Tm30 reporting jomtien

mran66

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Ok, here we go, straight up from the big chief, where it says:

Position, next to it is a orange button, click it and it will ask you if you want the latitude and longitude of the address that you reside at, or the longitude and latitude from the device, naturally if you not home, don't press the device one.

Accommodation name = the house book name, usually your wife's name, if its her house

Position is your position at the property, not you location

image.png.5190628cb56d96ef3daedd4fd9dd468f.png

Accommodation name is literally the name  of the property "Acme Condos" etc or house 3 soi 6, its not the housemasters or owners name.

Seriously, why are you posting misinformation ???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Position is your position at the property, not you location

image.png.5190628cb56d96ef3daedd4fd9dd468f.png

Accommodation name is literally the name  of the property "Acme Condos" etc or house 3 soi 6, its not the housemasters or owners name.

Seriously, why are you posting misinformation ???

My bad, having re-read his post I thought I read "Location", however it was "Position" that he was querying, suffice to say, I am wrong that I didn't provide him with what he requested, at least I wasn't wrong if he was requiring how to do the location part ????

As for accommodation name, the big chief now tells me that this is only filled in if the property you live in has an actual name, as you suggest "Acme Condos", however if there is no house name, which is the case where we live, they fill in the owners name as they have done with her, so misinforming him would be correct if he had an actual accommodation name, whether he does or not I do not know.

Let's put it down to my misunderstanding of what he requested, e.g. "Position" instead of "Location" and of course Thai translation of "accommodation name" to being optional, e.g. if no accommodation name, insert name of Owner in Blue Book, however if you think this is different, happy to pass that back to the big chief who is huffing and a puffing ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rambo said:

Thanks for your help

See latest post above please mate as Peterw42 raised some misinformation that I gave you, but I think you worked it out, also be interesting to know what's in your wifes Blue Book, for accommodation name, just out of interest, e.g. her name or other if there is actually a section that says accommodation name in Thai ?

Edited by 4MyEgo

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

My bad, having re-read his post I thought I read "Location", however it was "Position" that he was querying, suffice to say, I am wrong that I didn't provide him with what he requested, at least I wasn't wrong if he was requiring how to do the location part ????

As for accommodation name, the big chief now tells me that this is only filled in if the property you live in has an actual name, as you suggest "Acme Condos", however if there is no house name, which is the case where we live, they fill in the owners name as they have done with her, so misinforming him would be correct if he had an actual accommodation name, whether he does or not I do not know.

Let's put it down to my misunderstanding of what he requested, e.g. "Position" instead of "Location" and of course Thai translation of "accommodation name" to being optional, e.g. if no accommodation name, insert name of Owner in Blue Book, however if you think this is different, happy to pass that back to the big chief who is huffing and a puffing ????

As you say, the Accommodation name is a hangover from when it was only hotels as hotels have a name. you can just type House if a house.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

As you say, the Accommodation name is a hangover from when it was only hotels as hotels have a name. you can just type House if a house.

It is indeed a house so will just insert "House". As regards "Position" surely my wife is both "The Owner" and "House Master" so can I just insert 'Possessor" or  or are there any other descriptions to use ? Just trying to be correct and appreciate your assistance

45 minutes ago, Rambo said:

It is indeed a house so will just insert "House". As regards "Position" surely my wife is both "The Owner" and "House Master" so can I just insert 'Possessor" or  or are there any other descriptions to use ? Just trying to be correct and appreciate your assistance

Its a pull down menu, dependant on what you choose in the earlier menus. If you choose guesthouse then the choices are owner or manager, choose condo/house then the choices are owner, housemaster or possessor.

Depending on which one you choose, the system will ask for relevant documents, owner they ask for chanote, possessor they may ask for lease etc. 90% of the time they appear to be happy with bluebook and ID

Edited by Peterw42

On 8/20/2019 at 9:11 PM, 4MyEgo said:

As for retirement extensions, I know they are done at the same office, i.e. they don't go to Bangkok, so whether they do a check or not, I wouldn't know, but leaving oneself open to a fine is just crazy, why even risk it.

i wouldnt care about the fine at all, travel costs or sending a messenger can be higher than the lousy fine.

But if you spin it further and if what you said is correct, which i guess it is - i wouldn't be surprised if people get rejected for ignoring tm30 sooner or later, and that's worse than a fine.

On 8/21/2019 at 6:08 AM, jacko45k said:

So far, the punishment sounds like an 800 baht fine. I can live with that once a year if it means not having to traipse all the way to immigration and sit around in their crowded office for a multitude of hours waiting to see some halfwit paper pusher. Perhaps I will get lucky like the previous 11 or 12 years and nothing will be said.

Bye now, got to put my head back in a hole. 

But more than likey you will hand in your documents and 1900 baht for your extension and it will be refused until you pay the fine lets say 1000 baht, then you have to submit all your documents again plus another 1900 baht because on the form it says if extension refused 1900 baht none refundable so that adds up to 4800 baht

2 minutes ago, sometime said:

But more than likey you will hand in your documents and 1900 baht for your extension and it will be refused until you pay the fine lets say 1000 baht, then you have to submit all your documents again plus another 1900 baht because on the form it says if extension refused 1900 baht none refundable so that adds up to 4800 baht

Yep, that can go straight into the Project Fear file.

