UK faces food, fuel and drugs shortages in no-deal Brexit: Times, citing official documents

rooster59

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

They are representing all the nation, not just those who voted Brexit. 

It being their job to represent, all the nation. 

Wrong... they are paid to enact upon the result of a free & democratic vote... which was exit the EU...

not what some people or some politicians want after the vote was cast!

A vote is a vote and it was to leave.... that's democracy !!!!!

You cannot have a vote then ignore it !

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Maybe, maybe not, but for Johnson to enter into a No-deal scenario borders on madness without any concept of how to manage the repercussions. Surely, people should realise that it's the surest way to failure.  

Actually he has little choice given that for the last 3 years Teresa May and Philip Hammond along with the rest of the Remainers in the cabinet have done their best at keeping the UK in Brexit or BRINO.

That has left whoever took over from TM (Boris) a little over 4 months to undo the damage of the past three years. In addition he has to fight off the Remainers who are actively working against him, his cabinet and the wishes of over 17 million people.

TM the PM who PROMISED to deliver Brexit to the country and lied every time she said it.

TM the PM who said on many occasions the a No Deal Brexit was better than a bad deal Brexit. She lied every time she said that too.

Brexit has confirmed to me that very very few politicians in the UK can be trusted.

Win or lose over Brexit, there will be the night of the long knives in all the political parties at the next General Election.

5 hours ago, Stupooey said:

It was always accepted that the RoI would be big losers from a pro-Brexit vote, almost as much as the UK. In fact it is hard to identify any winners, apart from maybe Rees-Mogg and his cronies. IF (and it's a big if) the UK ever recovered from this shambles, it would not have been down to those who voted for Brexit, as most of them would no longer be alive.

Quote from your post  "it would not have been down to those who voted for Brexit, as most of them would no longer be alive."

Thank you very much for your kind thoughts.

My response is the same as that of Samuel Clemens (better known as Mark Twain)

“Reports of my death are grossly exaggerated.” 

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Actually he has little choice given that for the last 3 years Teresa May and Philip Hammond along with the rest of the Remainers in the cabinet have done their best at keeping the UK in Brexit or BRINO.

That has left whoever took over from TM (Boris) a little over 4 months to undo the damage of the past three years. In addition he has to fight off the Remainers who are actively working against him, his cabinet and the wishes of over 17 million people.

TM the PM who PROMISED to deliver Brexit to the country and lied every time she said it.

TM the PM who said on many occasions the a No Deal Brexit was better than a bad deal Brexit. She lied every time she said that too.

Brexit has confirmed to me that very very few politicians in the UK can be trusted.

Win or lose over Brexit, there will be the night of the long knives in all the political parties at the next General Election.

I agree brexit will be exterminated along with Tory brexit party.

22 minutes ago, billd766 said:

if you recall, the PM did deliver the agreement whether you like it or not. That it was rejected by the Tory ERG group is factual. So get a grip on reality. 

Let's face it. All of us who are being decimated by the UK /baht exchange rate owing to Brexit would be against Brexit no deal. Full stop.  

How anyone could consider otherwise is a position that is unfathomable - or has a financial income that is irrevinalant.  

24 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

I agree brexit will be exterminated along with Tory brexit party.

But that was not what I said.

If you are going to agree with me then quote me with your comment as well.

I am confident that Brexit will happen along with the decimation of both the Labour and Tory parties.

12 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

if you recall, the PM did deliver the agreement whether you like it or not. That it was rejected by the Tory ERG group is factual. So get a grip on reality. 

I have a firm grip on reality thank you.

No she did NOT deliver the agreement at all. She brought her last gasp agreement to the floor of the HoC where it was formally rejected 3 times.

quote "That it was rejected by the Tory ERG group is factual." that is correct but who else rejected it? 

https://www.euronews.com/2018/12/07/what-is-in-theresa-may-s-brexit-deal-and-why-is-it-so-unpopular

https://www.euronews.com/2019/05/24/theresa-may-resigns-how-brexit-defined-then-destroyed-her-premiership

https://www.ft.com/content/35c56d4a-7be6-11e9-81d2-f785092ab560

On 8/18/2019 at 2:26 AM, welovesundaysatspace said:

This must be pretty confusing for the Brexiteers. Not May’s traitors and remainers cabinet anymore but still Project Fear? 

This type of detailed analysis could not have been carried out and written down in less than a month, so it's obviously content taken from earlier reports prepared by civil servants. 

I suspect the purpose was to look into all the areas where concerns have been raised, and ensure we have contingency plans. It's just sensible due diligence. If I was running the country I'd want to use reports prepared by the most pessimistic civil servants so that all bases are covered. That's why there are so many outrageous claims in the report. 

It has been leaked by one of the Tory remaniacs and made to look like a report detailing what will actually happen. I'm amazed so many people have been taken in by this! 

7 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

And you are like many Remainers who haven't a clue either.

You’re the one who didn’t know the EU rules. 

Oh dear. The next thing you will be saying that the EU is a democracy.

