Tm30 reporting jomtien

mran66

Anyone know if need to redo Tm30 when returning to home after couple of months out? I'm on retirement visa and address unchanged since previous Tm30 or 90day, just wondering if the previous instruction of no need fpe new rm305on such case is still valid and could save the trip to immigration.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I was recently out of the country for 2 weeks. Upon my return, I too was unsure about filing a new tm30 (I have my own house, so no change of address). But I filed anyway - better safe than sorry. I was told (by 2 different staff) that I had 3 days to get it done. Unless it's a serious hassle for you, then you might consider doing the same.

• Like 1

I have not yet ever done a TM30 and not been asked for one in Jomtien, not even during the previous 90d report. 

Could be me having a yellow book for proof of address, could be my pink ID card that I use for all hotel check-ins when travelling in-country (might not get linked to my passport, who knows...). I will soon have to renew my marriage extension, I will the know whether I should have filed a TM30 or not...

That said... as the rules for TM30 and the enforcing of  them are pretty new, there are many different and contradicting stories out and I think that only over the next few months, more stories and eventually loads of non-reporting fines will clarify the situation...

For now, I sit back, relax, drink my coffee and wait and see and read what is happening...

• Like 2

I was recently out of the country for 2 weeks. Upon my return, I too was unsure about filing a new tm30 (I have my own house, so no change of address). But I filed anyway - better safe than sorry. I was told (by 2 different staff) that I had 3 days to get it done. Unless it's a serious hassle for you, then you might consider doing the same.
When I did mine last time, they actually told me no need to come again unless change address. Presumably no need to redo for those on retirement extension and address unchanged. But that was last year.

They did not say anything like that to u?

6 minutes ago, mran66 said:

When I did mine last time, they actually told me no need to come again unless change address. Presumably no need to redo for those on retirement extension and address unchanged. But that was last year.

They did not say anything like that to u?

No mate, but I came here this time on an SETV. My trip out of the country was because I'd done my 3 months on the SETV, and I decided to go out and come back on a Visa exempt. Not sure if that makes a difference re what you said above. 

No mate, but I came here this time on an SETV. My trip out of the country was because I'd done my 3 months on the SETV, and I decided to go out and come back on a Visa exempt. Not sure if that makes a difference re what you said above. 
Oh okay. That's a different case and I would assume u would need to file the report. No need to redo was applicable for retirement extensions and possibly other one year visas if return to same address (local home}.

17 minutes ago, mran66 said:

Just FYI in case relevant to someome: paid a visit to Jomtien immigration for this TM30 to

file my report & ask about the latest requirement, said that before was told that no need to do if on retirement ext and return to same address.

Answer was that new rules now: would need to do every time. Maybe due to the overall situation around TM30.

Whether not filing has any implications for renewals etc is another matter, you never know....

I was previously told not needed again as on retirement extension - looks like its changed ???? what documents did you need to show them? I have a rented condo. cheers

9 hours ago, mran66 said:

Just FYI in case relevant to someome: paid a visit to Jomtien immigration for this TM30 to

file my report & ask about the latest requirement, said that before was told that no need to do if on retirement ext and return to same address.

Answer was that new rules now: would need to do every time. Maybe due to the overall situation around TM30.

Whether not filing has any implications for renewals etc is another matter, you never know....

Oh <deleted>!

Just done today  90 day report after coming in on re-entry permit on a O Marriage extension. Same address so no TM47 required (just the old slip in passport) and no TM30 still (never done one).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I returned from a European trip last year arriving on a Saturday. Went with my Thai wife (the houseowner) to Hua Hin Immigration to file a TM30 and smiling IO told us 'no need' if returning to previous address. I have lived at the same address for 14 years and am on annual retirement extensions.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mran66 said:

What you will find is those that do not file the TM 30 will not be granted an annual extension until they pay the fine.

A lot of people are just putting their heads in the sand and not worrying about it, while a lot of us are doing the best to adhere to their enforcement, you know the old story, head in sand, can only stay under for so long, when head comes up from sand, reality check, now why those who want to avoid sorting it now is beyond me, I for one am not giving them any opportunity to fine me or the wife (Landlord), sorted !

So it's every time you are out of your province for more than 24 hours at any time, you have to report to immigration with the TM 30 within 24 hours of your return, in person or by the app, simple, that said some IO don't require it, but mine does, so I comply ????

Edited by 4MyEgo

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

What you will find is those that do not file the TM 30 will not be granted an annual extension until they pay the fine.

