RTAF opens space operations center

rooster59

8 minutes ago, tso310 said:

The big question is how is the Bum Gun going to work in zero gravity.

That's an important consideration. I think there needs to be a budget allocated to look into the issue. Perhaps form a committee. You can't rush these things.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JAG said:

Old dog and new tricks.

Since the thread has gently meandered into age: I met one of the parents of my Primary 2 class yesterday. He (speaks good English) told me that his daughter had come home and announced that Mr John is really old (I had told them I was 61) - his ears don't work and bits have fallen off his hands! 

I'm all ears (well both anyway) as why they don't work, and which bits have fallen off! Spill the beans!

9 minutes ago, tso310 said:

Won't be long before THAI will be offering flights to the Moon, Mars and beyond.

Please do not jest. PM Prayut will himself be commander of the space patrol units responsible for these outer space patrols. He will personally be at the helm of the spacecraft. 

Who else in Cabinet can fly space craft into outer space other than Captain Kirk Prayut.. 

4 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Please do not jest. PM Prayut will himself be commander of the space patrol units responsible for these outer space patrols. He will personally be at the helm of the spacecraft. 

Who else in Cabinet can fly space craft into outer space other than Captain Kirk Prayut.. 

"She'll nay take Warp nine, Captain"

Just now, bluesofa said:

I'm all ears (well both anyway) as why they don't work, and which bits have fallen off! Spill the beans!

Partially deaf in my right ear - 30 years a soldier - and I have "Depuytens" which causes my little fingers to curl up into my palms. I looked down the line of this class the other afternoon, lined up for after school prayers (RC school). The were solemnly intoning their "Hail Mary", their hands in front of them in the "praying position", each one of the little darlings had their little fingers tucked into their palms!

12 hours ago, brokenbone said:

i'll admit a carrier was flawed management of resources,

but it would could serve well as a helicopter platform,

and double up in peace time as sunami relief and the like

But it doesn't serve as such. Would could be a much better management of resources than starting off a space fleet. But then again - does Thailand even have that many relevant helicopters? Or need for such a "platform". Same comment regarding "tsunami relief" - lets start from basics, like handling things properly on land, before jumping into the water, eh?

11 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

tenor(10).gif

8 hours ago, brokenbone said:

no, a barge has zero ability to sustain air operations,

and to top it off it also isnt sea worthy.

wonder why the lot of you want to vent

ignorant attacks with the aim of sniping all things thai at all time, it can only ever amuse advanced senility,

with embarrassingly low education

and common knowledge

You are correct. Let's face it the computing power for the moon landing was so much smaller than peoples smart phones have now. A lot of the calculations were done on slide rules.

As I posted before you don't have to build your own rocket.

You just hire one from the people who have them.

14 hours ago, rooster59 said:

To prepare for the increasing threat from space in the future, the Royal Thai Armed Force (RTAF) has opened a space operations center for the purpose of threat prevention, and enhancing national security in outer space. :cheesy:

Brings a whole new meaning to being posted to an inactive position.

Archived