When all member countries decide unanimously and everyone has a veto that sounds pretty democratic. Unlike the United Kingdom, where member countries don’t enjoy such democratic rights and can’t even leave on their own. 

35 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

This type of detailed analysis could not have been carried out and written down in less than a month, so it's obviously content taken from earlier reports prepared by civil servants. 

I suspect the purpose was to look into all the areas where concerns have been raised, and ensure we have contingency plans. It's just sensible due diligence. If I was running the country I'd want to use reports prepared by the most pessimistic civil servants so that all bases are covered. That's why there are so many outrageous claims in the report. 

It has been leaked by one of the Tory remaniacs and made to look like a report detailing what will actually happen. I'm amazed so many people have been taken in by this! 

If as claimed by the government it is out of date which in case of Gibralta it is . Why does the government not publish the latest analysis.

If it is correct and preparations have been accelerated and the issues taken care off. Then publishing the analysis would remove any doubt from the EU and possibly encourage the EU to re negotiate.

52 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Most Leavers take it with a pinch or even a sack full of salt. For the Remainers I cannot comment as their educational values are far above us "fick as" as they so often proclaim in lofty tones.

23 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

an old paper leaked by a sacked remainer minister trying to throw spanner in works..there maybe some bumps in the road says gove which is to be expected if uk escapes the 4th reich just as it was when uk escaped the 3rd reich..

Are you by any chance referring to  historic links between our soverign royal family , and Germany .

Brexitears , all join in the chorus , rule brittania,     gbp will never be the same...

On 8/18/2019 at 7:23 PM, candide said:

How would tariffs imposed on UK exports by the EU reduce imports of these products by the UK?

Yes, I rather though it was not going to be beneficial for the UK to leave, after all. Clearly, the EU considers health matters to be important. 

Bottom line for the UK, though. Avoid these products for a more healthy regime.

On 8/18/2019 at 9:46 PM, The Old Bull said:

I lived half my life before the EU. The benefits outweigh any regulations brought in by do gooders. They will still exist to annoy you and the government will still bring in goat shaggers and canibals.

At last someone who can enlighten me on exactly what benefits will ensue and how they would affect the 'man on the street'?

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:25 AM, Laughing Gravy said:

Really!!!

It doesn't matter. The EU only has a few countries worth trading with the rest are 'hanger oners'

It must be your superior everything again.

You know that answer. So trading to the top 3 economies in the world would swamp the EU.

Really. Okay you are fooling nobody.

Regardless of all this nonsense. It doesn't matter the UK is leaving the EU, no matter how many whinging politicians try and prevent the referendum result of 2016.

Yes really - I think the pressure is getting to you. I understand now there was/is a poster called 'Grouse' ? That's not me, I am a Handsome Gardner who considers life too short to <deleted> about with more than one id - your detective skills seem to be on a par with your economical ones - however if you're certain I'll donate 100,000 baht to a charity of your choice upon proof, maybe the mods can help you out in your quest ? In the meantime feel free to keep making a fool of yourself.

Does the US count in your top 3 after they've made it quite plain if anyone so much breathes on the Good Friday agreement there will be no deal - oh whilt here what is the brexiteer timescale for the deals please ? give us an outline of what you have in the pipeline that replaces what we HAVE got now ….

Why isn't the pound rising ? (17th request)

24 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Yes really - I think the pressure is getting to you. I understand now there was/is a poster called 'Grouse' ? That's not me, I am a Handsome Gardner who considers life too short to <deleted> about with more than one id - your detective skills seem to be on a par with your economical ones - however if you're certain I'll donate 100,000 baht to a charity of your choice upon proof, maybe the mods can help you out in your quest ? In the meantime feel free to keep making a fool of yourself.

Does the US count in your top 3 after they've made it quite plain if anyone so much breathes on the Good Friday agreement there will be no deal - oh whilt here what is the brexiteer timescale for the deals please ? give us an outline of what you have in the pipeline that replaces what we HAVE got now ….

Why isn't the pound rising ? (17th request)

No. Not Grouse. Rather concerned there.

7 hours ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Yes really - I think the pressure is getting to you.

Not at all. No pressure at all. We are leaving the EU on 31st October 2019.

7 hours ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Does the US count in your top 3 after they've made it quite plain if anyone so much breathes on the Good Friday agreement there will be no deal

Wrong again. A speaker in the house is not the US. The president says differently. I know you want the UK to be unsuccessful after Brexit as your posts indicate this.

The rest isn't worth responding too.

Wrong again. A speaker in the house is not the US. The president says differently. I know you want the UK to be unsuccessful after Brexit as your posts indicate this.

"A speaker in the house is not the US. The president says differently."

You really should refrain from commenting on US politics. Not because of your nationality, which is irrelevant, but because of your lack of knowledge. It isn't "A speaker in the house". It's "The Speaker of the House." There's only one.  She is voted on by the members of the House of Representatives. Virtually always, the votes break down on party lines. Democrats have a big majority now in the House. Nancy Pelosi is their leader. Trump hasn't had much luck in trying to push them around. As anyone who has a clue about the present situation could tell you. So what makes you think that the Democrats are going to give way to Trump on this one?