A blanket false statement.

6 years never done one just renewed my extension was told no need.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

It DEPENDS on the POLICY of YOUR local IO. So your IO told you it was NOT necessary to abide by the law, happens all the time, in the end, you MIGHT be the one that suffers.

READ the law, the law says a TM-30 must be on file among other documents.  I take it you have not read on here about the offices that enforce the TM-30, the problems caused, and fines paid.

I have a friend that is 27,000THB poorer because ==> ALL <== his paperwork was 1) NOT up to date, 2) missing -  iincluding a TM-30. He had no choice but pay, he has a family.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, edwardflory said:

It DEPENDS on the POLICY of YOUR local IO. So your IO told you it was NOT necessary to abide by the law, happens all the time, in the end, you MIGHT be the one that suffers.

READ the law, the law says a TM-30 must be on file among other documents.  I take it you have not read on here about the offices that enforce the TM-30, the problems caused, and fines paid.

I have a friend that is 27,000THB poorer because ==> ALL <== his paperwork was 1) NOT up to date, 2) missing -  iincluding a TM-30. He had no choice but pay, he has a family.

27k baht??? 

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

In part you may be correct for now as the reporting in the news and forums states that each immigration office apparently has its own rules, for now at least, however no doubt as the pressure from above turns up the screws, they will all be enforcing it and some will get caught out, because some immigration officer said back then, no need, yeh right, I will take my chances with the TM 30 reporting thank you.

I hope your immigration department keeps the same rule as the original poster who asked the question on the TM 30 updated at #8, worth reading on page 1, he was originally told what you were told a while back, then went to do enquire recently and was told, rule change, MUST do TM30, bada bing, bada bang, bada boom....TM 30 in, TM 30 out, take your chances, pay the fine, don't pay a fine, it's Russian Roulette and I don't trust the words of any person in authority here, put in writing and I will not do TM 30 reporting, and what's the chances of that happening, yep ! 

Also read the post above mine, interesting.

Edited by 4MyEgo

21 hours ago, mran66 said:

I was told by our IO that they do not check for TM 30 reporting until renewal time comes around, i.e. anual extension time, and as mine is based on being married to a Thai, my paperwork goes to Bangkok for approval and my IO have to tick a sheet which asks questions, e.g. did the applicant travel domestically or internationally and report his whereabouts to your office upon his return, i.e. by TM 30 report, yes/no, he went one step further and opened the screen to show me where I had stayed in October, i.e. Phuket, in February Pattaya, Hua Hin in May and now in Chiang Mai, TM 30 for Chiang Mai filed, now with regards to previous stays, he said we start from because they only really enforcing it last couple of months, so we give you time.

As for retirement extensions, I know they are done at the same office, i.e. they don't go to Bangkok, so whether they do a check or not, I wouldn't know, but leaving oneself open to a fine is just crazy, why even risk it.

The above said, legislation is law, I have read the legislation, and I know this much, it doesn't say it is up to the immigration officer, so what he says is not above the law and what he says doesn't change the fact, and tomorrow is he said, no I didn't say don't worry about the TM 30 reporting, it's your word against his, so you pay, not him and if you want to ark up, ark up as much as you like, it's easy to decline your extension and not much you can do about it.

3 hours ago, edwardflory said:

It DEPENDS on the POLICY of YOUR local IO. So your IO told you it was NOT necessary to abide by the law, happens all the time, in the end, you MIGHT be the one that suffers. //

51 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

In part you may be correct for now as the reporting in the news and forums states that each immigration office apparently has its own rules, //

Why do you guys try to speak generalities when we are in the Pattaya Forum and when the title of this thread explicitly says Jomtien …?? :blink:

For maybe 3 years now, at each of my yearly visits at Jomtien Immigration I was told that because I was on Retirement Extension I didn't have to made these TM30. Last time was in June.

Didn't hear about change, but I will ask again at my next visit… in June 2020 :cool:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

A lot of people are just putting their heads in the sand and not worrying about it, while a lot of us are doing the best to adhere to their enforcement, you know the old story, head in sand, can only stay under for so long, when head comes up from sand, reality check, now why those who want to avoid sorting it now is beyond me, I for one am not giving them any opportunity to fine me or the wife (Landlord), sorted !

So far, the punishment sounds like an 800 baht fine. I can live with that once a year if it means not having to traipse all the way to immigration and sit around in their crowded office for a multitude of hours waiting to see some halfwit paper pusher. Perhaps I will get lucky like the previous 11 or 12 years and nothing will be said.

