Tm30 reporting jomtien

mran66

On 8/18/2019 at 7:13 AM, Swiss1960 said:

I have not yet ever done a TM30 and not been asked for one in Jomtien, not even during the previous 90d report. 

Could be me having a yellow book for proof of address, could be my pink ID card that I use for all hotel check-ins when travelling in-country (might not get linked to my passport, who knows...). I will soon have to renew my marriage extension, I will the know whether I should have filed a TM30 or not...

That said... as the rules for TM30 and the enforcing of  them are pretty new, there are many different and contradicting stories out and I think that only over the next few months, more stories and eventually loads of non-reporting fines will clarify the situation...

For now, I sit back, relax, drink my coffee and wait and see and read what is happening...

have fun reading and posting all year about a possible immigration fine. sounds like a really relaxing retirement for you.

• 4 months later...

Any updates on this from Jomtein? I`m on a retirement visa and soon going to Cambodia for a few days so on my return I guess I have to file a TM30 at immigration but as it`s the landlords real responsibility what information do I need to supply to satisfy the requirement?

Edited by Jim P

18 minutes ago, Jim P said:

Any updates on this from Jomtein? I`m on a retirement visa and soon going to Cambodia for a few days so on my return I guess I have to fike a TM30 at immigration but as it`s the landlords real responsibility what information do I need to supply to satisfy the requirement?

I did my extension in mid-December and there was no requirement for a TM30. I go back to the UK twice a year and I've never done one. I get the impression that people who voluntarily do the TM30 are expected to continue doing it, but if you're in the system and have never done one, then they don't seem interested in you adding more paperwork to their already mountainous pile.

BTW, nothing had changed from previous years (this was my 12th extension) in terms of the paperwork needed. The only new twist is that you have to go back after 3 months with an updated copy of your bank passbook to show that you haven't frittered away the 800K Baht on wine, women and song!