7 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

"A speaker in the house is not the US. The president says differently."

You really should refrain from commenting on US politics. Not because of your nationality, which is irrelevant, but because of your lack of knowledge. It isn't "A speaker in the house". It's "The Speaker of the House." There's only one.  She is voted on by the members of the House of Representatives. Virtually always, the votes break down on party lines. Democrats have a big majority now in the House. Nancy Pelosi is their leader. Trump hasn't had much luck in trying to push them around. As anyone who has a clue about the present situation could tell you. So what makes you think that the Democrats are going to give way to Trump on this one?

So again what one speaker says, regardless of the speaker of the house, does not define what will happen. Same as John Bercow although many like you may believe he can do what he wants, he can't just like Pelosi.

So again who cares what one person says. It wasn't long ago a so called president said we would be at the back of the queue. Now we are at the front.

Obviously from your posts you want the UK to have a poor economy and stay within the EU. Sadly for you both won't happen.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So again what one speaker says, regardless of the speaker of the house, does not define what will happen. Same as John Bercow although many like you may believe he can do what he wants, he can't just like Pelosi.

So again who cares what one person says. It wasn't long ago a so called president said we would be at the back of the queue. Now we are at the front.

Obviously from your posts you want the UK to have a poor economy and stay within the EU. Sadly for you both won't happen.

Are you trying to prove how little you understand the American legislative system. Just because John Bercow and Nancy Pelosi are both called Speaker of the House, you think that their positions are similar? In fact, they have virtually nothing significant in common.  Laughable.

And if Trump doesn't get reelected who knows where the UK will be in that line? And just because you're in the line, doesn't mean you get to pass GO.

And imputing motives to someone you disagree with is the mark of a person who has no solid argument to make.

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

And if Trump doesn't get reelected who knows where the UK will be in that line?

Well I believe he will get reelected not that it bothers me or i am a fan. He is still the president now, so your anti British rhetoric, wanting the UK to suffer, is tiresome. Anything positive the UK can do you jump on it.  So enlighten us where are you really from.

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

Are you trying to prove how little you understand the American legislative system.

You are saying that the speaker of the house rules and makes decisions, like preventing trade deals with the UK. Ridiculous. if you have proof, show us the evidence.

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well I believe he will get reelected not that it bothers me or i am a fan. He is still the president now, so your anti British rhetoric, wanting the UK to suffer, is tiresome. Anything positive the UK can do you jump on it.  So enlighten us where are you really from.

You are saying that the speaker of the house rules and makes decisions, like preventing trade deals with the UK. Ridiculous. if you have proof, show us the evidence.

I'm referring to political reality, not to rules and procedures which is the province of the Speaker of the House... of Commons.

Nancy Pelosi is the leader of her party in the House.  It is unlikely that many Democrats would oppose her for that reason alone. Especially given the unpopularity of Trump..

Also, the Russians supported Brexit. Russians aren't real popular with the Democrats. You can argue that it's fake news all you like, but that's not going to sway Democrats

In addition, the Democrats take great pride in the GFA since it was agreed to with the assistance of Bill Clinton and George Mitchell. They consider it an historic achievement. And no amount of persiflage from Brexit supporters is going to convince the that the GFA and a hard Brexit can coexist.

And there are a fair number of Irish Americans to whom that agreement is very important..

Also, Democrats overwhelmingly approve of the EU and don't like the idea of a weakened Europe. Especially given the aggressiveness of the Russians. (see Reason 1)

I just want to make sure that you understand that the Congress of the United States is a genuinely bicameral legislature. And that unless a bill is passed by both the House and the Senate, it cannot be signed into law.

19 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Is that the deals question you're finding difficult ?

OK lets move onto the pound one - why isn't it rising (18th request)

Why did Bojo vote FOR the deal the brexiteers hate but then suddenly diverted course when he realised there was a shot at power ?

This is basic stuff - if you've got no answers for those what are you going to do when life gets difficult ? or are you still basing your strategy on hope ?

So lets get the easy ones out the way first - when you're ready …….

8 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Can't get more ironic than this you really can't

So people who want to put an end to the Brexit madness 'want the UK to suffer' ? So the Brexit vote that is now causing the carnage unfolding isn't making the UK suffer ? You live in a fantasy.

Have you seen the pounds performance ? (But you're going to tell us all soon why it isn't rising correct ?) - is that making the UK suffer ?

So who's making the UK suffer again ? - don't be even more ridiculous.

Barclays prediction today no-deal, recession, pound plummets - Moody prediction today UK to become basketcase, Poll of housing experts (85%) predict today 'prices will flounder with a no deal' - oh but wait they're all bias right ? Nothing to see here.

Still will leave it there, you've got enough questions to be getting on with when you wake up ...I see you've also managed to get well out of your depth on US politics ...

PS Given the main reason brits are so disliked abroad (and no-one is disliked more than the british) is their inability to keep there noses out of everyone else's issues - can you explain why it matters where a commentator comes from ?

Archived