Bye now, got to put my head back in a hole. 

Edited by jacko45k

8 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Why do you guys try to speak generalities when we are in the Pattaya Forum and when the title of this thread explicitly says Jomtien …?? :blink:

For maybe 3 years now, at each of my yearly visits at Jomtien Immigration I was told that because I was on Retirement Extension I didn't have to made these TM30. Last time was in June.

Didn't hear about change, but I will ask again at my next visit… in June 2020 :cool:

I would say because I saw TM 30 Reporting and missed jomtien

If you haven't read #8 on page 1 suggest you do 

Ask in June 2020, as long as long as you provide them with a TM 30 each time you return from another province, or face paying the fine/s, "up to you"

39 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So far, the punishment sounds like an 800 baht fine. I can live with that once a year if it means not having to traipse all the way to immigration and sit around in their crowded office for a multitude of hours waiting to see some halfwit paper pusher. Perhaps I will get lucky like the previous 11 or 12 years and nothing will be said.

Bye now, got to put my head back in a hole. 

Good luck, yeh multitude of hours waiting, nah, download the app, 2 minutes to complete and put your 800 baht to better use then feeding the monkeys.

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

Good luck, yeh multitude of hours waiting, nah, download the app, 2 minutes to complete and put your 800 baht to better use then feeding the monkeys.

Yes, that will be my move when they first start to hassle me over this. As of yet it has not been necessary. I would rather use a laptop though, any idea of where I would register and achieve this? Already do my 90 day reports online, saves those trips to immigration. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, that will be my move when they first start to hassle me over this. As of yet it has not been necessary. I would rather use a laptop though, any idea of where I would register and achieve this? Already do my 90 day reports online, saves those trips to immigration. 

My Mrs has started the process of reporting online as she is my Landlord and is waiting for a password which I believe can take some time to arrive, suffice to say I am not good at this, but here is a link I found, next step for me is to do the 90 day reporting online as driving to and from the immigration office (2 and a half hour round trip) is starting to become boring for the 5 minute process, suffice to say technology has outpaced me unfortunately, so I too will have to pull my f out ????

Some easy reading about the TM 30 is on a link below the registration link, you may want to read that first, it basically answers all the questions we need to know.

Good luck

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

https://www.thethailandlife.com/tm30-guide

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

My Mrs has started the process of reporting online as she is my Landlord and is waiting for a password which I believe can take some time to arrive, suffice to say I am not good at this, but here is a link I found, next step for me is to do the 90 day reporting online as driving to and from the immigration office (2 and a half hour round trip) is starting to become boring for the 5 minute process, suffice to say technology has outpaced me unfortunately, so I too will have to pull my f out ????

Good luck

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

I'm just trying to understand the registration process which I want to submit for my wife's house. Clicked on the link and looked at the form that requires completion. Not sure what to put in the box marked "Position" and the one marked "Accommodation Name", so would appreciate any guidance. Many thanks...

Use the link in the post above, you should receive an email so you can confirm your email address within a a day or two,then you have to wait for a username/password to enable you to submit an online TM 30.

The problem seems to be now that whilst some people have received their user/pass and submitted others are waiting a long time for this information ( currently 20 days myself ). Some have reported up to 11 weeks and a couple of reports that posters are having their registration rejected after waiting for two months.

Sooo, the usual luck of the draw !!

( my IO doesn’t even do 90 days online so I’m not holding much hope !! )
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Rambo said:

I'm just trying to understand the registration process which I want to submit for my wife's house. Clicked on the link and looked at the form that requires completion. Not sure what to put in the box marked "Position" and the one marked "Accommodation Name", so would appreciate any guidance. Many thanks...

Ok, here we go, straight up from the big chief, where it says:

Position, next to it is a orange button, click it and it will ask you if you want the latitude and longitude of the address that you reside at, or the longitude and latitude from the device, naturally if you not home, don't press the device one.

Accommodation name = the house book name, usually your wife's name, if its her house

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Ok, here we go, straight up from the big chief, where it says:

Position, next to it is a orange button, click it and it will ask you if you want the latitude and longitude of the address that you reside at, or the longitude and latitude from the device, naturally if you not home, don't press the device one.

Accommodation name = the house book name, usually your wife's name, if its her house

Many thanks. My Thai wife holds Blue House Book. I have Yellow Book and Pink ID.