BANGKOK
mran66

Tm30 reporting jomtien

Anyone know if need to redo Tm30 when returning to home after couple of months out? I'm on retirement visa and address unchanged since previous Tm30 or 90day, just wondering if the previous instruction of no need fpe new rm305on such case is still valid and could save the trip to immigration.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I was recently out of the country for 2 weeks. Upon my return, I too was unsure about filing a new tm30 (I have my own house, so no change of address). But I filed anyway - better safe than sorry. I was told (by 2 different staff) that I had 3 days to get it done. Unless it's a serious hassle for you, then you might consider doing the same.

• Like 1

I have not yet ever done a TM30 and not been asked for one in Jomtien, not even during the previous 90d report. 

Could be me having a yellow book for proof of address, could be my pink ID card that I use for all hotel check-ins when travelling in-country (might not get linked to my passport, who knows...). I will soon have to renew my marriage extension, I will the know whether I should have filed a TM30 or not...

That said... as the rules for TM30 and the enforcing of  them are pretty new, there are many different and contradicting stories out and I think that only over the next few months, more stories and eventually loads of non-reporting fines will clarify the situation...

For now, I sit back, relax, drink my coffee and wait and see and read what is happening...

• Like 2

I was recently out of the country for 2 weeks. Upon my return, I too was unsure about filing a new tm30 (I have my own house, so no change of address). But I filed anyway - better safe than sorry. I was told (by 2 different staff) that I had 3 days to get it done. Unless it's a serious hassle for you, then you might consider doing the same.
When I did mine last time, they actually told me no need to come again unless change address. Presumably no need to redo for those on retirement extension and address unchanged. But that was last year.

They did not say anything like that to u?

6 minutes ago, mran66 said:

When I did mine last time, they actually told me no need to come again unless change address. Presumably no need to redo for those on retirement extension and address unchanged. But that was last year.

They did not say anything like that to u?

No mate, but I came here this time on an SETV. My trip out of the country was because I'd done my 3 months on the SETV, and I decided to go out and come back on a Visa exempt. Not sure if that makes a difference re what you said above. 

No mate, but I came here this time on an SETV. My trip out of the country was because I'd done my 3 months on the SETV, and I decided to go out and come back on a Visa exempt. Not sure if that makes a difference re what you said above. 
Oh okay. That's a different case and I would assume u would need to file the report. No need to redo was applicable for retirement extensions and possibly other one year visas if return to same address (local home}.

Just FYI in case relevant to someome: paid a visit to Jomtien immigration for this TM30 to

file my report & ask about the latest requirement, said that before was told that no need to do if on retirement ext and return to same address.

Answer was that new rules now: would need to do every time. Maybe due to the overall situation around TM30.

Whether not filing has any implications for renewals etc is another matter, you never know....

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mran66 said:

Just FYI in case relevant to someome: paid a visit to Jomtien immigration for this TM30 to

file my report & ask about the latest requirement, said that before was told that no need to do if on retirement ext and return to same address.

Answer was that new rules now: would need to do every time. Maybe due to the overall situation around TM30.

Whether not filing has any implications for renewals etc is another matter, you never know....

I was previously told not needed again as on retirement extension - looks like its changed 😞 what documents did you need to show them? I have a rented condo. cheers

9 hours ago, mran66 said:

Oh <deleted>!

Just done today  90 day report after coming in on re-entry permit on a O Marriage extension. Same address so no TM47 required (just the old slip in passport) and no TM30 still (never done one).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I returned from a European trip last year arriving on a Saturday. Went with my Thai wife (the houseowner) to Hua Hin Immigration to file a TM30 and smiling IO told us 'no need' if returning to previous address. I have lived at the same address for 14 years and am on annual retirement extensions.

• Like 1

It is my understanding that one needs to do this ridiculous form even if one has been away for 2 days, including doing it at the place you were at for a day ! The whole object being that your whereabouts should be registered at all times 😞

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, mran66 said:

What you will find is those that do not file the TM 30 will not be granted an annual extension until they pay the fine.

A lot of people are just putting their heads in the sand and not worrying about it, while a lot of us are doing the best to adhere to their enforcement, you know the old story, head in sand, can only stay under for so long, when head comes up from sand, reality check, now why those who want to avoid sorting it now is beyond me, I for one am not giving them any opportunity to fine me or the wife (Landlord), sorted !

So it's every time you are out of your province for more than 24 hours at any time, you have to report to immigration with the TM 30 within 24 hours of your return, in person or by the app, simple, that said some IO don't require it, but mine does, so I comply 🙂

Edited by 4MyEgo