The figure of 800 Baht (with no impact on the processing of the extension) is what a friend paid in a provincial immigration office.

I'm beginning to think the Phillippines looks a more attractive place to retire to......

Of course there are the storms, earthquakes & severe weather to consider

But this feeling of being unwelcome here in Thailand, is getting wearing 

For 10 years I've been positive always being hopeful things will improve......but it seems Caucasians are getting to be taboo

Edited by DD13
Alteration
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, sometime said:

I don't know that  that is the process. Usually my experience is I have all the paperwork checked, and then offer payment after it is given the okay. I have not heard of this double whammy 1900 bah happening. Have you? 

Don't worry, be happy.   Never been asked for TM30. 10 years in Thailand .  3 different locations.

If and when it happens I am ready to pay the small fine. 

• Like 1

I was previously told not needed again as on retirement extension - looks like its changed [emoji20] what documents did you need to show them? I have a rented condo. cheers
Just passport copies and copy of house book (as owner)
  • Thanks 1

On 8/20/2019 at 10:20 PM, Pattaya46 said:

Why do you guys try to speak generalities when we are in the Pattaya Forum and when the title of this thread explicitly says Jomtien …??

Just trying to warn IN ADVANCE what MIGHT happen - remembering that YOU are responsible to see that your paperwork is up to date and COMPLIES with the laws, regulations, police orders and etc.

Many long stay, yearly renew, people have had the TM-30 surprise with NO advance notice at / from their local IO.

POLICY CAN change overnight

Edited by edwardflory
spelling

I don't know that  that is the process. Usually my experience is I have all the paperwork checked, and then offer payment after it is given the okay. I have not heard of this double whammy 1900 bah happening. Have you? 

Virtually every time I have done my marriage extension the miserable woman there has rejected something on the first pass and sent my wife off to do extra copies of something or other or we have had to go to the bank for a new letter - never made us pay twice, lol.

Guess if she does insist on a TM30 next is just a question of getting one while we are there and possibly paying a fine but not exactly a major inconvenience.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

Jomtien   Immigration I was Fined 3200 baht in March   for not having done TM30 for several trips around Thailand my mate who has a Business Visa was fined 9600 for all the trips he is doing ,,

The website does not work  my wife has tried it

they are enforcing it In Pattaya   ,,

when I return in October from Europe    I will go down on first day and register TM30,,

sure its been done very badly  a shambles in fact  but its a new money stream for the corrupt <deleted> ,,,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did a TM30 today for guests staying at our house for three weeks.

Arrived at 10:45 and got a ticket, went and had a coffee outside as you can hear them calling the No's over the outside speaker, all done by 11:20. Very smooth. There is nothing to pay!

On 8/24/2019 at 2:50 AM, liddelljohn said:

Jomtien   Immigration I was Fined 3200 baht in March   for not having done TM30 for several trips around Thailand my mate who has a Business Visa was fined 9600 for all the trips he is doing ,, //

Rather strange. I remember reading an interview of a high ranked Immigration officer explaining that, for Immigration rules, you can only be fined for your current/actual situation, not for what happened in the past.

The question was re-asked more specifically about the TM30, and his answer was that you can only be fine from your last arrival at your current address. (Edit: probably on a Pattaya Expat Club article)

On 8/24/2019 at 2:50 AM, liddelljohn said:

The website does not work  my wife has tried it

Thousand of people and countless of hotel are using it successfully. Maybe time to change of wife? :wink:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

If a 'retirement visa' holder travels to Another province, and stays for a week, does he need to submit a TM30?

Yes, or the owner/ housemaster of the accommodation he uses should do it on his behalf. 

12 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

If a 'retirement visa' holder travels to Another province, and stays for a week, does he need to submit a TM30?

I say no. Jomtien only require a TM30 from a retiree if they are changing address permanently. Can anyone else confirm?

2 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

Not if no one in the area you went to did a TM30 on you there (Jomtien Imm never knew you left). 

But if they did do a TM30 on you there, then before you do an extension of stay (retirement extension) in Jomtien, it would perhaps be wise/safe to update your return with Jomtien's TM30.

Edited by OneZero

10 hours ago, champers said:

I say no. Jomtien only require a TM30 from a retiree if they are changing address permanently. Can anyone else confirm?

My previous answer was simply based on the rule. Didn't want to get into details as to where etc. It would also depend on whether the place visited would submit a TM30 on his behalf, and if he expects to need anything from immigration. 

I agree wrt Jomtiem.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to do TM30 this morning as I to Hua Hin for the weekend. I was told that if you are on a retirement extension (or any other long term visa) and travel within Thailand there is no need to do TM30 when you return to your permanent registered address. You only need to do it when I return if I go out of Thailand.

The officer had three stars on her shoulders, so it is not as if it was coming from an admin assistant.

2 hours ago, Bangna Betty said:

Did first ever TM30 reporting yesterday at Jomtien. Didn’t get to sit down, barely 5 minutes from beginning to end. 

That is good. First and only one I ever did, (for a guest at my place, not myself), I wasted a whole afternoon there waiting.