Expired motorcycle tax [Nonthaburi]

xtr3mx7

Hi guys,

I haven't used my Honda PCX for over a year now and never bothered to renew it until this coming month.

Are there any consequences (fine etc) to go a get a new sticker this year or any documents should I bring to renew?

Thanks in advance!

You wil have to pay for the year you missed,just bring your book and that should be it.

Do you need to get it safety checked first?Depends of the age of the bike.

Dont forget,wear nice clothes and smile a lot.

No worries.

5 minutes ago, jvs said:

Dont forget,wear nice clothes and smile a lot.

Or just let an inspection shop near you do it for a small fee (can be used even without need for inspection).

Bring the book and pick it up next day or so.

There are also agents that do insurance/tax handling only.

Thanks for the reply jvs. It's 7 years now. So I guess that I have to bring it to a safety check, would you please be kind telling me where do I have to bring it? Would that be at the transportation department or some district office?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, xtr3mx7 said:

Would that be at the transportation department or some district office?

No. The inspection workshops are licensed private shops.

They show the "yellow cogwheel".

cogwheel.jpg.185cdb950ce32c61be193e58ab8

You can be sure that one or more such shops are in the vicinity of the DLT office.

To find one close to your home you would need to give addr. details.

You can also do it in 7-11.  Need a Thai partner or friend for their Thai ID card, plus the Test Cert if over 5 years old, then pay for compulsory insurance, the 'fine' for non-taxed year (only around 100THB) plus tax for the next year.

Or do what I do - tell the long haired one my bike needs taxing and testing, turn on TV and get a cold drink.  The rest is automatic.

Just now, Kinnock said:

You can also do it in 7-11.  Need a Thai partner or friend for their Thai ID card, plus the Test Cert if over 5 years old, then pay for compulsory insurance, the 'fine' for non-taxed year (only around 100THB) plus tax for the next year.

Doable but kind of a detour. First go to inspection shop to get cert. and then handle the rest at 7/11.

Just let the inspection shop do the work.

I haven't visited a DLT office for this purpose since 8 years.

(only went there for driving license stuff)

I'll give it a try tomorrow at these private shops as I think I saw the cogwheel logo down a few kms away.

Once I have the test certificate, I will try the 7-11 with my partner to get it done.

Hopefully, everything will be alright!

Cheers guys and thank you very much appreciate your help!

4 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Or do what I do - tell the long haired one my bike needs taxing and testing, turn on TV and get a cold drink.  The rest is automatic.

You can only do this at 7/11 if the bike isn't 5 years old yet.

So if you need to get the bike checked you can't pay the tax in 7/11

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

Thanks for pointing that out. Mine's a 7 years old PCX!

Do you guys think that I can get the private shop get the tax done once I get the test cert?

20 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Ah yes, just checked with the long haired dictionary - she taxed my small bike in 7-11 as its only a year old, but not the 6 year old bigger bike which was done in the test shop.

Archived