RTAF opens space operations center

rooster59

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, brokenbone said:

no, a barge has zero ability to sustain air operations,

and to top it off it also isnt sea worthy.

wonder why the lot of you want to vent

ignorant attacks with the aim of sniping all things thai at all time, it can only ever amuse advanced senility,

with embarrassingly low education

and common knowledge

I am very lucky to work with some great people in Thailand.   Our feeling is that these sorts of things do not serve the Thai people, but rather, the military commanders who run these projects.  Thailand, like every nation, could and should try to advance themselves.  If you cannot build a rocket or a satellite, make parts for them.  Nano vacuum tubes are resistant to radiation and are much faster than transistors, making them the future of computers and radios in space.  That is research many countries can do. 

5 hours ago, brokenbone said:

no, a barge has zero ability to sustain air operations,

and to top it off it also isnt sea worthy.

wonder why the lot of you want to vent

ignorant attacks with the aim of sniping all things thai at all time, it can only ever amuse advanced senility,

with embarrassingly low education

and common knowledge

Because in almost over near 30 years it is hard to see almost any credibility. And that does not take a genius to see. Everything in modern time for THAI military has been learned by foreign hands training them. They are great at copying things, but not everything. 

23 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Because in almost over near 30 years it is hard to see almost any credibility. And that does not take a genius to see. Everything in modern time for THAI military has been learned by foreign hands training them. They are great at copying things, but not everything. 

only due to corruption, and specially rtp,

but on tvf, whether it is subsidies for farmers

or space tech, or anything in between,

the advanced senility of tvf are equally eager to shoot it down

This has got to be a joke. Gov't can't solve terrestrial issues (traffic, roads, etc) and they want to spend taxpayers money on a Space Force? Joining Trump's band of idiots? Oh, sorry, Military needs another excuse to appropriate more tax dollars...way to go Mr. PM.

10 hours ago, brokenbone said:

just like every other nation, down to the typical sub division within air force, for the purpose of the ever increasing

importance of satellites, nothing strange about it.

it was to be expected senile tv members

think they know better,

hense the usual thai bashing re-occurrence

Us senile TV members recall the construction of a submarine training school, and the establishment of a submarine branch with a whole structure and establishment, which eventually has led to the hugely expensive procurement of submarines, for which no real strategic purpose exists other than "impressing the neighbours".

Us senile TV members suspect that this announcement has all the signs of being the precursor for similar ambitions by the Air Force. Establishing a specific branch, manning it, "training" personnel, and eventually the money will be found for a "space programme"! So yes, we are bashing it - because just like the submarine programme, it is nothing more than expensive toys for the boys. I would doubt whether satellite and space patrols, in any form, have any strategic or military significance whatsoever.

32 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Ah - bog standard senility at present then.

I. despite the accusations flying around, am far from senile - why, I frequently pepper my posts with long words like wheelbarrow and marmalade!

Now, what are we talking about, why did I post this?

5 minutes ago, JAG said:

Us senile TV members recall the construction of a submarine training school, and the establishment of a submarine branch with a whole structure and establishment, which eventually has led to the hugely expensive procurement of submarines, for which no real strategic purpose exists other than "impressing the neighbours".

Us senile TV members suspect that this announcement has all the signs of being the precursor for similar ambitions by the Air Force. Establishing a specific branch, manning it, "training" personnel, and eventually the money will be found for a "space programme"! So yes, we are bashing it - because just like the submarine programme, it is nothing more than expensive toys for the boys. I would doubt whether satellite and space patrols, in any form, have any strategic or military significance whatsoever.

every nations military came to the exact opposite conclusion, that space is becoming the ultimate frontier

in intel, maybe they didnt get your meme ?

i bet they would pay handsomely for your aged wisdom

6 minutes ago, JAG said:

I. despite the accusations flying around, am far from senile - why, I frequently pepper my posts with long words like wheelbarrow and marmalade!

Now, what are we talking about, why did I post this?

I had one, but the leg fell off. Why are you obsessed with food - pepper and marmalade.

7 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

every nations military came to the exact opposite conclusion, that space is becoming the ultimate frontier

in intel, maybe they didnt get your meme ?

i bet they would pay handsomely for your aged wisdom

Talking of which, I do remember Star Wars and Mr Spock's three ears: The left ear, the right ear and the final front ear.

21 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

only due to corruption, and specially rtp,

but on tvf, whether it is subsidies for farmers

or space tech, or anything in between,

the advanced senility of tvf are equally eager to shoot it down

Didn’t realize mid 50’s qualified me for that title. But if you tend to judge it by age then look at the ages of the folk running this country and then some. If they want a space program then it will need the information and infrastructure to come completely from the outside with complete training and being chaperoned. Same as a high speed train or even being able to run a small fleet of submarine. Even Thaicom was contracted out but yes you are correct, advances and good progress are sometimes made. Even the sky train was farmed out. I just would hate to see a nuclear reactor come into contention here. Now that I really draw the line at.  

10 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Talking of which, I do remember Star Wars and Mr Spock's three ears: The left ear, the right ear and the final front ear.

"To boldly go" - bloody split infinitives, what has happened to proper English?

Is my ovaltine ready yet nurse?

1 minute ago, JAG said:
8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Mine are olive green, not quite the same as car key.

I don't usually use the confused emoji - but it somehow seems appropriate for this conversation!

How come you can cope with wheelbarrow and marmalade, but not car key and khaki?

3 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

How come you can cope with wheelbarrow and marmalade, but not car key and khaki?

Old dog and new tricks.

Since the thread has gently meandered into age: I met one of the parents of my Primary 2 class yesterday. He (speaks good English) told me that his daughter had come home and announced that Mr John is really old (I had told them I was 61) - his ears don't work and bits have fallen off his hands! 

12 hours ago, brokenbone said:

just like every other nation, down to the typical sub division within air force, for the purpose of the ever increasing

importance of satellites, nothing strange about it.

it was to be expected senile tv members

think they know better,

hense the usual thai bashing re-occurrence

How about "patrols from outer space", then? If not strange, definitely amusing.

Archived