Thailand.  

25 minutes ago, remorhaz said:

When I lost a lot of weight I had excess skin removed from DR. PREEYAPHAS NILUBOL. 

I signed up through this website although it was several years ago.  He did a fantastic job and I've had no problems or long term complications from any of it.

https://www.bangkokmakeovers.com/

Thanks for the reply, i will take a look at the link you given me. 

25 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I would also say Yanhee. They are quite famous for all kinds of cosmetic surgeries, and they are a real hospital. Never been there myself, but I know a few who have, although for a different kind of surgery.

But most of all - I wanted to congratulate you on your achievement and wish you all the best with the panniculectomy. As Sheryl states, scars remain after surgery like that in many cases, but in some cases... your belly button disappears. So on top of scars you should ask for that, unless it doesn't matter to you.

Thanks for the reply, I'm okay with scars because any big movement i will feel that my skin is ripping apart. 

A close friend had this surgery performed in the US. It is not to be taken lightly, as the scarring, and risk of infection, are quite serious considerations. In other words, be ready to pay more for the best talent. Personally, for cosmetic surgery, I recommend Samitivej hospital, but that will likely be the most expensive option available. But worth investigating for comparison. Good luck.

26 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The link is to a medical travel company/intermediary which is unnecessary. Contact the hospital ditectly, in the cade of the doctor mentioned it is Bumrungrad. Which will cost more than Yanhee.

Sure now I'm just collecting info comparing prices.

14 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Many people gave advice on that thread and yours was basically about your experience in Australia.  Thank goodness Sheryl doesn't expect a pat on the back and accolades every time she gives her spot-on advice.  

Get over yourself!

14 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Yes you did get a thank you, albeit not tailored to your specific post.

Post no 12 "Thanks for the replies...I'm trying to help my buddy (the original poster) gather a few other bits of information to help him out." [I also responded to that thread and thought that the OP and his mate looking out for him responded rather better than the norm in terms of continued discourse. I agree that sometimes you can get a question form a newbie and nothing at all].

Don't give up on providing valued advice!!

Edit - just seen NancyL's response - bit more cruel than me, but funnier I guess.

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The link is to a medical travel company/intermediary which is unnecessary. Contact the hospital ditectly, in the cade of the doctor mentioned it is Bumrungrad. Which will cost more than Yanhee.

People should not use these agencies except as a last resort. In my own direct experience, once you contact these services, they basically send your name as a "lead" to a lot of different hospitals or clinics. Those hospitals or clinics may then decline to deal with you directly, because their agreement with the agency precludes them from dealing directly with anyone the agency provides as a lead.

I haven't had the surgery the OP is describing, but I have had cosmetic surgery on my mid-section with Dr. Komwit Kaewchaijaroenkit at Bumrungrad and would not hesitate to return to him if I needed additional such surgery in the future. He and Bumrungrad obviously aren't budget options, however.

Archived