UK faces food, fuel and drugs shortages in no-deal Brexit: Times, citing official documents

rooster59

On 8/20/2019 at 9:27 PM, nauseus said:

No. Not Grouse. Rather concerned there.

To those whom I may have confused, Grouse is a remainer and frequently posted on these TV Brexit forums until fairly recently. We had several clashes of course - you may have guessed that I favour the UK leaving the EU.

I can not see his rather unique way of expression in any posts now, so I don't think he is active at the moment, under any guise. I know that he had had a medical "event" a few months ago but also that he was recovering, the last time we had contact. I'm just hoping that he is OK and that can call me a numpty again soon, without getting suspended of course.

If you can see this, Grouse, well, that's good.

Best Wishes 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

OK lets move onto the pound one - why isn't it rising (18th request)

Please stop asking this pointless question that has been dealt with a thousand times on these threads (1st request)

14 hours ago, bristolboy said:

I'm referring to political reality, not to rules and procedures which is the province of the Speaker of the House... of Commons.

Nancy Pelosi is the leader of her party in the House.  It is unlikely that many Democrats would oppose her for that reason alone. Especially given the unpopularity of Trump..

Also, the Russians supported Brexit. Russians aren't real popular with the Democrats. You can argue that it's fake news all you like, but that's not going to sway Democrats

In addition, the Democrats take great pride in the GFA since it was agreed to with the assistance of Bill Clinton and George Mitchell. They consider it an historic achievement. And no amount of persiflage from Brexit supporters is going to convince the that the GFA and a hard Brexit can coexist.

And there are a fair number of Irish Americans to whom that agreement is very important..

Also, Democrats overwhelmingly approve of the EU and don't like the idea of a weakened Europe. Especially given the aggressiveness of the Russians. (see Reason 1)

I just want to make sure that you understand that the Congress of the United States is a genuinely bicameral legislature. And that unless a bill is passed by both the House and the Senate, it cannot be signed into law.

You do go on. Still didn't answer a very important question. You make a lot of assumptions in this posts and also in others.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You do go on. Still didn't answer a very important question. You make a lot of assumptions in this posts and also in others.

Is this what you mean by your question?

"You are saying that the speaker of the house rules and makes decisions, like preventing trade deals with the UK. Ridiculous. if you have proof, show us the evidence."

Since I never said such a thing, I did you the courtesy of ignoring your lie.

10 hours ago, Handsome Gardener said:

OK lets move onto the pound one - why isn't it rising (18th request)

You have not asked me 18 times. Come on show me I am waiting.

Why did Bojo vote FOR the deal the brexiteers hate but then suddenly diverted course when he realised there was a shot at power ?

Do you mean the deal he voted twice against it first? Well I am not a mind reader like it would seem you are. I can speculate but that's all it would be.

11 hours ago, Handsome Gardener said:

This is basic stuff - if you've got no answers for those what are you going to do when life gets difficult ? or are you still basing your strategy on hope ?

So lets get the easy ones out the way first - when you're ready …….

Your arrogance and self righteousness is astounding just like a poster of the past.

Can't get more ironic than this you really can't

So people who want to put an end to the Brexit madness 'want the UK to suffer' ? So the Brexit vote that is now causing the carnage unfolding isn't making the UK suffer ? You live in a fantasy.

Have you seen the pounds performance ? (But you're going to tell us all soon why it isn't rising correct ?) - is that making the UK suffer ?

So who's making the UK suffer again ? - don't be even more ridiculous.

Barclays prediction today no-deal, recession, pound plummets - Moody prediction today UK to become basketcase, Poll of housing experts (85%) predict today 'prices will flounder with a no deal' - oh but wait they're all bias right ? Nothing to see here.

Still will leave it there, you've got enough questions to be getting on with when you wake up ...I see you've also managed to get well out of your depth on US politics ...

PS Given the main reason brits are so disliked abroad (and no-one is disliked more than the british) is their inability to keep there noses out of everyone else's issues - can you explain why it matters where a commentator comes from ?

I was discussing this with another poster. Who are you their mum as I am sure they can answer for themselves.

"PS Given the main reason brits are so disliked abroad (and no-one is disliked more than the british) is their inability to keep there noses out of everyone else's issues - can you explain why it matters where a commentator comes from ?"

Where is your evidence for this or are you making it up.

You are definitely rude and arrogant and if you continue you will not get any replies from me. Be respectful and less of a ships anchor.

It is Karma. When govt follow sanctions on countries and their children suffer due to lack of medication, food and always felt proud to do that.

So lets wait to hear the screams coming out of the UK. It is already coming out a PM is removed. Obligation money dont have, wow what a financial capital. No wonder Hong Kong is in chaos.

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I was discussing this with another poster. Who are you their mum as I am sure they can answer for themselves.

"PS Given the main reason brits are so disliked abroad (and no-one is disliked more than the british) is their inability to keep there noses out of everyone else's issues - can you explain why it matters where a commentator comes from ?"

Where is your evidence for this or are you making it up.

You are definitely rude and arrogant and if you continue you will not get any replies from me. Be respectful and less of a ships anchor.

If you want to have a private discussion with another member, use the PM service. This is an open forum.

Whatever the merits of the case may be regarding how Britons are viewed abroad, the moderators have made it very clear repeatedly and for good reason that citing the nationality or alleged nationality of a member as germane to a discussion is trolling.

On 8/18/2019 at 2:25 PM, Russ McD said:

Harks back to 1999 ... just how much did they spend on preparing us for the "Millenium bug".

Remember the prophecies of a UK meltdown at the turn of the Century ... computers crashing ... planes falling out the sky.

And what happened ... nothing ... life carried on as before.

.... ha, just seen Topdeadsenter shares my sentiments. 

Possibly because preparations were put in place before 2000, nobody was sitting down saying it will be alright on the night, just a short time pain, the problem was worked on.

14 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Would that be because a number of particularly active none-UK posters are effectively trolling what is a very serious British matter?

It is a British matter insofar as it is about the UK. It is not a British matter insofar as eligibility to comment upon it is concerned. And a serious British matter? Serious because the EU and the UK are both following the discussions on thaivisa? And the outcome of this thread is going to have an impact on whether or not Brexit takes place and if so, how it will fare?

Archived