Details of mandatory health insurance for Non-Imm O-A visas to be announced next week

And what if the vast majority of unpaid bills are incurred buy non O foreigners, such as ordinary tourists, or migrant workers, or other visitors?

What if the vast majority of non O holders are high spending and law abiding and respectful and respectable people who are now going to say enough is enough and just not come back?

Is there any evidence at all to support these xenophobic claims, or is this just a sneaky trick to raise revenue for the insurance companies and elite visa scheme?

• Like 2
  • Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would have thought with the millions of tourists flooding Thailand that they would be more of a medical problem then a few hundred expats living here !

Yes, but many expats can't get an insurance because of their age.

I still find this extremely hard to believe as the hospital will never let you leave until paid in full. How do you rack up a bill and then walk away?   All we can do is wait and see what

Posted Images

1 minute ago, glennb6 said:

simple - falang have more money and are not able to object to immigration regs and stay here, so they cook up a BS reason to steal

And were did they say it would be mandatory only for farangs ??

All we can do is wait and see what comes out and how it is written. Not going to speculate, but I have my feeling there is more to it than that..

"I still find this extremely hard to believe as the hospital will never let you leave until paid in full. How do you rack up a bill and then walk away?"

An easy way to do it (as a mate of mine did recently) is to die.
His good woman had to cough up lots of dosh as he'd been in a govt hosp for more than a month getting treatment for cancer, no insurance, then she had to fund his cremation as well.

Sent from my SM-T385 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

I still find this extremely hard to believe as the hospital will never let you leave until paid in full. How do you rack up a bill and then walk away?

All we can do is wait and see what comes out and how it is written. Not going to speculate, but I have my feeling there is more to it than that..

Private money machines do this to raise the amount on the bill even more

What is te use of doing that if there is no money?

I believe Bangkok Bank already offers this exact coverage for 8000B a year for any age. The policy exactly matches the coverage requirements. Slowly boil the farang frog. Which visa categories are next, Sahibs? Or I could have been in a drunken stupor at the bank when the policy was being touted. Maybe it was just another banking nightmare. Devaluation Now, Devaluation Forever!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
58 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Same here. Once you're conscious, and disconnected from any IV/monitors they watch you like a hawk, making doing a runner impossible.

I think a lot of the unrecovered medical expenses fall into two categories:

- tourist has a minor accident, gets treatment maybe can't pay full boat.

- tourist or foreigner dies after incurring medical treatment, making recovering payment challenging.

Anyone staying here on an extension could be found, and be made to pay or be deported. Implementing some insurance scheme seems like overkill, but then money to be made.

Maybe increased interest in TM30 is prep.